4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll certainly do at least one. How could I not?
@ForagingRhino and/or @Steel Woole or anyone else who wishes to are certainly invited to get involved.
Whatever helps promote classic Quad reissues.
A LIFE IN SURROUND sit down with Foraging Rhino [Steve] would be a real coup. Imagine all the tidbits of valuable info he has locked in his brain??????

I think "Diamond Girl" is more likely to have a red spine than does "Sundown".

View attachment 96284
Possible, and then the sole WB title is taken by this one. So the gray or off-white is no longer a WB, but a Reprise title. That one needs to be either Randy or Gordon. And gray does not look exactly convincing for either of those two on Reprise.

Possible, and then the sole WB title is taken by this one. So the gray or off-white is no longer a WB, but a Reprise title. That one needs to be either Randy or Gordon. And gray does not look exactly convincing for either of those two on Reprise.
What about Cold on the Shoulder for the gray?

UNTIL the NEXT FOUR are ANNOUNCED, Jeffie!
The next batch (which we don't even know if a third will actually happen) will be even more exciting because there will be 6 titles that will have been eliminated. (Actually more, since Chicago and the Doobies are also eliminated.)

The next batch (which we don't even know if a third will actually happen) will be even more exciting because there will be 6 titles that will have been eliminated. (Actually more, since Chicago and the Doobies are also eliminated.)
Six titles eliminated? I thought that 8 titles have come out counting this months (besides the two big boxes)? Oh, 9 if you count Aretha.

How do you come up with 6 may I ask?

Last edited:
I know we have the list of possible quad titles we could see on a page here, but is there a listing in some sort of checklist format so we can scratch these off as they come out?

Or maybe that’s overkill and not really needed at this point.

I know we have the list of possible quad titles we could see on a page here, but is there a listing in some sort of checklist format so we can scratch these off as they come out?

Or maybe that’s overkill and not really needed at this point.
Even the quad page here listed of WEA (Warner / Elektra / Atlantic) titles is out of date now - as some titles are no longer distributed by Warners.
Some other quad mixed 70s titles are now finally dist. by Warner Music.
And then there is the current Quadio series line of course.
Then there are quadraphonic titles that Warner controls that are already out and released on non-Quadio discs (Tull, Ten Years After).

What was the question again?

It's an interesting subject, but maybe too involved. And could lead to disappointment when something we want to check off from that list is simply not forthcoming.

Last edited:
And......................despite titles falling out of control for WEA/WMG, there are titles that they have obtained, like the Chicago Quads and the Jefferson Starship titles that came out as Quadio's even though they were never Warner Group labels or quad releases. So it's pretty hard to nail it down to a fixed list unless you have all the info

Some other quad mixed 70s titles are now finally dist. by Warner Music.
And......................despite titles falling out of control for WEA/WMG, there are titles that they have obtained, like the Chicago Quads and the Jefferson Starship titles that came out as Quadio's even though they were never Warner Group labels or quad releases. So it's pretty hard to nail it down to a fixed list unless you have all the info
Indeed.
Can you name a few Jon besides these two artists?

1694847931342.jpeg

Back