Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if anyone has suggested this title yet, but I have a PERFECT suggestion for AF to reissue on SACD:

Tah-dah! https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?5203-Toy-Matinee-Toy-Matinee-(DTS-Disc)

TOY MATINEE!

Now I own this disc myself (on DVD-A, which is especially good) but I know this disc has been hard to come by for quite a while.

I think this could be one of those "stars align" SACD releases for AF. Never been available on SACD, and it's a reference quality stereo and surround mix (surround done by Elliot Scheiner), so it might be one of those ETrain releases.

C'mon AF. Let's do this! :)

That COMPLETELY makes sense! Let's also have Patrick Leonard's Rivers on AF SACD as it never got past DTS CD status.

Maybe there was also an unreleased surround mix for 3rd Matinee? Patrick Leonard would be the one to ask...

Keep Calm and Have Patience

Albums I'd like to see AF in quad

Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Animals
Credence Gold
Paranoid

So you like the quad mix of Paranoid? I personally think it could be improved greatly. I would pass on this AF quad IF they ever decided to port the mix over...

its alright.. there's a truckload of Warner (& related label) Quads I'd rather AF tackle first.. Chicago, Doobies, Eagles, America, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Carly Simon, Average White Band.. that's gotta be what 20+ right there..

Although I appreciate the Audio Fidelity quad reissues and have purchased all released to date, I would really like to see more quad titles that were announced back in the day and never released. That being said, here are the titles I would love to see issued by Audio Fidelity (assuming the quad master actually exist)... Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado / Boston - Boston / Eagles - Desperado / Eagles - Eagles / James Taylor - Sweet Baby James / Bread - Best Of Vol. 2 / ZZ Top - Fandango / Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing / J. Geils Band - Bloodshot / Allman Brothers - Brothers & Sisters / Ringo Starr - Ringo / Bonnie Raitt - Takin' My Time / Joe Walsh - So What / Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die / Queen - Queen / Jimi Hendrix - Crash Landing.

Although I appreciate the Audio Fidelity quad reissues and have purchased all released to date, I would really like to see more quad titles that were announced back in the day and never released. That being said, here are the titles I would love to see issued by Audio Fidelity (assuming the quad master actually exist)... Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado / Boston - Boston / Eagles - Desperado / Eagles - Eagles / James Taylor - Sweet Baby James / Bread - Best Of Vol. 2 / ZZ Top - Fandango / Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing / J. Geils Band - Bloodshot / Allman Brothers - Brothers & Sisters / Ringo Starr - Ringo / Bonnie Raitt - Takin' My Time / Joe Walsh - So What / Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die / Queen - Queen / Jimi Hendrix - Crash Landing.

The Boston title would be popular for sure.

Average White Band - Has that one been mentioned... Love the horns...

Traffic - John Barleycorn and James Taylor- Sweet Baby James would be awesome. along with any more awesome- Gordon Lightfoot.

Average White Band - Has that one been mentioned... Love the horns...

Got the love, got the love.. got the horns, got the horns..! :banana:
(this is right up there on my Quad>AF wishlist, there's a v.nice CD-4>DVD-A out there but still I'd dearly love a spanky new Gus Skinas DSD mastering fresh from the Quad masters.. well who wouldn't!?)

I just pulled out the quad mix of Randy Newman's Sail Away. Fantastic mix. I would love to see AF put this one out. I've never heard the quad mix of Newman's Good Old Boys, but if it's as good as this one AF should consider it too.

Justin Hayward & John Lodge's Blue Jays would be my other quad dream title for AF to reissue.

Some of these titles are on UMe unfortunately, and I do want them in quad, but AF has access to SONY and WARNER catalogues right now.So to stick with the theme of this post, which is to get AF to try and release quads announced but never released:

SONY/COLUMBIA........SIMON AND GARFUNKLE-BOOKENDS, LAURA NERO-ELI'S COMING, PAUL REVERE+RAIDERS-HARD AND HEAVY, JOHNNY WINTER-JOHNNY WINTER, EDGAR WINTER-WHITE TRASH, JEFF BECK-WITH JAN HAMMER, PINK FLOYD-ANIMALS, ELO-2, BRIAN AUGER AND THE TRINITY, DOLLY PARTON-BARGAIN STORE, THE GUESS WHO-LIVE AT THE PARAMOUNT, THE GUESS WHO-SO LONG BANNATYNE,........WARNER......BLACK OAK ARKANSAS-STREET PARTY, FOGHAT-ENERGISED, FOGHAT-ROCK AND ROLL OUTLAWS, URIAH HEEP-RETURN TO FANTASY, EDDIE HARRIS-SINGS THE BLUES, GORDON LIGHTFOOT-GORD'S GOLD, EAGLES-EAGLES, EAGLES-DESPERADO, ARETHA FRANKLIN-WITH EVERYTHING I FEEL, LEO SAYER-ANOTHER YEAR, TODD RUNDGREN-INITIATION,, CARLY SIMON-ANOTHER PASSENGER,J GEILS BAND-BLOODSHOT, LES MC CAN-TALK TO THE PEOPLE, and if still atlantic ROD STEWART-ATLANTIC CROSSING, and if still reprise FRANK ZAPPA-ONE SIZE FITS ALL, FRANK ZAPPA-ROXY AND ELSEWHERE,.........RCA/ARISTA......ALAN PARSONS-STEREOTOMY, LOU REED-STREET HASSLE.

I'm kinda surprised that Hayward and Lodge themselves didn't lobby for a release of the quad BLUE JAYS back when the Moodies albums were retooled for stereo/quad release. Maybe they're not as keen on the album as they were back in the day, who knows?

To be honest, unless the title and act are high profile, it wouldn't make much sense for AF to bother with some previously issued things, like TOY MATINEE, because the numbers just aren't there, and any MC collector worth his salt has a copy, so who needs another?

I assume the Zappa estate--or his family--own or control the DiscReet/Reprise tapes, and since they seem to have no interest in MC, not likely we'll get anything from that camp.

On the positive side, since Warner and RCA have extensive back catalogs of quad, AF has a lot of options provided the deals can be made. How the already released titles sell, however, may ultimately decide what we get in the future. In my dreams, a 2-fer of SAIL AWAY and GOOD OLD BOYS would be wonderful. We must remember that a new remix as for CHILD IS FATHER is going to be few and far between. And while John Fogerty is breathing I doubt very much anyone would dare even attempt to consider CREEDENCE GOLD, even if someone at the company wanted to do it. CCR may mean built-in sales, but I think there the hurdles are fairly insurmountable.

ED :)

Honestly, the CCR Gold Quad is pretty pathetic. If anything, petition Mr. Fogerty to allow for some modern remixes. Check out my version of "Down on the Corner" for an eye-opening Quad remix. I'm hoping AF wouldn't bother with that one since it's so lack-luster.

Now, say they got permission to do a 5.1 remix of this album: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_Creedence_Clearwater_Revival
that would be a million-and-two seller!

Would Mr. Fogerty allow it though? Hard to say. From what I've seen, it would depend on what day you asked him on.

Back