Steven Wilson The Who - Who Are You (Steven Wilson Atmos Mix forthcoming!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s coming! New immersive mix, by Steven Wilson.

:51QQ

Confirmed by Pete himself in an interview over at SDE.
He never did mince his words did dear Pete Townshend.
Fascinating interview with Paul.
And we are getting another Who release in Atmos....sometimes I have to pinch myself with all that is going on in this hobby of ours...it's just fantastic. :SB

Last edited:
I take great exception to releasing a new Who Are You in surround before we get Who By Numbers. 🧐
I like The Who By Numbers more, but Who Are You has got that mega title song made even more famous by CSI. So yes, now that you’ve wrapped up Who Are You, get to work on The Who By Numbers…please Mr. Wilson.

Any chance this won't be locked in a big box? Probably not

Any chance this won't be locked in a big box? Probably not

I would guess that it will come in a box. However, I doubt that they would put out a mega-box like they did with Who's Next. Who Are You simply isn't as highly regarded. Also, as Moon passed away just weeks after the album's release, the band did not tour to promote the album so there wouldn't be any live material to pad out a box set. There also isn't the amount of extraneous non-LP singles from the era like there was with Who's Next. So, while a Who Are You reissue might contain some additional material like Pete's demos, I don't think that there's enough relevant material to make for a box the size of Who's Next.

This news made me actually listen to this full album today for the first time. Some decent songs on it but definitely not a Who classic (apart from the title track, of course). I’m sure Steven’s surround mix will breathe new life into the songs, and I will pick it up for the right price.

Pete said he got hate mail for putting "Love is Coming Down" on a Who album, but I really love that one. "Music Must Change" was never a highlight of the album for me, but when they went on the road without Moon for the first time the following year it was a show stopper. They'd really stretch out on it.

Back