4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I previously brought up Little Criminals in half-jest because I was there were so few Reprise titles that could fit the spine color requirements, speculating that there was an unreleased quad mix for it.

One of the clues given by ForagingRhino was that none of the 4 albums received a 5.1 surround sound mix, which would disqualify this album. I made a post of all the Foraging Rhino clues a bit ago here: SPOTLIGHT - 4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

I like the idea of moving titles around and looking for the missing clues.

But I don't see Diamond Girl as bright red, just don't.
Summer Breeze is the only gray one I feel strongly about other than something like another Atlantic title which we know it is not.
R&B is covered, Atlantic is covered. Jazz is covered as far as I'm concerned.

We'll have to see how wrong I can be.

Screenshot_20230916-085609.png

Hmm... Assuming that this reaction is an affirmation from Foraging Rhino, and given the other clues, the remaining red-spined quad title—a singer-songwriter release from Reprise—can only be a few particular titles. Mingus Moves was NOT released on quad reel, but Summer Breeze and Spinners were, so the remaining title must have been released on quad reel. (That also means it must have been a released recording.)

The subject of quad-reel releases is interesting, as Sail Away by Randy Newman was only released in quadrophonic form on quad reel.

From what I could tell, assuming that the white title is in fact Summer Breeze (and we all seem to agree the titles include Spinners and Mingus Moves), the red-spined title could be one of three releases:

Sail Away by Randy Newman,
hq720.jpg
Good Old Boys by Randy Newman,
Randy_Newman_-_Good_Old_Boys.jpg

Or Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot
R-1482566-1624387921-5611.jpg

And these are what the spines look like, if you'd like to compare them side-by-side:
91153-Screen-Shot-2023-08-30-at-4.53.53-PM.png

View attachment 96339
Hmm... Assuming that this reaction is an affirmation from Foraging Rhino, and given the other clues, the remaining red-spined quad title—a singer-songwriter release from Reprise—can only be a few particular titles. Mingus Moves was NOT released on quad reel, but Summer Breeze and Spinners were, so the remaining title must have been released on quad reel. (That also means it must have been a released recording.)

The subject of quad-reel releases is interesting, as Sail Away by Randy Newman was only released in quadrophonic form on quad reel.

From what I could tell, assuming that the white title is in fact Summer Breeze (and we all seem to agree the titles include Spinners and Mingus Moves), the red-spined title could be one of three releases:

Sail Away by Randy Newman,View attachment 96346Good Old Boys by Randy Newman,
View attachment 96345
Or Sundown by Gordon LightfootView attachment 96344

And these are what the spines look like, if you'd like to compare them side-by-side:View attachment 96347
TBH, I didn’t bite for the last Quadio releases but I’m all in for this one.

View attachment 96339

Sail Away by Randy Newman,View attachment 96346Good Old Boys by Randy Newman,
View attachment 96345
Or Sundown by Gordon LightfootView attachment 96344

And these are what the spines look like, if you'd like to compare them side-by-side:View attachment 96347
I took that "Like" as a way of saying "nice effort, and enthusiasm is evident" and not much more than that, rather than FR there was confirming that I am correct in my guesses. But we will see.

Last edited:
Tickets for the Common Wave Hi-Fi event are now available! The event is Thursday, September 21st from 7pm to 9pm and is 21+: An Evening with Rhino Records — Common Wave Hi-Fi

And the listing reveals what albums will be played back on that date...

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies, Black Sabbath's Paranoid, The J. Geils Band's Nightmares... And Other Tales from the Vinyl Jungle, and Jefferson Starship's Red Octopus!!! 🙀🙀🙀🙀

(I assume they just didn't edit in the correct titles yet.)

Last edited:
Tickets for the Common Wave Hi-Fi event are now available! The event is Thursday, September 21st from 7pm to 9pm and is 21+: An Evening with Rhino Records — Common Wave Hi-Fi
STEVE WOOLARD AKA ’THE QUADFATHER', DIRECTOR OF A&R FOR RHINO RECORD’S QUAD SERIES WILL BE ON-SITE DISCUSSING THE RELEASES AND RECORDING PROCESSES OF THESE HISTORIC RECORDS.

I have my reservation in and will be attending. Looking forward to this and the four exciting expected announced titles.

To purchase? I didn’t know that there would be an admission fee.
Quicksrt when I called the store this is what I was told. You buy them thru the eventbrite app which Ive used for work to reserve tickets although I never had to pay for them
This is a high end audio store that sees customers by appointment only. I was told I would get an email soon re the tickets but nothing yet.
The store is in downtown la I will consider going if the price is under $20 and I can get away from work.

Ten dollar tickets, less than the price of two gallons of California gasoline. 💸 ⛽⛽

STEVE WOOLARD AKA ’THE QUADFATHER', DIRECTOR OF A&R FOR RHINO RECORD’S QUAD SERIES WILL BE ON-SITE DISCUSSING THE RELEASES AND RECORDING PROCESSES OF THESE HISTORIC RECORDS.

I have my reservation in and will be attending. Looking forward to this and the four exciting expected announced titles.
I’m jealous, being on the east coast and all. The sound system should be killer. I suppose that you’ll have to get there early in order to be seated in the sweet spot.

I’m jealous, being on the east coast and all. The sound system should be killer. I suppose that you’ll have to get there early in order to be seated in the sweet spot.

Me too. I'd love to go just to meet Steve. As I've said before, he truly is one of us, and I mean that in a GOOD way!! ;)

I might have to go all in and do a social media promotional blitz with the event news in fine detail, and then spill all the beans on the new titles.
If you think I ramble on and on now, just wait 'til I get the big scoop and go completely nuts. (joking)

Last edited:
I might have to go all in and do a social media promotional blitz with the event news in fine detail, and then spill all the beans on the new titles.
If you think I ramble on and on now, just wait 'til I get the big scoop and go completely nuts. (joking)
I imagine many of us will be checking in here at 9:01pm to get the full report.

If you take notes as a draft in this thread during the event, you can just click Post Reply as soon as they say, “...and thanks for coming everyone! Oh... and one more thing... as a thank you for coming, you get to pick one of these titles as our gift as you head out the door.”

(I might be a little overly optimistic on that last part.☺️)

If you take notes as a draft in this thread during the event, you can just click Post Reply as soon as they say, “...and thanks for coming everyone! Oh... and one more thing... as a thank you for coming, you get to pick one of these titles as our gift as you head out the door.”

AND YOU GET A QUAD TITLE, AND YOU GET A QUAD TITLE! EVERYONE GETS A QUAD TITLE!

A special “Promo Only” 14 track Quadio sampler (limited to 75 copies), one track from each release, but two from Chicago, two Doobies, and one rare quad track not yet on a Quadio release - given out as guests are leaving.

Yeah that would just kill.

Last edited:
Back