Thin Lizzy "1976" (SDE exclusive Blu-Ray with surround mixes of "Jailbreak" and Johnny the Fox")

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Splinter7, you are all over it. I have lived in the CLE for most of my life and fondly recall the Monday Night at the Agora series. Taped many of them live, beginning on 8-track, and attended many in person. Like you, I may have this somewhere in questionable fidelity.

Research indicates this is likely the April 19 date with the Sutherland Brothers as opening act.

There is soooo much history connected to the Agora, we could start a thread that would demonstrate the undeniable connection and impact that WMMS and its audience had on 70s rock. If there is interest, let me know.

Happy to see some local roots on the forum!

That might be a crazy fun thread given all the industry type connections in this group.
Cleveland was truly influential to the music industry back in the 70's, 80's 90's. It was the Midwest connecting piece between the east coast onto Chicago & then West Coast.

WMMS and the Agora are key players but you need to ad the influence of Belkin Productions into that equation. They were much loved by the touring industry and the bands themselves back in the day. Rush gave the Belkins & WMMS a callout in the liner notes of the first album.

Thanks to Mike & Jules Belkin for their early belief.

With Special Thanks to Donna Halper of WMMS in Cleveland for getting the ball rolling

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

1723143744242.png

Kinda surprised how no ones mentioned about how the 2024 Stereo and Instrumental mixes are 48k while the remaster is 96k.

Either the original Multitracks got lost and only a digital 48k back up was available or its a downmix of the atmos mix

Last edited:
View attachment 108289
Kinda surprised how no ones mentioned about how the 2024 Stereo and Instrumental mixes are 48k while the remaster is 96k.

Either the original Multitracks got lost and only a digital 48k back up was available or its a downmix of the atmos mix
Hopefully that's because the Instrumentals are in Atmos.

SDE is very explicit on what you get.
However I do find the verbage from Thin Lizzy Store a tiny bit confusing the way they write it on there web page. It makes me feel not exactly sure what I am getting whereas SDE there is no doubt.

Blu-Ray Thin Lizzy Store​

1. Jailbreak - ATMOS Mix
  2. Jailbreak
  3. Angel From the Coast
  4. Running Back
  5. Romeo And the Lonely Girl
  6. Warriors
  7. The Boys Are Back in Town
  8. Fight Or Fall
  9. Cowboy Song
  10. Emerald
  11. Jailbreak - New Stereo Mix
  12. Jailbreak
  13. Angel From the Coast
  14. Running Back
  15. Romeo And the Lonely Girl
  16. Warriors
  17. The Boys Are Back in Town
  18. Fight Or Fall
  19. Cowboy Song
  20. Emerald
  21. Johnny The Fox- ATMOS Mix
  22. Johnny
  23. Rocky
  24. Borderline
  25. Don't Believe a Word
  26. Fool's Gold
  27. Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed
  28. Old Flame
  29. Massacre
  30. Sweet Marie
  31. Boogie Woogie Dance
  32. Johnny The Fox- New Stereo Mix
  33. Johnny
  34. Rocky
  35. Borderline
  36. Don't Believe a Word
  37. Fool's Gold
  38. Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed
  39. Old Flame
  40. Massacre
  41. Sweet Marie
  42. Boogie Woogie Dance

I love these albums, though '77s Bad Reputation is probably my favourite. The crazy thing is I saw them some time back at home in St. Albans in '76-77 during my Uni holidays (I was on the guest list :)) and a only a handful of people turned up to see them at the Civic Hall, now the Alban Arena (capacity then about 900-1000). A couple of years later and they were selling out everywhere after Live & Dangerous came out.

That might be a crazy fun thread given all the industry type connections in this group.
Cleveland was truly influential to the music industry back in the 70's, 80's 90's. It was the Midwest connecting piece between the east coast onto Chicago & then West Coast.

WMMS and the Agora are key players but you need to ad the influence of Belkin Productions into that equation. They were much loved by the touring industry and the bands themselves back in the day. Rush gave the Belkins & WMMS a callout in the liner notes of the first album.

Thanks to Mike & Jules Belkin for their early belief.

With Special Thanks to Donna Halper of WMMS in Cleveland for getting the ball rolling

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

Interesting that Agora Concert content , for the mid seventies , and then some.
From my research with FM matrix quad (via Billboard magazine ) into the Agora and WMMS , all the Agora acts were mixed in quadraphonic for broadcast over WMMS in SQ encoded quad.
So provided the Concert comes from the broadcast over WMMS Cleveland it should be SQ encoded.
That would make the Concert CD a quad bonus.

Note to SDE -- (if you are listening . . . Russia, too, I suppose). I'm an English major, so please excuse me. Your confirmation says this:

Order details:1x EXCLUSIVE: Thin Lizzy / 1976: Jailbreak and Johnny the Fox blu-ray audio for £25.00 each
Subtotal : £25.00 GBP Shipping : £8.00 GBP Total : £33.00 GBP

At first I thought that would be 50 pounds total for the two :oops: but yea, I'm too literal. 25 pounds is QUITE the bargain!!! THANKS!!!

Last edited:
Back