4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great sleuthing! šŸ¤©šŸ„³ i sincerely hope this is one of the upcoming new Quadio releases, itā€™s one of the all-time Classic Quads with a superb mix by the late great Thom Bell himself ā¤ļø
Yep. At first I was ā€œmehā€ at the thought of Spinners, but this album is a classic. Just for the hit singles alone if nothing else. And if you say the quad mix is great? Iā€™m excited!

(And this is coming from someone who still has his J. Geils and Alice Cooper discs sitting on the shelf unplayed.)

The Spinners! Mmmm. Good stuff.
1694218265631.png

With four big singles ("I'll Be Around", "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love", "One Of A Kind", "Ghetto Child"), The Spinners debut for Atlantic was all over the radio when I was in high school. I loved the album back then, and it still holds up. Looking forward to getting the quad blu-ray, if, indeed, it is one of the four.
yes! all brilliant tracks and it's also got their fabulous rendition of "Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You" for good measure, it's almost like a Greatest Hits as much as an album there's barely a duffer on it! i can feel a QQ "10" vote coming up if this really is on the way soon.!! šŸ™šŸ¤ž

Yep. At first I was ā€œmehā€ at the thought of Spinners, but this album is a classic. Just for the hit singles alone if nothing else. And if you say the quad mix is great? Iā€™m excited!

(And this is coming from someone who still has his J. Geils and Alice Cooper discs sitting on the shelf unplayed.)
the Spinners Quad mix is superb - up there with the Doobies Quads, no hype šŸ˜

great sleuthing! šŸ¤©šŸ„³ i sincerely hope this is one of the upcoming new Quadio releases, itā€™s one of the all-time Classic Quads with a superb mix by the late great Thom Bell himself ā¤ļø
Don't credit me, @russellsd was the one who figured it out! I'm merely providing the page with a screenshot for posterity's sake.

Jackson Brown's Late for the Sky was issued on Asylum, which is now part of Warner. That would be a great singer songwriter choice.
Based on their tendency to use old artwork and labeling, Iā€™d be very surprised if FR meant anything other than the ORIGINAL labels when referring to what these releases are.

first round he told us one release would be from Grunt which has been defunct since 1987.

I guess I have totally different musical tastes than most on this forum. :sneaky: Although I bought all 4 from the last batch, I wasn't really that excited about them. I grew up listening to Paranoid and B$B with my friends so I really wanted those for nostalgia sake, but eventually I really drove over to the "pop and soft rock" side of the road. J Geils, while I also own the CD-4 album, is not my speed at all. The Blu-ray will never get opened and the album was played only twice - the day I bought it and right before I almost opened the Blu-ray to listen to it. Meh. Not my taste.

If Rhino gave me all the Spinners, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Bette Midler, Joni Mitchell, America, the other Jefferson Starship releases and Bread, I'd be the happiest quad guy alive. (I already got Chicago, Doobies and Aretha's releases.) :)

So, don't judge me. Just know those are the ones that would be on the top of my list.

Iā€™ve never heard this Spinners album before, love the music. Really excited if it is indeed one of the new Quadios. Reminds me of Tower of Power or bands like that.

One of my all time favourite songs is TOP ā€œSo Very Hard To Goā€.
Now Iā€™m getting upset that Warners never mixed some of those great TOP albums into quad.

Something else to consider for all you color-sleuths out there. Not sure if it makes a difference with any of the releases being suspected here, but it appears that the color of the spine is more likely to conform to the colors on the BACK of the LP rather than the front.

The J. Geils release used the darker blue on the back of the album for the spine rather than the lighter blue that is around the edge on the front cover.

Something else to consider for all you color-sleuths out there. Not sure if it makes a difference with any of the releases being suspected here, but it appears that the color of the spine is more likely to conform to the colors on the BACK of the LP rather than the front.

The J. Geils release used the darker blue on the back of the album for the spine rather than the lighter blue that is around the edge on the front cover.
I've looked into this earlier and haven't found much yet.

I'll still stick with my assessment that the red~orangey spine is Gordon Lightfoot's SUNDOWN on the Reprise label which had a QUAD REEL release and fits the singer~songwriter designation.

Would be a fitting tribute as well to the man who sadly passed away on May 1, 2023!
That would be great!

ā€œSundownā€ is a stunner song and major album for artist and label. And together with the others creates a nice cross section of listening.

And those who like things on the lighter side will feel more included here than with the last white hot batch of rock. For these listeners there is much more S&C, Spinners, Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor, and Carly, etc. to be considered, so long as they come out and buy these by the thousands.

Itā€™ll be interesting too see these mellow listeners come out by the droves, and help this batch outsell the last four!

šŸ™‚

I'll still stick with my assessment that the red~orangey spine is Gordon Lightfoot's SUNDOWN on the Reprise label which had a QUAD REEL release and fits the singer~songwriter designation.

Would be a fitting tribute as well to the man who sadly passed away on May 1, 2023!
Yeah so they gave it a rich red package that looks very little like the original album art. Itā€™s a major album and as Iā€™d mentioned previously, the recording and production appeals to audiophiles, the album got a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab issue on LP like four decades ago. So itā€™s definitely time for reevaluation of this work on technical and artistic merits.

Countdown to the big reveal is on!

I guess I have totally different musical tastes than most on this forum. :sneaky: Although I bought all 4 from the last batch, I wasn't really that excited about them. I grew up listening to Paranoid and B$B with my friends so I really wanted those for nostalgia sake, but eventually I really drove over to the "pop and soft rock" side of the road. J Geils, while I also own the CD-4 album, is not my speed at all. The Blu-ray will never get opened and the album was played only twice - the day I bought it and right before I almost opened the Blu-ray to listen to it. Meh. Not my taste.

If Rhino gave me all the Spinners, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Bette Midler, Joni Mitchell, America, the other Jefferson Starship releases and Bread, I'd be the happiest quad guy alive. (I already got Chicago, Doobies and Aretha's releases.) :)

So, don't judge me. Just know those are the ones that would be on the top of my list.
My exact sentiments. No judgement here.

Back