Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AF won't deal in video compilations, so that's not really a very valid request.

Obviously.

Have you heard the J. Lo mixes? They are bloody brilliant. 'J. Lo's G. hits issued on SACD by AF, presented in lossy format for the first time'.

Metallica G. Hits would be great.

ALL these are digitally mastered, easy to send via emails, USB sticks etc. Send to mastering engineer(IF approved of course) and Bob's your uncle.

We are not talking about baking a bunch of tapes hear. I don't give a flying duck about DSD or not, as long as they are hi rez.

Folks!

Is anybody aware of a thread at Steve Hoffman where Marshall Blonstein (Founder/President, DCC & Audio Fidelity) is asking for public input regarding possible future releases? It's mentioned in this comment on Amazon, but I wasn't able to find the actual thread, and I couldn't find any discussion about it here.

It's really interesting because the Amazon commenter writes:

"he's currently asking potential buyers which albums they would like to see released in Quad and 5.1. He provides a list of what he can potentially license for release!"

The comment is from the 12th of March. Might be worth checking out...?

Or inviting Blonstein over here? Jon?

Or inviting Blonstein over here? Jon?

He is aware of this section and all of your suggestions. He prefers not to "engage the masses" here or over at SHF but appreciates our enthusiasm and our responses to his product and his requests.

Maybe Brian can chime in here, but I do not believe that he has released such a list to the general public of titles that he can potentially license for release. Of course, I could be wrong! :mad:@:

"Switched on Bach" had a quad release. "Sonic Seasonings" would also be interesting. I believe Wendy Carlos mixed everything in quad and stereo - not sure that quad versions were ever released. The Wendy Carlos site contains quite a bit information about multi-channel playback, setup, etc. AF is releasing Tron soundtrack on vinyl, seems there is an opportunity to mine the Carlos repertoire.

"Switched on Bach" had a quad release. "Sonic Seasonings" would also be interesting. I believe Wendy Carlos mixed everything in quad and stereo - not sure that quad versions were ever released. The Wendy Carlos site contains quite a bit information about multi-channel playback, setup, etc. AF is releasing Tron soundtrack on vinyl, seems there is an opportunity to mine the Carlos repertoire.

Yes, I knew that she is a surround enthusiast. Her "Switched-On Bach 2000" recording for Telarc back in '92 was encoded for Dolby Surround and I've seen the info you mentioned on her site. I haven't heard the quad of the original S.O.B. but would be thrilled if it was a part of the AF series. The album sounds exceedingly well recorded based on my stereo version. Was "Sonic Seasonings" ever released in quad? I'd welcome that one as well.

Sonic Seasonings was issued on SQ vinyl with no Q8 counterpart. The 2CD set I have seems to have it all intact when decoded.

Want quad of Well Tempered synthesizer too.!

Keep Calm and Have Patience

The purpose of this thread is to provide easy visibility for SUGGESTIONS for Audio Fidelity's consideration. I suggest members post what they want AF to release and limit the banter to Likes and Thank You. There are other existing threads for dissension and dissemination! :smokin

Planet Waves would be good too... That hasn't been re-issued (since the Columbia SACD series)

NWA -- Straight Outta Compton. And more Mozart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a FAB album (and great mix) but a bit short iirc? :eek:

Please AF, do a 2-fer on one Surround SACD with both MFSB's Love Is The Message and Philadelphia Freedom Quads! (y)
nah, who would buy such heavy rocking stuff?
better all Caruso's back catalogue in quad :)

In surround, starting with his catalog. :)

I love those Classic Records DVD-As that came out for I Robot, The Turn Of A Friendly Card and Eye In The Sky - but it would be just incredible to have them in surround. I was hoping that maybe that would be a by-product of his involvement with Steven Wilson on his last album. Just imagine surround mixes produced by the two of them. I feel much the same way about the two Al Stewart albums, as well.

Back