Steven Wilson Ultravox Lament remix forthcoming! (SDE-exclusive Blu-Ray & 7CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
IMG_1576.jpeg

Release date should be August 23, Amazon pre-orders about to go live:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0D7WSBFLK

Product description​

40th Anniversary Edition of Ultravox's Lament album, originally released in April 1984, followed 3 successful albums with Midge Ure on vocals, along with two full world tours. Produced by the band themselves in the later half of 1983.The album includes the album includes the worldwide hit Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, along with One Small Day and the title track Lament.
This new 72 track Deluxe Edition box set pulls together a newly remastered version of the album, all the single versions, b-sides, 12" remixes and rarities, along with 45 previously unreleased tracks, including a brand new 1980s style extended remix of every track on the album by Moby, Steve Wilson and Blank & Jones and Midge Ure, new 5.1 and Stereo mixes by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree), newly mixed full concert from Hammersmith Odeon 1984, and a handful of work in progress mixes.
Format: Limited Edition pressing of 5,000 units worldwide, 12" sized Box Set with 8 Discs (7CD/1DVD), a 20 page booklet, featuring an 8,000 word interview conducted by John Earls (Classic Pop), a reproduction tour programme and previously unseen photographs.
UV.jpg

Reminds me I still need to order those other 3 Ultravox deluxe editions… they just haven’t been on my radar because I’ve not heard the albums and there’s so many surround releases coming out now 💸 💸💸

It’s great they can offer so much for under $100. Normally, I’ve ordered the first two box sets from Amazon and Quartet from Burning Shed because the price was right and was delivered faster. I placed an order with Amazon for Lament, but I’m curious to see what Burning Shed has to offer, including if it’ll get released sooner on the other side of the pond.

I may have to pull the trigger on this one since it's my second favorite by Ultravox (after Vienna), and skipped the last 2, but I struggle to see the value. I mean, do I really want 7 cds to get a dvd with 5.1 and hi-res stereo remixes for this album - and for $80 - $90? For example, according to a couple of sites that listed the contents, the song One Small Day appears 16 times across these discs, White China appears 12 times. How often will I actually listen to and compare all these tracks, and will any of the various alternate versions, mixes etc. supplant the original in 5.1 or hi-res? I know I'm tilting at windmills, and no one is forcing me to buy anything, but sometimes the difference in value for money between sets like these and the SDE standalone blu-rays, or the JT cd/dvd book sets is stark.

I may have to pull the trigger on this one since it's my second favorite by Ultravox (after Vienna), and skipped the last 2, but I struggle to see the value. I mean, do I really want 7 cds to get a dvd with 5.1 and hi-res stereo remixes for this album - and for $80 - $90? For example, according to a couple of sites that listed the contents, the song One Small Day appears 16 times across these discs, White China appears 12 times. How often will I actually listen to and compare all these tracks, and will any of the various alternate versions, mixes etc. supplant the original in 5.1 or hi-res? I know I'm tilting at windmills, and no one is forcing me to buy anything, but sometimes the difference in value for money between sets like these and the SDE standalone blu-rays, or the JT cd/dvd book sets is stark.

Yes, you do. lol

Back