SPOTLIGHT The classical music general discussion thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1728338789693.png

Gramophone Award 2024 in the Early Music category. On sale at Presto and 25% discount CODE: GAOTY2024 at Spirit of Turtle.

Any must-have surround recordings on the Chandos sale before everything goes away? I'm not the biggest classical listener and only know the major composers/pieces, but happy to hear any recommendations.

I'm curious about the Shostakovich, though I did see that Hurwitz pan, which makes me a little hesitant to blindly buy them.

Last edited:
So I pulled the trigger on a couple albums, but I didn't get any confirmation emails from Chandos (and I checked the spam folder). Has anyone ordered from Chandos and gotten an order confirmation email?

I ask because I'm having trouble downloading one of the albums (it says it's not available, which is weird).

I don't remember about confirmation emails (or see any). Are you seeing anything like then when you log in?
1729334358114.png

I don't remember about confirmation emails (or see any). Are you seeing anything like then when you log in?
View attachment 110349
I also did not receive emails, but my orders and downloads all show up like this as well. It is a little complex in that downloads that are high res or 5.1 show up as downloads in different tabs for each resolution and for stereo and 5.1. You also need to download their app and use that to do the downloads, after first selecting the albums to download.

Perhaps you should explain more about your difficulty.

Reactions: mkt
Back