The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Decaf coffee is like non-alcoholic beer. 😏 😉
I agree on the beer but I drink decaf and love it. Most days I can make my own mix of half-caf with my Keurig and I can go 1/4 or 1/3 caffeine too. I’m sensitive to caffeine so I can better control it in this way. Or, have no caffeine. Cofffee doesn’t change it’s flavor because it’s decaffeinated. If it does, that person is drinking the wrong coffee brand.

I agree on the beer but I drink decaf and love it. Most days I can make my own mix of half-caf with my Keurig and I can go 1/4 or 1/3 caffeine too. I’m sensitive to caffeine so I can better control it in this way. Or, have no caffeine. Cofffee doesn’t change it’s flavor because it’s decaffeinated. If it does, that person is drinking the wrong coffee brand.
Yeah, I might have to go to decaf some day, but I hope I never have to. I grind beans every morning to make two cups of dark roast. :coffee:🤤

An interesting Double IPA from Stone to celebrate their 27th Anni. This double IPA is brewed with Peacharine and Riwaka hops
and a special ingredient called Phantasm – an extract from sauvignon blanc grape skins – all sourced
from New Zealand. Combined with some good old-fashioned Mosaic hops from the US and an amped-up grain bill,
Quite tasty at 9.6 ABV and 43 IBUs. Ill go an 8.6 on a 10 scale

stone27lemon.jpg

Their Stout For Joy sounds interesting if it isn't too sweet

Chocolate-coconut-almond candy bar milk stout. This experimental and innovative sweet session stout was concocted with hand-roasted cocoa beans, flaked coconut, almond, milk sugar, and a little bit of madness. 4.2% ABV

Their Stout For Joy sounds interesting if it isn't too sweet

Chocolate-coconut-almond candy bar milk stout. This experimental and innovative sweet session stout was concocted with hand-roasted cocoa beans, flaked coconut, almond, milk sugar, and a little bit of madness. 4.2% ABV

My wife had that, and I tried hers. Very, very good. Not too sweet at all. In retrospect, I probably should have been drinking those....but I would have probably drank 8...so.

Hadn't had any alcohol for 10 days, yesterday wife and I went to local brewery called Artesia. I had 4 stouts at 10.5%. Had a rare headache this morning. Ugh.
I was well into my 30's before I realized how good you feel today is sometimes inversely proportional to how good you felt the night before.

Oh,and, how's your port & sherry research coming along?

1. Romania

Alcohol Consumption per Capita: 16.99 liters

Men in Romania are the heaviest drinkers in the world, with a per capita consumption of 27.3 liters of pure alcohol in 2019, or an average of 8.2 drinks per day. The most consumed alcoholic beverage in the Eastern European nation is beer, preferred by one third of the consumers. However, the market for spirited drinks has exploded and reached around $800 million in the country.

Romania is not only the Drunkest Country in Europe but also the Country with the Highest Alcohol Consumption per Capita in the World.

Back