Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would very much welcome this release. The Quad version sounds really good for when it was done and what it is. I Have the Perception box set and rarely listen to it because the surround is not that good.

Any guess as to the next 4.0 release? How about Elvis Aloha? Not that I'm suggesting it or anything, but seems likely enough.

Pre-orderded along with America's Homecoming.

Now if they would release some more WB titles like the two Eagles quads :)

A_L

You're welcome.

We've been talking about Best of the Doors as a Multichannel SACD release by AF for sometime. Glad to see it getting close to release.
And there is more to come on Multichannel SACD from AF.... :)

Hmmmmm.....Best of Mountain, Best of Sly and the Family Stone and the Worst of the Jefferson Airplane?

I'm hoping for Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music next :p

Just kidding of course

I was listening to the second half of Love Devotion Surrender today. Man that album is just a wall of noise to me.

Mothers Overnite Sensation, BTO 4-Wheel Drive, BTO Head On, and maybe some Airplane but that's probably a tough one to get. Well, the Mothers would be pretty tough too.

Mothers Overnite Sensation, BTO 4-Wheel Drive, BTO Head On, and maybe some Airplane but that's probably a tough one to get. Well, the Mothers would be pretty tough too.

Anything from Airplane would flat out be amazing.....maybe some Bathing At Baxters......whoa.

More to come - wohooo!!

I'm pinching myself and can't wait to see whats announced next by AF...

I hope some more unreleased mixes (Like Child is Father.. & Supersession) are able to be released by AF - but I'm really happy with what we've got so far. I'm not picky - so I'm sure I'll go for any of the titles (unless I already have them in hi-rez)...

:wave

More to come - wohooo!!

I'm pinching myself and can't wait to see whats announced next by AF...

I hope some more unreleased mixes (Like Child is Father.. & Supersession) are able to be released by AF - but I'm really happy with what we've got so far....

Some other unreleased stuff I can think of: Byrds Fifth Dimension and a Stevie Ray Vaughan title (Analogue Productions had their chance and passed on it).

Overnite is just double stereo really. The Zappa quads are very disappointing IMO.
I had Overnite on quad reel and the stereo is 4 way.

Really regret selling this one. That and the Doors... but don't care about losing the Doors reel now since the situation has been corrected.

Snood would be all over BTO's Four Wheel Drive :banana: literally :rolleyes:

Have you heard Quaudiophiliac? The mix is pretty good as I recall. I'd have to give it a spin to be sure. The fidelity is amazing. There is a QQ poll thread as well.

Yes I meant the early quads Frank did himself.

I had Overnite on quad reel and the stereo is 4 way.

Really regret selling this one. That and the Doors... but don't care about losing the Doors reel now since the situation has been corrected.

4 way yes, double stereo = 4:)

Some other unreleased stuff I can think of: Byrds Fifth Dimension and a Stevie Ray Vaughan title (Analogue Productions had their chance and passed on it).

The individual Stevie Ray Vaughan albums came out on Mobile Fidelity and Analogue Productions did the Box Set on SACD since MoFi has the individual licenses.
What was the missed SRV album?

Thom Cadley did a 5.1 mix of SRV's 'Couldn't Stand The Weather' for the Sony SACD that was supposed to be released 10(ish) years ago that's never seen the light of day.

Back