The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wel, at least his ACL is ok:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ured-in-closing-seconds-vs-eagles/ar-AA1qaD1y

And, at least, he lasted longer than Rodgers did!
I shouldn't laugh Sonik but I thought the same thing. I was talking to my neighbor today about the J. Love injury, he said knee & that he's getting a MRI.🤕 ....At first, I thought it was a crimp but then he didn't get up... If he's hurt, there goes the season👇
FWIW, the double team tackle where he got hurt, I thought that was illegal?
The back up qb , Willis, didn't do much. There was talk of him not being activated as the backup. On the last play he could have at least heaved it up rather than taking a sack.😟
Based on the way GB handles injuries, I see Love missing 1 or 2 games regardless.
Those games are Colts & Titans..
Hey, thanks Cbmmm3. Ricky, your concern seemed genuine...but then again, you're so jacked-up, who can tell? LOL😂

Last edited:
I shouldn't laugh Sonik but I thought the same thing. I was talking to my neighbor today about the J. Love injury, he said knee & that he's getting a MRI.🤕 ....At first, I thought it was a crimp but then he didn't get up... If he's hurt, there goes the season👇
The back up qb , Willis, didn't do much. There was talk of him not being activated as the backup. On the last play he could have at least heaved it up rather than taking a sack.😟
Based on the way GB handles injuries, I see Love missing 1 or 2 games regardless.
Those games are Colts & Titans..
Hey, thanks Cbmmm3. Ricky your concern seemed genuine...but then again, you're so jacked-up, who can tell?
Bobby
I want healthy Love for our 2 games this year

For the Green Bay Packers, the best thing they could say on Saturday is the news could have been worse. Quarterback Jordan Love has a sprained MCL in his left knee. At least it's not a season-ending ACL injury. But that doesn't mean all is well either.

Love is expected to miss some time, according to reports. NFL Media's Tom Pelissero reported the initial timetable is 3-6 weeks for Love's return, though it could be earlier than that. No matter how much time Love misses, it's hard to view the Packers quarterback missing any games in a very tough NFC North — or playing through a tough injury — as positive news.

Green Bay is 0-1 and their best-case scenario is their quarterback returns relatively soon, likely before he's fully healed, and when he does get back they're not too far behind everyone else in the NFC.

For the Green Bay Packers, the best thing they could say on Saturday is the news could have been worse. Quarterback Jordan Love has a sprained MCL in his left knee. At least it's not a season-ending ACL injury. But that doesn't mean all is well either.

Love is expected to miss some time, according to reports. NFL Media's Tom Pelissero reported the initial timetable is 3-6 weeks for Love's return, though it could be earlier than that. No matter how much time Love misses, it's hard to view the Packers quarterback missing any games in a very tough NFC North — or playing through a tough injury — as positive news.

Green Bay is 0-1 and their best-case scenario is their quarterback returns relatively soon, likely before he's fully healed, and when he does get back they're not too far behind everyone else in the NFC.
It's not good news but it might not be an end to the hopes in their division...even if it goes the full 6 weeks...there is only one divisional game in that span. the schedule is COLTS..TITANS.. VIKINGS. RAMS...CARDINALS...AND TEXANS......I think the Vikings are the worst team in that division...the pivotal games are the the 4 with the Lions and Bears...not an easy task....but there is a chance....and what happened to the Packers....could happen to the Bears and Lions....

It's not good news but it might not be an end to the hopes in their division...even if it goes the full 6 weeks...there is only one divisional game in that span. the schedule is COLTS..TITANS.. VIKINGS. RAMS...CARDINALS...AND TEXANS......I think the Vikings are the worst team in that division...the pivotal games are the the 4 with the Lions and Bears...not an easy task....but there is a chance....and what happened to the Packers....could happen to the Bears and Lions....
Clint, I agree. It's not the worst news. Love is a young player & hopefully he heals fast. On the play he got hurt, in real time, I didn't see his knee/leg/ankle bend or flex much.
But in some of the later analogies I did see his knee flex a bit. It's a brutal game & anyone can get hurt at anytime!
I can't really blame it an the slippery field there since he sort of got sandwiched high & low on the play.
But in hindsight, I wished he would have bailed out of the pocket like Rodgers tended to do in those situations.
GB might be fortunate to be 2-4 after 6 games....😟 Ricky, you don't want a cakewalk in the NFC north right? Iron sharpens iron......
Looking forward to the many good games on today.........

Last edited:
RickyPicks is in the house !! Well sorta ---here in body but the rest is in the clouds....came in reeking of doobies. Ran over to our snack area and devoured a bag of Doritos !
So Im typing his predictions for today and tomorrow's games -

First up - the Monday game. Will the Jets be contenders or pretenders ? Some beat writers say they are contenders, And for our own suffering AR, we hope they are. But they have Mr Drama Queen and a lack of cohesion. On the other side , will CM play in this game ? If he does not - it wont matter - MarkieNiners by 13. The over / under on Aaron injury is 3 quarters.

