What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supertramp - Breakfast In America (UHQ-CD Japan)

1565397988573.jpeg

Totally agree with Linda. Crime of the Century was exemplary quality on original LP. 96/24 Blu-Ray is leaps and bounds ahead of that or CD.

I've owned Crime on LP (promo w/Mobile), MoFi 1/2 speed LP, Japan CD, UK CD (in 10 CD albums A&M box set), MoFi Gold CD & Blu-Ray-A.

I've owned Breakfast on LP, A&M Canada 1/2 speed LP, MoFi 1/2 speed LP, Japan CD, UK CD (in 10 CD albums A&M box set), MoFi Gold CD & Blu-Ray-A.

IMHO, the Mofi 1/2 speed LP's are the best analog versions of this title. The BD-A's are the best sounding digital versions.

Yes, Sonic Wiz, I agree that the original LP release sounded very good. I was awed at the music & dynamics when I first heard it.

In '78, my store was the only Pacific Stereo location in the midwest (IL, WI, GA, TX) region that was franchised for Kenwood Pro. We had dual 500w rms mono bloc amps and a concrete base turntable w/Ortofon MC 20 in our high end room. People's jaws dropped when we demoed with Crime on 1/2 speed MoFi LP.

Chase (1st LP) 2ch I bought theis as a new release before the Quad even came out. I've popped for this on 2ch LP (x2), SQ, Q8, Japan CD & Vocalion surround SACD

The Best of Third World Columbia US CD

Rare Rock Tracks (11 previously unreleased tracks) in '99. CDSeveral have since been released as bonus tracks or on previously unreleased live albums:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rar...ously-Unreleased-Performances/release/3282076

Well i was just given a gift of 4 cds...guy who had them was gonna throw them away in the trash! :( some f**king people makes me 😠

Got Aerosmith permanent vacation from 1987 ...sounds great/not compressed!

Jefferson Starship Gold 1991 SEALED

Sarah McLachlan Mirrorball SEALED
Sarah McLachlan Solace SEALED

I can't believe he was gonna throw away in the trash!

Price to me FREE

I've owned Crime on LP (promo w/Mobile), MoFi 1/2 speed LP, Japan CD, UK CD (in 10 CD albums A&M box set), MoFi Gold CD & Blu-Ray-A.

I've owned Breakfast on LP, A&M Canada 1/2 speed LP, MoFi 1/2 speed LP, Japan CD, UK CD (in 10 CD albums A&M box set), MoFi Gold CD & Blu-Ray-A.

IMHO, the Mofi 1/2 speed LP's are the best analog versions of this title. The BD-A's are the best sounding digital versions.

Yes, Sonic Wiz, I agree that the original LP release sounded very good. I was awed at the music & dynamics when I first heard it.

In '78, my store was the only Pacific Stereo location in the midwest (IL, WI, GA, TX) region that was franchised for Kenwood Pro. We had dual 500w rms mono bloc amps and a concrete base turntable w/Ortofon MC 20 in our high end room. People's jaws dropped when we demoed with Crime on 1/2 speed MoFi LP.

you must give this one a try , It beat's the mofi 1/2 hands down

Attachments

• suptrmp.jpg
    suptrmp.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 90
A newly-released clamshell of four early Fruup albums (my, how auto-correct hates this line!):

https://burningshed.com/fruupp_wise-as-wisdom_4cd?filter_name=Fruup&filter_sub_category=true
Listened to the first one last night: a pleasant mix of Caravan / ELP / King Crimson / Genesis influenced Irish prog with some lively effects! Would love for Mr. Wilson to get his hands on some of this (poor guy, overworked as he is). Was surprised I had never delved into them back in the day, but in my neck of the woods they were pretty obscure.

Back