Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you're referring to is a Production credit, not an Engineering credit.
Paul Rothchild produced the Doors first five albums, but Bruce Botnick was the Recording and Mixing Engineer on all 6 albums, alongside being a Co-Producer on "L.A. Woman" (hence the production credit on "Love Her Madly" and "Riders on the Storm").
AFAIK, Botnick was the only Quad mixing engineer for this release.

I thought that might be the case..but I was holding out hope...oh well...just happy to have any Doors material...

Oh sweet! I have a conversion of this that already sounds great. Very cool mix, too. Shame that it's not as comprehensive as many of the CD compilations that came out later. Would love "When the Music's Over" and "The End" in surround, but kinda don't want to buy the 5.1 albums. :-/

I have the individual discs...but it's nice to be able to grab a compilation disc when you only want to hear certain songs...wish L.A.Woman was included...but still a nice selection..

IMO, the Joe Cockers' were a waste. If they were actually mixed from multitracks, it was a poor job at best. Stereo in front, some kind of delayed reverb going on in the back. Less than stunning. Unless, this is of course some sort of newly discovered discrete mix.... now that would be cool!

There has been no official word about a Doors Best of release at this point. You can begin to prepare to jump over the moon, but please wait for an official announcement before you leap.

Hehe - don't worry. I'll hang on....I won't spread any crazy rumors.....hehe

THE DOORS! THE DOORS! THE DOORS IN QUAD! Oops....well, hopefully.

There has been no official word about a Doors Best of release at this point. You can begin to prepare to jump over the moon, but please wait for an official announcement before you leap.

It listed on Amazon... Its Audio Fidelity... its Quad!!!! :bounce17

Hopefully!!

Interesting! Are the mixes in the "Best of" quad? And are they different from the DVD-A albums in the Perception box set ?

Interesting! Are the mixes in the "Best of" quad? And are they different from the DVD-A albums in the Perception box set ?

Oh Yes they are different - the quad mixes are more discrete, with more going on in the rears... :D

I was late to the party on the 5.1 Doors remixes. No hesitation here on pre-ordering the Best Of through Amazon. Like to hear Rider's on the Storm in 5.1 In fact, I'd like to hear that in a Dolby Atmos system.

"This is the Moody Blues"... while they are at it. I realize this is a compilation of titles already available in 5.1. I think it is an excellent representation of the first 7 albums. The song sequence is excellent.

+1 for Blue Jays

The former definitely won't happen as it was never released as a Quad compilation. 4 songs contained on it were from "In Search of the Lost Chord" which has never been mixed in surround (Quad or 5.1) due to missing tapes.

As for the latter, if the Quad tapes still exist, I would love nothing more to have a remastered release of that album in surround!

But given the various Moody Blues' solo reissues from Cherry Red (Esoteric) Records, how about a deluxe set with DVD-A from them, similar to the recent Anthony Phillips' release.

But whether it's AF or Esoteric, it should happen somehow, someway! :)

Anyone know if Jimmy Buffet has any material that could be released in Quad? Like his Greatest Hits?? :banana:

If there are any Jimmy Buffet Quad or 5.1 mixes, they definitely aren't released AFAIK, so I'd say it's highly unlikely.

The only quad Jimmy Buffett was on the Koss Perspective demo LP, there was a portion of his song "They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More". Other than that, it's strictly SPEC, Surround Master, or PLII for Jimmy B.

If there are any Jimmy Buffet Quad or 5.1 mixes, they definitely aren't released AFAIK, so I'd say it's highly unlikely.

The only quad Jimmy Buffett was on the Koss Perspective demo LP, there was a portion of his song "They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More". Other than that, it's strictly SPEC, Surround Master, or PLII for Jimmy B.

That's too bad....I think his hits would be super fun in surround-hirez. bummer.

Back