Steelers versus Falcons - What can Captain Kirk do ? We shall see. A close good game. Atlanta by 3

Cardinals versus Bills - Not even close. Bills by 14. No jinx. Yet.

Tennessee versus Da Bears. At Soldier Field. Great weather, great atmosphere . Re-energized Bears. Fun game --Bears by 4

Oilers versus Colts. CJ and that former Bills receiver. Oilers win big

CowGirls at the Browns. Whatch gonna do about Cleveland ? Whatch gonna do about Rock n Roll ? GO BROWNIES !! We want the Browns to kill the girls. Can they ? In an upset - Browns by 1

Denver versus SeaTurds. New coach for Seattle. Hmmm....this one is a toss up. Denver for the win. OT perhaps ?

Detroit Lions versus Staffords Rams. A rematch of last years playoff. This game is a lot of danger for the Lions. If Stafford is hot - look out. He has a healthy Pewker and a healthy Athletic Kupp. And revenge is a bitter pill. This will be a dog fight. Jared did not play in preseason and now has a huge bankroll too.
Will he be the Gamer that we think he is ? Lions by 2. Go for the win Dan - always

Enjoy the games. Fun times are here

Clint, I agree. It's not the worst news. Love is a young player & hopefully he heals fast. On the play he got hurt, in real time, I didn't see his knee/leg/ankle bend or flex much.
But in some of the later analogies I did see his knee flex a bit. It's a brutal game & anyone can get hurt at anytime!
I can't really blame it an the slippery field there since he sort of got sandwiched high & low on the play.
But in hindsight, I wished he would have bailed out of the pocket like Rodgers tended to do in those situations.
GB might be fortunate to be 2-4 after 6 games....😟 Ricky, you don't want a cakewalk in the NFC north right? Iron sharpens iron......
Looking forward to the many good games on today.........
They have 17 games in the NFL...even with a 2-4 start....they aren't out of it....just saying...

RickyPicks is in the house !! Well sorta ---here in body but the rest is in the clouds....came in reeking of doobies. Ran over to our snack area and devoured a bag of Doritos !
So Im typing his predictions for today and tomorrow's games -

First up - the Monday game. Will the Jets be contenders or pretenders ? Some beat writers say they are contenders, And for our own suffering AR, we hope they are. But they have Mr Drama Queen and a lack of cohesion. On the other side , will CM play in this game ? If he does not - it wont matter - MarkieNiners by 13. The over / under on Aaron injury is 3 quarters.

Steelers versus Falcons - What can Captain Kirk do ? We shall see. A close good game. Atlanta by 3

Cardinals versus Bills - Not even close. Bills by 14. No jinx. Yet.

Tennessee versus Da Bears. At Soldier Field. Great weather, great atmosphere . Re-energized Bears. Fun game --Bears by 4

Oilers versus Colts. CJ and that former Bills receiver. Oilers win big

CowGirls at the Browns. Whatch gonna do about Cleveland ? Whatch gonna do about Rock n Roll ? GO BROWNIES !! We want the Browns to kill the girls. Can they ? In an upset - Browns by 1

Denver versus SeaTurds. New coach for Seattle. Hmmm....this one is a toss up. Denver for the win. OT perhaps ?

Detroit Lions versus Staffords Rams. A rematch of last years playoff. This game is a lot of danger for the Lions. If Stafford is hot - look out. He has a healthy Pewker and a healthy Athletic Kupp. And revenge is a bitter pill. This will be a dog fight. Jared did not play in preseason and now has a huge bankroll too.
Will he be the Gamer that we think he is ? Lions by 2. Go for the win Dan - always

Enjoy the games. Fun times are here
As much as I'd love to see the Cowboys lose....the Browns have key injuries on the O-line and Disgrace Watson hasn't looked like an NFL QB since the Browns got him...the Browns defense is the only hope...

I think the Seahawks might be a sleeper team this year...their new coach is a defensive Jedi...I think Bo Nix will get a reality shot when he isn't facing the vanilla defenses in the pre season..

Suffering? I am not suffering. I expect something to go wrong, but not before giving the other team and its fans heart attacks.

As for the over/under on Rodgers, I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy. I mean, if he lasts 8 plays that's a 100% improvement over last season.

And RickyPicks, you are most certainly going to put all those talking heads on ESPN etc out of business with your expert analyses.

And @Willie Wilson , as far as the CowChips vs Browns today, I will be rooting for the Browns with all my heart.

As much as I'd love to see the Cowboys lose....the Browns have key injuries on the O-line and Disgrace Watson hasn't looked like an NFL QB since the Browns got him...the Browns defense is the only hope...

I think the Seahawks might be a sleeper team this year...their new coach is a defensive Jedi...I think Bo Nix will get a reality shot when he isn't facing the vanilla defenses in the pre season..
This is when the Browns become dangerous. Just when you think you know, you don’t. Hence my advice to never lay a bet on them. Truthfully, I don’t know what to think of either team. Plenty of baggage to go around. Hoping that Dak is dreaming of his newly enlarged bank account only to see Myles Garrett in his facemask.

Last edited:
Back