Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still really bothers me that Rhino is insisting on including an LP at all in these reissues, but to use new remasterings of the original mixes instead of a hi-res flat transfer (which was included on the earlier Panegyric releases) or Steven Wilson's newest stereo remixes is baffling - especially since according to the review above the remaster just doesn't sound very good. I wonder how much cheaper this release could have been if sold as a bookset without the LP.
Maybe a flat transfer of Fragile...doesn't sound so good either?

I have no use for the LP either.

I Just read the review over on IAA and sorry but I have to say, I found the below statement a slap in the face. "Sympathize"? naw, if there was sympathy there you'd be calling for them to release a stand alone version in BluRay ASAP. How many times do you want us to purchase so much material over and over just to get that latest "Atmos mix blows away all prior versions", that's beyond sad. Those of us that have the 2015 should not be expected to pay for all that once again. If we want the LP's and all, we'll order it, fine. I don't want to listen to the lossey Apple stream as my only choice forever. Really, using the bait line of 'blows away" just isn't fair to the fans, its a hustle. :cry:

"While I sympathize with longtime fans that are frustrated at having to purchase this album yet again–after all, this release marks the third surround revisitation of Fragile–I have to say that the Atmos mix blows away all prior versions"

How many times do you want us to purchase so much material over and over
Take it up with Rhino, not me—IAA doesn’t gain anything from people buying these sets.

I merely thought it would be interesting to provide a detailed article recounting what the Atmos mix sounds like on a 7.1.4 setup (something no other review I’ve found thus far of this box set bothers to do), so people can get some idea of the experience before they purchase.

Take it up with Rhino, not me—IAA doesn’t gain anything from people buying these sets.
Understood, but still I think that some support in the posting of an IAA reviewer would carry more weight than just another user complaint. I believe we are more than justified on this issue and there has already been plenty of comments made here.
Nuff said. ;)

Back