Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone get theirs or tracking info from Rarewaves?
Mine hasn't shipped even though they stated the 17th and no info so far.It's listed as sold out unavailable now on their site.
Stranger still I asked for a new password for my acct via their automated system and never got a reply?
Never dealt with them before,are they just kinda nonchalant about customer service?

Anyone get theirs or tracking info from Rarewaves?
Mine hasn't shipped even though they stated the 17th and no info so far.It's listed as sold out unavailable now on their site.
Stranger still I asked for a new password for my acct via their automated system and never got a reply?
Never dealt with them before,are they just kinda nonchalant about customer service?
Mine is ordered through Rarewaves too and I haven't heard anything yet either from them. I've ordered loads of things from them before and the items have always arrived ok, sometimes even before the release date. So I'm not worried yet, its probably that they have the same delay as others, and haven't updated their site. I had to contact their customer services recently about a fault, and they were really quick with replying and offering compensation.

I am a huge Trower fan, especially when Jimmy Dewar did the vocals, and wow, the 5.1 mix is such a disappointment. The rear channels are pretty much duplication of what's in the front channels. It's not far off from 4 channel stereo of the original mix! I made a DeMix Pro 5.1 version of this album a while ago that blows this out of the water! They increased the volume of the vocals and cleaned them up a bit, but considering all the great remastered albums coming out where they actually added an LFE channel with some guts, like it was being recorded today, this falls completely flat. I haven't listened to the Atmos version of it yet, nor the 2024 stereo remaster, but not expecting miracles here, and not sure I'll rip either. Wow! Not worth the money nor the wait:(.

It's 2 days early !!

Attachments

• 20240518_154656.jpg
    20240518_154656.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Mine is ordered through Rarewaves too and I haven't heard anything yet either from them. I've ordered loads of things from them before and the items have always arrived ok, sometimes even before the release date. So I'm not worried yet, its probably that they have the same delay as others, and haven't updated their site. I had to contact their customer services recently about a fault, and they were really quick with replying and offering compensation.
Thanks for the info but I already cancelled it and got my dinero back
Had a feeling the mix wasn't gonna be that great and have put the bonus moolah back into snagging a copy of Santana Lotus before that becomes unobtanium

Back