4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we should or could expect another Jefferson Starship quad master in the future. But the older Airplane albums are Sony/BMG controlled and not expected to arrive on a Rhino Quadio release, not now or at all.
Rhino apparently has access to the Grunt Records releases by JA and JS.

Hmm... Assuming that this View attachment 96347
I just listened to the albums tonight (or last night) and also looked at the covers really good.

#1 seems more likely to be America Holiday than S&C Summer Breeze the closer I look at it. S&C is much more cream color than the gray like Holiday which we see above. Plus I listened to the music, and think S&C is simply not a part of this batch musically.

This still does not solve the Reprise singer-songwriter red riddle at #3.

The deeper one digs into the Summer Breese album the more evident their amazing guitar skills come into focus.

But yeah, not likely S&C this time imo.

Last edited:
Quadio update:

Tonight at 7pm-9p PDT (i.e. starting in 12 hours) is the preview of Quadio event. The last 4 discs will be highlighted (Paranoid, Nightmares, Red Octopus, and Billion Dollar Babies). They may also release info there about the upcoming set of discs.

There was also a thread for the event set up, so if you would like to ask the presenters any questions, it may be good to bring them up in there, with the hopes that one of us attendees asks them in person! If any info comes out about the new releases, it may show up in there first, so for those itching to know info as soon as it comes out, it may help to follow that thread too:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/a-special-preview-of-quadio.34849/

Last edited:
Just posted this in the other “preview” thread. We are looking at these four confirmed Quadio titles.

They are:

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners
3. Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
4. Charles Mingus - Mingus Moves

More on event very shortly!

Lots to report!

Last edited:
I would love "Blows Against The Empire" - Jefferson Starship or "Spitfire". Too bad Volunteers is on RCA, I have the Quad reel to reel and there is a totally different version of Volunteers, kind of acoustic not the pounding guitars. Rod Stewart- Atlantic Crossing, my old Quad newsletter showed a CD-4 Quadradisc cover but never released, end of the Quad era. So, there must be a mix somewhere in LA. Was there a Greatest Hits by the group AMERICA ever released, I have one of theirs on Quad reel to reel. Led Zep IV would have been nice since they are releasing a remastered, clear vinyl 180g version as part of Atlantic Records 75 for 75 series, (Atlantic Label to Celebrate 75th Anniversary With Year-Long Rollout of 90 Vinyl Releases, From Led Zeppelin to Lizzo) Atlantic having their 75tth anniversary, vinyl and SACD, (doesn't look like any multi-channels). Anything by E, L & P, I have Brain Salad Surgery on DVD - A or Dire Straits. Those newly released Steely Dan are disappointing, not releasing a multi-channel ATMOS mix. Can some on send me a list of what record labels Rhino is able to choose from for these QUADIOS, thanks.

Just posted this in the other “preview” thread. We are looking at confirmed four Quadio titles.

They are:

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners

Lots to report!
Dang…. A little underwhelming for me personally, but I may grab them just to support the effort so they will release others.

Just posted this in the other “preview” thread. We are looking at confirmed four Quadio titles.

They are:

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners

Lots to report!

‘Here in America a week post Holiday my head is Spinners(ing) from sunup to Sundown and I am getting my Moves ready to buy all of these!

I would love "Blows Against The Empire" - Jefferson Starship or "Spitfire". Too bad Volunteers is on RCA, I have the Quad reel to reel and there is a totally different version of Volunteers, kind of acoustic not the pounding guitars. Rod Stewart- Atlantic Crossing, my old Quad newsletter showed a CD-4 Quadradisc cover but never released, end of the Quad era. So, there must be a mix somewhere in LA. Was there a Greatest Hits by the group AMERICA ever released, I have one of theirs on Quad reel to reel. Led Zep IV would have been nice since they are releasing a remastered, clear vinyl 180g version as part of Atlantic Records 75 for 75 series, (Atlantic Label to Celebrate 75th Anniversary With Year-Long Rollout of 90 Vinyl Releases, From Led Zeppelin to Lizzo) Atlantic having their 75tth anniversary, vinyl and SACD, (doesn't look like any multi-channels). Anything by E, L & P, I have Brain Salad Surgery on DVD - A or Dire Straits. Those newly released Steely Dan are disappointing, not releasing a multi-channel ATMOS mix. Can some on send me a list of what record labels Rhino is able to choose from for these QUADIOS, thanks.
Blows against the empire would be great. Long time since I’ve heard that LP mentioned anywhere. I used to own. The Q8 of Volunteers and remember the different mix of the title track. I preserved the original as I recall it.

Three of these have been on my 'don't think we'll ever see 'em' wishlist! Would like to substitute Seals & Crofts for the Mingus, but three outta four ain't bad!

Thank you for sharing this update, and thanks to Rhino for keeping the format alive!!!
I never thought I'd get to hear the Mingus in real <<<<QUADRAPHONIC>>>> surround sound. Not everyone's cup of tea, in fact a bit avant-grade jazz here. But glad I'm getting a personal fave, and others are getting some pop and soft rock fare. We can all be happy about something in this batch.

Back