4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red one - a real puzzler! I really HOPE it's Sundown but...
OTOH, other possibilities don't seem obvious as a fit either.

Brad Miller would be very upset if he know that his label prevented Audio Fidelity and other labels from releasing true quad masters in exceptional sound quality, but the folks he left here on Earth just have to deal with it.
How did DTS prevent quad mixes from being released? I've not heard this story yet.

How did DTS prevent quad mixes from being released? I've not heard this story yet.
Brad formed the original MFSL, and the current incarnation of MFSL licenses many top rock / pop titles which have quad mixes available, but they avoid those quad mixes, leaving the title reissued (in stereo only) for a period... thus other reissue labels feeling the title is already covered and exploited on SACD, and thus are much less interested in the given quad mix, at least for a period, a long period.

But there is no legal reason another label can't jump in and do the quad mix of a given album. MFSL (in general) does not have exclusivity on a title that they have licensed and reissued from another label.

If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
We might not get nuthin’ more info until maybe a week or so from now on these or the mystery disc

But then again an animated graphic with more subliminal hints details seems possible too.

We will find out on the 21st.
The Los Angeles HiFi audio store doing the Quadio presentation is going to make tickets available for purchase to the public but they havent been released yet.
So will Jeffie attend and spill the beans or remain coy and give us a few more 'bread crumbs?'

We will find out on the 21st.
The Los Angeles HiFi audio store doing the Quadio presentation is going to make tickets available for purchase to the public but they havent been released yet.
To purchase? I didn’t know that there would be an admission fee.

Quicksrt when I called the store this is what I was told. You buy them thru the eventbrite app which Ive used for work to reserve tickets although I never had to pay for them
This is a high end audio store that sees customers by appointment only. I was told I would get an email soon re the tickets but nothing yet.
The store is in downtown la I will consider going if the price is under $20 and I can get away from work.

If they wanted to publicize the quadios they could have chosen a less exclusive store on the westside or in Encino but Im not a marketing genius.

The red one - a real puzzler! I really HOPE it's Sundown but...
OTOH, other possibilities don't seem obvious as a fit either.
I think "Diamond Girl" is more likely to have a red spine than does "Sundown".

1694717083706.png

Back