'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowadays, I only get releases that I know I’ll listen to a lot more than once and I really can’t live without. Plus, I’ve been working some overtime just to pay for these sets that so many, seem to be released, in the Autumn.

I am with you on that. It is really hard to know what to get if you are not familiar with it. QQ will open up so many doors. I have got so many duds based on what others have said. On the otherhand I have been turned on to so much because of surround, last years XTC and Marillion releases I loved even though I never listened to them before. Like you, I stream first to see if I will like or not, the new upcoming surround Moody Blues is an example of two boring for me.

I am with you on that. It is really hard to know what to get if you are not familiar with it. QQ will open up so many doors. I have got so many duds based on what others have said. On the otherhand I have been turned on to so much because of surround, last years XTC and Marillion releases I loved even though I never listened to them before. Like you, I stream first to see if I will like or not, the new upcoming surround Moody Blues is an example of two boring for me.
The Beatles and The Moody Blues are both in my top ten artists of all time and I listen to them a lot. Sure, if I had money to spend more freely, I would probably take a gamble but there are other releases that get good reviews that I just won’t listen to when there are so many other artists that I’d rather listen to. I was (kind of) kicking myself for not getting the Jethro Tull releases but I had to ask myself, how often would I play them when I only like a couple of their albums from start to finish. I’d much rather have a greatest hits or best of set in surround than a bunch of filler I wouldn’t play. On the other hand, I really don’t think there is a bad The Beatles song that I would repeatedly play. Yes, not long ago, I did voice my opinion on their upcoming self titled album that we are discussing here and feel they could have narrowed it down to a single lp record but when I was younger, I loved every single song on it. Age has changed my opinion. I love everything The Moody Blues released (with the exception of Octave) from start to finish up to The Present. The two albums that came after that only had a few songs I liked and the last two were awful.

I’ve loved The Beatles since I had a pacifier in my mouth because they were the first band, along with The Beach Boys, that I’ve heard. I feel, this is what instilled my love for music. :QQlove

I’ve loved The Beatles since I had a pacifier in my mouth because they were the first band, along with The Beach Boys, that I’ve heard. I feel, this is what instilled my love for music. :QQlove

I loved Sam The Sham and the Pharaohs, Hey There Little Red Riding Hood.[/QUOTE]

Oh Markie(doing the Ralphie) what about this one
The Amazon Japan is an invalid address . . . oh well. I'll wait for Amazon US, if only to save on mailing charges!

They might have taken it down or moved it

Because sometimes cdJapan has a different version of the existing set...they will offer SHM-CDs instead of conventional CDs and sometimes the packaging is more elaborate...
Really? I've never encountered that when ordering from Amazon JP, same Japan editions as every other Japan website.
Non-Japanese versions are marked as import & generally more expensive.
My Sgt. Pepper set had SHM-CDs. I believe the Imagine box does as well.
The Japanese editions of these sets almost always have superior packaging etc., than Euro or domestic versions, that's why I buy them and pay a modest premium.
One exception was The Beatles 2009 Mono Masters where all of the sets were produced in Japan

Last edited:
Successfully ordered from Bull Moose. $144.96 with priority shipping. Does anybody know if that will get it to my door on the release date? :)

I don't think you will get it on release day....they will ship it out the day before the release and priority mail usually takes at least 2 days and you live in California..

Really? I've never encountered that when ordering from Amazon JP, same Japan editions as every other Japan website.
Non-Japanese versions are marked as import & generally more expensive.
My Sgt. Pepper set had SHM-CDs. I believe the Imagine box does as well.
The Japanese editions of these sets almost always have superior packaging etc., than Euro or domestic versions, that's why I buy them and pay a modest premium.
One exception was The Beatles 2009 Mono Masters where all of the sets were produced in Japan

They have been doing that for a long time...especially the inclusion of the SHM-CDs replacing the conventional CDs...

I don't think you will get it on release day....they will ship it out the day before the release and priority mail usually takes at least 2 days and you live in California..
Amazon used to get new music releases to me on release date. Unfortunately, I have not seen that in a while now. Last album I ordered (The Pineapple Thief BD) had a release date on Friday, September 7th, but didn’t ship out until the next day and I received it on the next Tuesday. I’m not sure if they do that with new release movies now or not. I’ve been getting most of my new release movies directly from Best Buy.

Amazon used to get new music releases to me on release date. Unfortunately, I have not seen that in a while now. Last album I ordered (The Pineapple Thief BD) had a release date on Friday, September 7th, but didn’t ship out until the next day and I received it on the next Tuesday. I’m not sure if they do that with new release movies now. or, not. I’ve been getting most of my new release movies directly from Best Buy.

They still have that service...well at least they charge you for it...but it doesn't always work that way..

They still have that service...well at least they charge you for it...but it doesn't always work that way..
I’ve been a Prime Member since inception and I’ve never been given the choice. They automatically delivered on release date. I don’t remember exactly when but I think the last time I did get something delivered right on release date was 2, 3 or perhaps, 4 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back