The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toronto Bills will not happen in our lifetime. An expansion team for Toronto..... maybe.... someday
😇Cool enough. 🍩🍪🍿🥜🍬🍮🏈

Which NFL Team Should You Support as an Ontarian? | YGK News - Your Kingston, Your News
April 22, 2024

For sports fans in Ontario, the lure of American football is undeniable. While Canada has its own gridiron traditions such as the CFL – a tournament in which the Toronto Argonauts have thrived in recent years – the spectacle and grandeur of the NFL is sometimes too appealing to ignore. However, choosing which team to support can be a somewhat arduous task. Fear not, as we are here to help you out, and with five months to go until the new season kicks off, it’s time to pick your colours now.

Buffalo Bills​

The Buffalo Bills are the closest team to Ontario, making them a logical choice for fans in the region. Located just across the Niagara River, the New York State side has a strong following in Southern Ontario. They have historically made efforts to reach out to their Canadian fan base, including playing several regular-season games in Toronto as part of the “Bills Toronto Series”. And if that wasn’t enough Buffalo and Ontario share more than just a border; they share a weather-hardened spirit.
Now is the perfect time to jump on the Bills Mafia bandwagon. Last season, they topped the AFC East for the fourth straight year and websites offering football betting online made them a genuine Super Bowl contender. Ultimately that didn’t come to pass, being eliminated by the eventual champion Chiefs – on home turf no less – for the third time in four years. Next season, they will be hoping to end their Patrick Mahomes hoodoo and progress to the Big Game.
The Highmark outfit has never lifted the Lombardi, but with Josh Allen under centre at present, anything is possible. They remain the only team in history to reach four straight Super Bowls, a feat they achieved in the early 1990s however, inexplicably, they lost all four. Now, with their quarterback ace firing on all cylinders, they have become one of the true powerhouses in the AFC.

Detroit Lions​

The Detroit Lions are another team within close proximity to Ontario, specifically the Windsor area. The geographical closeness fosters a sense of connection and makes attending games a convenient option for fans. The Detroit-Windsor Tunnel and Ambassador Bridge serve not just as trade arteries but also as conduits for sports fandom, with many Ontarians crossing over to catch a game.
The Lions have a storied past, including four NFL championships, though their most recent was in 1957. Last season, however, they announced their return to the upper echelons of the league at long last. They topped the NFC North for the first time in history, before defeating the Los Angeles Rams in the wildcard round of the playoffs to secure their first postseason victory in 32 years. And they weren’t done there.
They then knocked off the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to punch their ticket to the conference championships, and only a miraculous Brock Purdy-inspired second-half comeback from the San Francisco 49ers stopped them from reaching the Super Bowl for the first time ever. Next season, they will be among to build on their progress in 2023 and you too can cheer them on and be a part of it.

That Washington rookie QB was unreal! Never saw him play in college. Reminded me a bit of RG3 with his running. He's not that big of a guy. If he keeps that up he'll have a short career. But does he have a great touch on his passes ! Wow.... Makes me wonder if the Bears picked the wrong guy?🤔
All I'll say is it wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened.
That was a very entertaining MNF game! Loved the TD pass to the Redskins, that's right, Redskins o-lineman & his 'dance' afterwards😄
Cinny couldn't get a break in that game! 0-3

it was painful to watch the Michigan offense in the 2nd half. PAINFUL. If ever a team needed a legit QB --its Michigan
Ricky, I thought you said earlier they were going have sort of a down year? They appear to be pretty good to me!
I believe WI has to play USC this week.. thanks for getting them so pissed off!

Ricky, I thought you said earlier they were going have sort of a down year? They appear to be pretty good to me!
I believe WI has to play USC this week.. thanks for getting them so pissed off!
Bobby - they have a ton of talent but lack a high powered versatile quarterback. If they had That QB - they would be top 3 in the nation. The current starting QB does not know how to pass ---Im serious here. They got their asses handed to them by Texas, struggled in the season opener and were saved by a powerhouse running back against USC. Oh well - none of this matters - what Does matter is November 30th

When the lost continent of Atlantis is discovered, they will get an NFL franchise, the Atlantis Poseidons.
The NFL doesn't leave money on the table. Toronto is a huge market. 3 million people in the greater metro area alone. It's the 4th largest city in North America. Only Mexico City, New York and LA are larger. Toronto fans tend to be very well off and they are sports fanatics. The league is already seriously looking into expansion in Europe. With the amount of money involved they won't overlook Toronto when expansion time rolls around.

