4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With four big singles ("I'll Be Around", "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love", "One Of A Kind", "Ghetto Child"), The Spinners debut for Atlantic was all over the radio when I was in high school. I loved the album back then, and it still holds up. Looking forward to getting the quad blu-ray, if, indeed, it is one of the four.

Last edited:
1. Summer Breeze (WB)
2. Spinners (Atlantic)
3. ?
4. Mingus Moves (Atlantic)
I'm going to have to reassess here. Randy and Gordon do not fit a bright red package. #1 could be off in my predictions but we think it's not an Atlantic and not R&B either. I want to say that Bette Midler (soft rock) got the red package, but Atlantic is already covered.

I'm going to have to reassess here. Randy and Gordon do not fit a bright red package. #1 could be off in my predictions but we think it's not an Atlantic and not R&B either. I want to say that Bette Midler (soft rock) got the red package, but Atlantic is already covered.
So the WB could be the singer/songwriter and the Reprise the soft rock?

Maria Muldaur perhaps?

Maria Muldaur perhaps?
Reprise has a very limited selection of quad titles especially when you remove Frank Sinatra. And I don't think it's going to be Maria Muldaur, as Quadio is not ready for their first real disappointing seller in the series. If anyone thought Aretha Franklin (chock full of stone classic hits) was not quite the ticket, then Donut Shop would prove a new low in expectations.

It's the gray or off white of #1 that zeros in on S&C, and not James Taylor, Gordon, or Randy. And S&C has followers here and elsewhere that claim to be over the moon for this soft rock group. I have reservations about them and hear S&C as quite dated 70s sounding.

Anyway, something's up with the red one.

Reprise has a very limited selection of quad titles especially when you remove Frank Sinatra. And I don't think it's going to be Maria Muldaur, as Quadio is not ready for their first real disappointing seller in the series. If anyone thought Aretha Franklin (chock full of stone classic hits) was not quite the ticket, then Donut Shop would prove a new low in expectations.

It's the gray or off white of #1 that zeros in on S&C, and not James Taylor, Gordon, or Randy. And S&C has followers here and elsewhere that claim to be over the moon for this soft rock group. I have reservations about them and hear S&C as quite dated 70s sounding.

Anyway, something's up with the red one.
Well, I’m not going to put bad decisions for poor sellers out of the question for ANY record label. :p

Nor am the album-cover color-expert some of you guys are. But “Donut Shop” COULD have a red spine if it matches the rose? Could the off-white be “Gorilla”? Or is that cover not “off” enough?

Well, I’m not going to put bad decisions for poor sellers out of the question for ANY record label. :p

Nor am the album-cover color-expert some of you guys are. But “Donut Shop” COULD have a red spine if it matches the rose? Could the off-white be “Gorilla”? Or is that cover not “off” enough?
Gorilla is sort of a a cream color (or white) cover, a WB album.

Yep. Probably too white to be the off-white spine. But since everyone seems to be quite stumped this time…

Guess we’ll just have to wait for the out of focus covers. :ROFLMAO:
It all fits perfectly if Randy or Gordon is a red bordered Reprise Quadio. It's a stretch.

Last edited:
It all fits perfectly is Randy or Gordon is a red bordered Reprise Quadio. It's a stretch.
There’s nothing that says the borders have to match the album cover. Or match more than just a slightly-used color on the cover.

He could have shown us those spines knowing they’d confuse us!

(Ok. Maybe I’m projecting just a little bit. 😆)

There’s nothing that says the borders have to match the album cover. Or match more than just a slightly-used color on the cover.

He could have shown us those spines knowing they’d confuse us!

(Ok. Maybe I’m projecting just a little bit. 😆)
He also never said they were the spines of the albums, did he? 👀

Back