The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Favre. A gamer. Not a complainer. Just wanted to win. He played hard and partied hard. Old School NFL type
Of course, he guided the Jets to an 8-3 record, then tore his bicep tendon and the team crashed. However Ricky, I don't feel all that bad knowing that if Favre had signed with the Lions instead of the Jets, he would have torn it during the season opener.

Of course, he guided the Jets to an 8-3 record, then tore his bicep tendon and the team crashed. However Ricky, I don't feel all that bad knowing that if Favre had signed with the Lions instead of the Jets, he would have torn it during the season opener.
with the Lions one injures oneself - season ending injury btw - in the first quarter of the first preseason game

Yeah, but the Rangers essentially 'bought' most of the Edmonton Oilers team back in 1994 to win their last Stanley Cup. Kane is only one guy from the Hawks winning days. They should have bought Toews too.
Yeah they have a history of doing that, but at least in the years leading up to '94 the purchases in combination with some great talent worked.
Toews is awesome, but too injured to move at the moment so poor Chicago is stuck with losing him for nothing this summer.

NFL NHL looks the same. Tailgate chatter. :D
Yeah, but the Rangers essentially 'bought' most of the Edmonton Oilers team back in 1994 to win their last Stanley Cup. Kane is only one guy from the Hawks winning days. They should have bought Toews too.
NEW YORK RANGERS
The Blueshirts had one of the most loaded rosters in the Eastern Conference but had a few bugaboos to sort out. The right wing position was a black hole, with a desperate carousel of Vitali Kravtsov, Sammy Blais, Jimmy Vesey, Kaapo Kakko, Alexis Lafreniere and Barclay Goodrow failing to produce one top-sixer on a team that needed two. Well, with Vladimir Tarasenko and Patrick Kane in town, the problem is solved and then some. With coach Gerard Gallant able to keep the Kid Line of Lafreniere, Filip Chytil and Kaapo Kakko intact as third unit now, there isn’t a deeper team at forward in the NHL, 1 through 9. The Rangers loaded up – and added Niko Mikkola for defensive depth and Tyler Motte for fourth-line smasher duty too – without giving up any top prospects. They used up a first-round pick on Tarasenko but could afford it since they have Dallas’ first-rounder from the Nils Lundkvist trade. They capitalized on having a ton of leverage over Chicago and didn’t even surrender an official first-rounder for Kane. That only happens if the Blueshirts make the Eastern Conference Final, a tradeoff they’d gladly take. It was a monstrously successful deadline season for GM Chris Drury.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
If you’re a jaded Leaf fan who has endured year after year of heartbreak, you have permission to let the demonic voice in for just a minute. You still have to play Tampa Bay again. Boston loaded up. So did a bunch of other teams in the East. It’s entirely possible you lose in the first round again even if you’re a top-five team in the NHL. OK. Now shake it off and acknowledge that GM Kyle Dubas shot his shot like a wild man this winter. Toronto has six new regular skaters in its starting lineup: Ryan O’Reilly, Noel Acciari, Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, Erik Gustafsson and Luke Schenn. This team didn’t need any more skill. It needed heaviness and jam from players who weren’t marginal NHLers that would be healthy scratched come playoff time. I’m surprised to see Toronto emerge from the deadline with 10 NHL defensemen in the system, but, heck, this team will not have to worry about injuries when it’s time to go to war. Maybe it all blows up in the Leafs’ face, but they understood the need for urgency, especially with Dubas’ contract set to expire. It was a shock to see them sacrifice Rasmus Sandin in the Gustafsson deal, but they emerged from the deadline a much better team – while not trading top prospect Matthew Knies and also nabbing Boston’s first-round pick from the Caps.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/t...join-new-jersey-devils-after-ncaa-season-ends

Hey, I just heard qb Carr went to the Saints. That means there's still hope, AR Surround, for the Jets to get Rodgers.
I think Two #1 picks & a #2 pick will do it! I hope I'm not being too greedy🤗

the problem is that his value has decreased quite biggly. the facts - late 30s in age and w/ other issues. and his contract
one 1st round and a third round. tops

what did I just hear about Brady and Miami ? Say it aint so..................

Ricky, you are right his value has dropped. D. Adams, in his prime, went to Raiders last year for a #1 & #2.
You may very well be correct about getting only a #1 & #3. I'd still take it!

Brady/ Miami?..... He just can't give it up!

Ps. biggly isn't a word😄..but I know what you meant!
the problem is that his value has decreased quite biggly. the facts - late 30s in age and w/ other issues. and his contract

Last edited:

Like I said when he announced his retirement, I will believe it when he is still retired in June.

Hey, I just heard qb Carr went to the Saints. That means there's still hope, AR Surround, for the Jets to get Rodgers.
I think Two #1 picks & a #2 pick will do it! I hope I'm not being too greedy🤗
Do you really think AR is the answer to all the Jets' problems? I don't see him being anything but a patch. He might get you in the playoffs but I don't see him as a guarantee to the SB. Two years later you will be back to needing a QB. Any idea how he fits in with the Jets' salary cap? Will they have a problem if they sign him?

Just heard that Lamar got the non-exclusive franchise tag. I think that's great for the Ravens. If some team is willing to pay him some ridiculous amount, let them. I think the Browns are going to regret the Watson deal and I don't want the Ravens to do the same thing. I heard that the Browns now have the highest payroll in the NFL and, as far as I am concerned, they still aren't the favorites to make it to the SB. As for Lamar, he has some great stats and he is a great athlete, but in 5 years he has won 1 playoff game and that is the stat the keeps me hesitant to sell the farm to keep him.

It sounds like there won't be a Thursday night game on Thanksgiving then (just the traditional games hosted by Dallas and Detroit). I think I'd choose the extra game on Thanksgiving versus the game on Friday. I imagine the Thanksgiving games will start later if there are only two of them (2:30 and 6:30, instead of 12:30 and 4:30).

Dear Lord
there are high expectations with me - and throughout the USA - for a successful Detroit Lions 2023 / 2024 NFL season. Please, Dear Lord,
watch over this team, bless them with injury free and error free games and provide the strength and courage for a Thanksgiving Day victory

Back