Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good sign for me when you get your Monday shipping notification from Importcds on a pre-order, it means I should get my shipping notification from them on Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to this. So I woke up this morning hoping you'd get your shipping notification from importcds today
For pre-orders, I've surmised that it's not always FIFO as many retailers tend to ship out-of-country new releases days or ASAP before local orders. Perhaps it's a way of trying to ensure everyone gets their order at roughly the same time (not really possible in many cases, but at least the intent is there)?

As of today, ImportCDs shows the Fragile SDE as an in-stock item rather than a pre-order. And--Bank Error In Your Favor!--they forgot to deactivate the promo code (HAPPY10) that was supposed to expire yesterday. So I was just able to order the set for USD 76.05 after promo, tax, and shipping.

I received it today.
BUT
No Blu-ray or its holder inside.
WTF
I've just emailed Burning Shed.
I know it's not their fault as you can't see what's inside.
Someone has messed up.
I hope it's a one off!!
Dang. So sorry to hear that. Burning Shed will make it right. That guy from Classic Album Review should give you his copy since he doesn't have surround sound. You could review it for him

Does anyone who has heard the set know what this is?

4. THE DEAN [3:45]

And whether these are different performances from the ones on Yessongs?
6. LONG DISTANCE RUNAROUND/THE FISH (SCHINDLERIA PRAEMATURUS) (Live)* [12:35]
7. PERPETUAL CHANGE (Live)* [10:45]

I received it today.
BUT
No Blu-ray or its holder inside.
WTF
I've just emailed Burning Shed.
I know it's not their fault as you can't see what's inside.
Someone has messed up.
I hope it's a one off!!
Of course it would be the Blu-ray that was missing and not any of the other discs!!!

In all seriousness that’s really unfortunate I hope it gets sorted out!

Of course it would be the Blu-ray that was missing and not any of the other discs!!!

In all seriousness that’s really unfortunate I hope it gets sorted out!

At one point in the 90s my dad bought the Jethro Tull box set ‘The Originals’ consisting of This Was, Stand Up and Benefit issued in mini LP sleeves. It was great at the time but contained two copies of Benefit ! Dad gave me the second copy and the rest is history I guess, but I always suspected some poor soul ended up receiving a Benefit-less copy … I still have that second copy btw !! So maybe one of us will open it and have two BR discs 😊

Anyway Beerking I hope you get this fixed !!! That’s the main draw of this set for me. If you have Apple Music though maybe you’ll be able to hear the atmos tomorrow ?

I have the Rush box set Sector 1 with two CDs of All The World's a Stage. One is quite scratched due to being loose instead of inside the card wallet (despite being inside a protective plastic sleeve) but still plays fine. I was quite shocked when it first fell out and was sad the disc was in such a condition... until I noticed that there was another copy in it!

Last edited:
I have the Rush box set Sector 1 with two CDs of All The World's a Stage. One is quite scratched due to being loose instead of inside the card wallet (the plastic sleeve didn't help) but still plays fine. I was quite shocked when it first fell out and was sad the disc was in such a condition... until I noticed that there was another copy in it!
On the Yes unboxing it appeared that they had a sleeve within the sleeve for the BR disc. Nice touch.

As of today, ImportCDs shows the Fragile SDE as an in-stock item rather than a pre-order. And--Bank Error In Your Favor!--they forgot to deactivate the promo code (HAPPY10) that was supposed to expire yesterday. So I was just able to order the set for USD 76.05 after promo, tax, and shipping.
I tried "Happy 10" this afternoon, but it no longer works. Deep Discount has a discount code "SHARKIE" for 15% that works. The prices are higher than ImportCDs. While DD says free shipping for orders over $25, but they did charge $2.99 for shipping on the Yes box. (No shipping charge for the Al Stewart set).

Concerning "The Dean"... I am afraid this might turn out to be a mistake like "Unknown Balad" on ELP's Tarkus remix, where SW found an unknown piece of music on a master reel and thought it was an ELP recording (which it wasn't).

The Dean sounds nothing like Yes in that period. The singing is definitely not Jon Anderson's or Chris Squire's or even Steve Howe's vocals. Perhaps they let Rick or Bill have a go at the mic, but i seriously doubt that :ROFLMAO:. The drums don't sound like Bruford's playing either.

I wonder what it actually is, but if it really is Yes, I understand why they never developed it further. My bet is it is not Yes, but some other recording that was found on the reels.

Curious...

Update

Chloe, from Burning Shed, has kindly offered to send out a replacement Blu-ray in today's post.
I asked whether anybody else had been affected by this error.
She stated not to her knowledge.
You would think after the production process of compiling these box sets that there would be exact amounts accounted for? And it would be obvious if a disc was left over.

Waiting for Apple to release this.

Last edited:
The Dean sounds nothing like Yes in that period. The singing is definitely not Jon Anderson's or Chris Squire's or even Steve Howe's vocals. Perhaps they let Rick or Bill have a go at the mic, but i seriously doubt that :ROFLMAO:. The drums don't sound like Bruford's playing either.

Maybe it's Roger Dean singing :ROFLMAO:

Back