That Washington rookie QB was unreal! Never saw him play in college. Reminded me a bit of RG3 with his running. He's not that big of a guy. If he keeps that up he'll have a short career. But does he have a great touch on his passes ! Wow.... Makes me wonder if the Bears picked the wrong guy?🤔
All I'll say is it wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened.
That was a very entertaining MNF game! Loved the TD pass to the Redskins, that's right, Redskins o-lineman & his 'dance' afterwards😄
Cinny couldn't get a break in that game! 0-3
The baby faced Jayden Daniels played 5 years in college, 3 at Arizona State and 2 at LSU.....he started 55 games,. plenty of experience. He doesn't look like the typical NFL QB when he moves around in the pocket...it's his stature....he is 6'4 but only 210lbs but when you see him throw his accuracy is outstanding...it's too early to tell what Caleb Williams will become...he is one of those "anointed" players to have been given the "generational" tag....of course Trevor Lawrence was a "generational" talent as well....NFL evaluation of players is mediocre at best...just look at the drafts..

it's too early to tell what Caleb Williams will become...he is one of those "anointed" players to have been given the "generational" tag....of course Trevor Lawrence was a "generational" talent as well....NFL evaluation of players is mediocre at best...just look at the drafts..

Then you get guys like Geno Smith and Sam Darnold who seem to need years under their belts to establish themselves. It's a position where you have to be Superman. Really, I think that this current policy of throwing rookie QBs to the wolves on day 1 actually stunts their development...but money talks.

(Glad to see that you have gone back to using "..." in your posts, Clinty.)

Old news:
A Postmedia survey of NFL teams situated closest to the border reveals that Canadians, in aggregate, have purchased more than 13,000 season tickets from the following teams: Buffalo Bills (about 8,000 tickets), Seattle Seahawks (3,100 tickets by 1,100 buyers), Detroit Lions (1,314 by 411 buyers), Cleveland ...Jun 26, 2020

But which Canadian city is buying more tickets? The answer may surprise you.

You may think Toronto has the best sales in the country being close to the Buffalo Bills, or perhaps it’s Vancouver’s fans making the three-hour drive to catch a Seahawks game most often.

But it’s actually Calgary leading the way with the most ticket sales in the country.

According to StubHub, the city has twice the amount of sales than second-place Toronto. Edmonton, Vancouver, and Montreal wrapped up the top four.

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2019/08/24/can-you-guess-which-canadian-city-buys-the-most-nfl-tickets/

183274271_10159110143640659_2546650754976502934_n.jpg

:whistle:

Then you get guys like Geno Smith and Sam Darnold who seem to need years under their belts to establish themselves. It's a position where you have to be Superman. Really, I think that this current policy of throwing rookie QBs to the wolves on day 1 actually stunts their development...but money talks.

(Glad to see that you have gone back to using "..." in your posts, Clinty.)
,Most of the time....the highly drafted QB goes to the worst team...that is true of other skill positions...the saying is that it's not how high you are drafted...its is who drafts you...the NFL is responsible for most of these problems...they caved in and started giving too much guaranteed money in these contracts which triggered increasing the salary cap...of course the Browns accelerated the process by giving a dirtbag an insane amount of money...now the toothpaste is out of the tube and you can't put on the brakes...so the bad team that drafts a QB that intends to sit him and let him learn starts losing and the pressure mounts to put the rookie in...so he plays and gets battered and loses his confidence...lot's of Hall of Fame QB's had horrible rookie years...but keep in mind that in those days...highly drafted QB's got a LOT of money and they couldn't get rid of them...

Getting back to the lack of accurate evaluation by NFL teams....Brock Purdy was making $900k and Caleb Williams had already made $12million in college...mainly due to Wendy's endorsements. How could every other team...besides the Niners...pass on Purdy....and the Niners waited until the last pick to draft him....

I tried the proper punctuation route...it just stops the flow when I type:)

Old news:
A Postmedia survey of NFL teams situated closest to the border reveals that Canadians, in aggregate, have purchased more than 13,000 season tickets from the following teams: Buffalo Bills (about 8,000 tickets), Seattle Seahawks (3,100 tickets by 1,100 buyers), Detroit Lions (1,314 by 411 buyers), Cleveland ...Jun 26, 2020

But which Canadian city is buying more tickets? The answer may surprise you.

You may think Toronto has the best sales in the country being close to the Buffalo Bills, or perhaps it’s Vancouver’s fans making the three-hour drive to catch a Seahawks game most often.

But it’s actually Calgary leading the way with the most ticket sales in the country.

According to StubHub, the city has twice the amount of sales than second-place Toronto. Edmonton, Vancouver, and Montreal wrapped up the top four.

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2019/08/24/can-you-guess-which-canadian-city-buys-the-most-nfl-tickets/
Ok...has anyone warned you about the dangers of too much caffeine?

Back