(2024-12) The Return of VHS (& Dolby Surround?)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute I still have a 4:3 CRT Tv a Sony Trinitron. Runs with a Samsung HD tuner for 1080i reception.

Okay Ill wait for the laughter to stop.......or slow down.....

I have never, ever understood the analog media revival trend. Wanting a worse version of something just because it's cool? Next thing you know, it'll be cool to wear things like ripped jeans or...wait a minute...🤔
Cassettes traveling @ 1 7/8 ips and now THIS! 240 lines of resolution with HiFi in Dolby Surround ..... wonder how many VHS players are actually still functioning??????

It's bad enough that 480p DVDs are still being mass produced and gulped up by people who haven't even transitioned to blu~ray much less 4K...and they cost as much as both if you check Deep Discount's current pricing.

Has the world gone 🦇 SHIT?

🧛‍♂️ Why, YES!

Last edited:
Wait a minute I still have a 4:3 CRT Tv a Sony Trinitron. Runs with a Samsung HD tuner for 1080i reception.

Okay Ill wait for the laughter to stop.......or slow down.....

I still use a 4:3 19" CRT TV in my basement system ($99 from Sears in 2006) to watch OTA TV, VHS, CED, LD, VideoCD, DVD, [UHD]Blu-ray [Quadio info screens too] and my time shifted VHS recordings from my streaming services. :)

Kirk Bayne

What next... Laserdisc...
Or better yet, bring back RCA's SELECTAVISION...utilizing a stylus to read gunked up discs which were nestled in a 'caddy!' What were they thinking?????? 🤷‍♂️

RCA SelectaVision Video Discs and Player | Collectors Weekly

Last edited:
I wonder why it's only being presented in 4:3...

I guess some people miss only seeing part of a movie. As someone who hated Pan and Scan with a passion this is might be the dumbest video release in recent memory.

I sought out VHS tapes that preserved the original AR. Better to see the whole movie with bars than wiping your a%* with scene composition to pander to people who want their screen filled at any cost. 4:3 was ugly for movies then and is just nuts today.

Back