4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A special “Promo Only” 14 track Quadio sampler / one track from each release, but two from Chicago, two Doobies, and one rare quad track not yet on a Quadio release - given out as guests are leaving.

Yeah that would just kill.
The rare track would be Zilch by The Monkees. One Monkee per corner.

Mister Dabolina, Mister Bob Dabolina...

View attachment 96339
Hmm... Assuming that this reaction is an affirmation from Foraging Rhino, and given the other clues, the remaining red-spined quad title—a singer-songwriter release from Reprise—can only be a few particular titles. Mingus Moves was NOT released on quad reel, but Summer Breeze and Spinners were, so the remaining title must have been released on quad reel. (That also means it must have been a released recording.)

The subject of quad-reel releases is interesting, as Sail Away by Randy Newman was only released in quadrophonic form on quad reel.

From what I could tell, assuming that the white title is in fact Summer Breeze (and we all seem to agree the titles include Spinners and Mingus Moves), the red-spined title could be one of three releases:

Sail Away by Randy Newman,View attachment 96346Good Old Boys by Randy Newman,
View attachment 96345
Or Sundown by Gordon LightfootView attachment 96344

And these are what the spines look like, if you'd like to compare them side-by-side:View attachment 96347
Well based on this I’d say the red on “Sail Away” looks too dark to be what’s on this spine. 🤷‍♂️

STEVE WOOLARD AKA ’THE QUADFATHER', DIRECTOR OF A&R FOR RHINO RECORD’S QUAD SERIES WILL BE ON-SITE DISCUSSING THE RELEASES AND RECORDING PROCESSES OF THESE HISTORIC RECORDS.

I have my reservation in and will be attending. Looking forward to this and the four exciting expected announced titles.
Do tell us all!

I'd love to get there, but what with many hours just to get to London from where I live, then the cost ..... yeh I know I'm a wimp :ROFLMAO:
1695039556221.png

I imagine many of us will be checking in here at 9:01pm to get the full report.

If you take notes as a draft in this thread during the event, you can just click Post Reply as soon as they say, “
Someone else is likely to be there that posts the 4 new titles we are expecting next month. I don't really think I am going to have that scoop.

I was just being funny here.

Anyone listen to the J Geils quadio yet? I'm literally known since 5 minutes ago that all their early albums were produced by Bill Szymczyk of Eagles fame! Hopefully the Quadio sounds a little fuller than the tinny sounding cds...cuz I'm sure with him the original production was top-notch.
Yes, there is a discussion on that disc, it's in a forum thread called SPOTLIGHT High Resolution Multichannel, or something like that. Let me find the link

Yes, found it here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...es-from-the-vinyl-jungle-blu-ray-audio.34494/

Anyone listen to the J Geils quadio yet? I'm literally known since 5 minutes ago that all their early albums were produced by Bill Szymczyk of Eagles fame! Hopefully the Quadio sounds a little fuller than the tinny sounding cds...cuz I'm sure with him the original production was top-notch.
I believe he also did the Quad mix as well. Did he do the Eagles quads as well or are they uncredited?

I think I can freely tell you that ForagingRhino likes the fact that you all are sleuthing the titles from the clues. Just a few more days and you all can see how close you all came

I‘m sure that The Great Horned One is laughing at us. I am laughing at us. I start laughing when I tell myself that I will actually cherry pick titles this time instead of buying the bundle. 😇

I‘m sure that The Great Horned One is laughing at us. I am laughing at us. I start laughing when I tell myself that I will actually cherry pick titles this time instead of buying the bundle. 😇
Not so sure he's laughing at us; there are some very knowledgeable folks here about old Quad (where else in the world is there a more knowledgeable bunch than the QQ), maybe he's laughing "with" us for the shear joy of it all 😄

Well based on this I’d say the red on “Sail Away” looks too dark to be what’s on this spine. 🤷‍♂️
With none of the singer songwriters on Reprise matching up colors, this makes me sort of also doubt the #1 (gray spine) choice I had made for S&C.

But gray does not quite match Gordon or Randy either.

So what this must mean is that the colors chosen on one or two of these is not particularly a match of the given cover.

Boy is @ForagingRhino having the last laugh on all of us.

Little do you know that he used a color correction filter when photographing the Quadio spines. Yes that is what they look like on the planet Venus.
Did he photograph under fluorescent light and correct for that? Did he use a tungsten filter?

He has a big bet in Vegas no one will guess the titles and he has stacked the odds against us.

I wonder if they're going to come out with another Jefferson Starship? Spitfire (my fav maybe simply due to the Grace Slick "Moog" song alone) and Earth I believe were recorded in Quad as well as RO. I have a homemade quad DVD-Audio of both RO & S...of those I'm sure the quad Blu-ray would be even more impressive.
...or their first as Jefferson Starship. Dragonfly

I wonder if they're going to come out with another Jefferson Starship? Spitfire (my fav maybe simply due to the Grace Slick "Moog" song alone) and Earth I believe were recorded in Quad as well as RO. I have a homemade quad DVD-Audio of both RO & S...of those I'm sure the quad Blu-ray would be even more impressive.
I'll take one of those.
...or their first as Jefferson Starship. Dragonfly
...and I'll take one of these also, please. Hope that's not being greedy. :sneaky:

I was really hoping for a Jefferson Airplane/Starship Quadio box set. Anyhow, I do hope they also release Dragonfly, Spitfire , and Worst Of Airplane. If a quad mix of Earth actually exist that would be my first choice for another JS Quadio release.
I think we should or could expect another Jefferson Starship quad master in the future. But the older Airplane albums are Sony/BMG controlled and not expected to arrive on a Rhino Quadio release, not now or at all.

When Red Octopus was announced as one of the Quadios, I posted about it on the Jefferson Airplane: Come Up The Years FB page. (It sparked some interest.) A week or so ago, the cover of Waitress In A Donut Shop popped up on that page. For a second, I thought 'So that is the "red' release.' People praised the quality of the album. But, then, I saw that it was Maria Muldaur's birthday.

Back