The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legend, part of a mid-'80s wave of heavy duty high fantasy films (Dragonslayer, Ladyhawke, Willow and to an extent Krull) is the only one to base its lead character, played by Tom Cruise no less, on the same source as a Jethro Tull song. If that isn't legitimacy I don't know what is. Backlit goblins, gleaming unicorns, a field rich in the most photogenic pollen you've ever seen are all delightful, but Tim Curry's red-faced Lord of Darkness scared the crap out of all of us when we were kids.
https://themessenger.com/entertainment/ridley-scott-movies-human-history-timeline

Such a bizarre way to roll out these re-presses!

First MITG shows up only at JPC as a forthcoming late-November release (still no movement on that, and we're quickly running out of November); then Aqualung surfaces solely at Rarewaves (but only their eBay store, not their web store); now SFTW materializes exclusively, but only briefly, at Amazon.uk. (Although--hold the phone!--for a hot minute on Nov. 25th, there was precisely one copy available at Amazon US, for 31 dollars and change, from third-party seller OxfordshireEngland.)

What the hell?

Last edited:
Ok, weird thing... I ordered the Songs from the Wood set and it was cancelled, with the seller saying it was the incorrect price. I ordered it again, same seller, and it's just a few dollars more.

Well, I see the Aqualang and SFTW sets are starting to showing up here and there... But where is MITG, the only one I need? Apart from JPC.de I can't find it anywhere. Weird.

Well, I see the Aqualang and SFTW sets are starting to showing up here and there... But where is MITG, the only one I need? Apart from JPC.de I can't find it anywhere. Weird.
(Where else have you seen Aqualung and SFTW, apart from the two sources listed upthread?)

Ok, weird thing... I ordered the Songs from the Wood set and it was cancelled, with the seller saying it was the incorrect price. I ordered it again, same seller, and it's just a few dollars more.
@ Dynamic Editor, where did you order yours from that was canceled? I ordered one a few days ago from Amazon Uk, it was from a 3rd party seller (chalkys UK).
Total price, w/ shipping/tax, was a GBP 36.71. Don't know what the conversion to USD was.

Last edited:
Here is the US listing. Free S&H. (Unfortunately the current coupon for the Rarewaves website doesn't work at their eBay store.) Hey @scooob!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115992063769
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up. It's so odd that Rarewaves is selling this only on eBay. In fact, if you look it up on their site, it specifically says it's sold out. (Looks like an old entry.) But putting it on eBay does remove it from being eligible for any coupons they might have on the site and their rewards program. I guess?

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up. It's so odd that Rarewaves is selling this only on eBay. In fact, if you look it up on their site, it specifically says it's sold out. (Looks like an old entry.) But putting it on eBay does remove it from being eligible for any coupons they might have on the site and their rewards program. I guess?
I ordered both MITG and Aqualung yesterday--and got shipping notices for both of them this morning.

Here is the US listing. Free S&H. (Unfortunately the current coupon for the Rarewaves website doesn't work at their eBay store.) Hey @scooob!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115992063769
This is the strangest reissue campaign I've ever seen (as you pointed out previously, @humprof). Why would any company trying to make a profit sneak out spurts of product to a handful of minor-league retailers, here and there, under the radar, almost as if they were contraband?

I'm very tempted to order another copy of Minstrel, and the Rarewaves eBay listing does squeak under my previously-stated $35 threshold with tax included, but I'm hesitating. My legacy copy is perfectly functional, just has a cosmetic flaw, so I think I'm gonna hold out to see if this ends up being sold (in a plain brown wrapper, perhaps?) even cheaper eventually.

But congrats to all who have been missing any of these three titles in their library and didn't want to pay extortion-level prices for them on the second-hand market; this is like a lottery win for youse! Here's hoping Stand Up follows soon, for @edisonbaggins' sake.

Back