4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry that my earlier post must have come off as complaining when we are all grateful just to have these. Believe me I think Rhino has done surround music fans a huge favor!

I do have to call it like I see it on the handling of orders though. Most of us have had problems just trying to click Buy and have it work. So I'm hoping their fulfillment service gets these shipped by Friday or mid next week at the latest so we can all enjoy these great quad titles soon!

Sorry that my earlier post must have come off as complaining when we are all grateful just to have these. Believe me I think Rhino has done surround music fans a huge favor!

I do have to call it like I see it on the handling of orders though. Most of us have had problems just trying to click Buy and have it work. So I'm hoping their fulfillment service gets these shipped by Friday or mid next week at the latest so we can all enjoy these great quad titles soon!
We're all super thankful for Rhino releasing these...and more! Regarding the shipping, I think we're all just very excited to get our copies in our hands, as it almost feels too good to be true!

here are a few that are in quad that I would like Rhino to consider for round 2 ( not sure of label ownership so some may be unobtainable by Rhino )

Kansas Song For America.......... ( oh hell yes !!! )
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Jefferson Starship - DragonFly and Spitfire
the Steely Dan early releases
Nilsson
J Geils - Bloodshot
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
Gordon Lightfoot
Edgar Winter - there are quite a few --Id like to see They Only Come Out at Night
Grand Funk

I also wouldn't care about multiple shippings but in case of foreign countries you have to pay fees to the carrier collecting VAT for each shipment. This would not be tolerable! But I guess that Rhino will ship foreign orders in one go, hopefully!
Nope, only got two of them shipped so far, and separately. I assumed as I bought the full package it was going to be a single shipment, but unfortunately I was wrong

Don't have that one by JT. Do have CD-4 LP of Gorilla though. One of my fav JT songs is on that album was Mexico with backing vocals by D Crosby & G Nash. Nice tune, especially in quadraphonic!

I haven't listened to Gorilla in ages but that would be a good one for Rhino to release. I'd love to retire more of these CD4 LP's ;)

Someone ages ago in this thread said there was a quad release of Sweet Baby James. If so, that's one I never knew about in all these years; an excellent album, probably JT's best.
20230629_075622.jpg

Not the best pic. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're all super thankful for Rhino releasing these...and more! Regarding the shipping, I think we're all just very excited to get our copies in our hands, as it almost feels too good to be true!

That sums it up nicely! Very excited to see them on the way so we can sit back and listen! Agree completely. Good post GOS (y)

Fully agree - please *no* multiple shipping for orders outside of the US!! This is extremely important due to customs issues and processing fees.
I hope Rhino Steve is reading this thread and can provide any insight into how they are being dispatched to those of us who will take a customs and handling fee hit.

I'd buy any and all on your list! Bought all those Quads back in the day. Bought the CD's, too. Happy to pop for them once again.

Here are a few on your list that WEA/Rhino have rights to:

Dragon Fly & Spitfire are doable. So are Sundown & Cold on the Shoulder.

Bloodshot is a possibility, though I 'm not aware that was ever mixed in Quad.

Not sure who currently has rights to Tres Hombres.

A few more Rhino has rights to:
any/all Grunt releases starting w/Bark, Papa John & Hot Tuna
Gord's Gold Quad was announced, though not issued.
Judith - Judy Collins
Modern Jazz Quartet
Extensions of a Man - Donny Hathaway
Holiday - America
Hand Made - Passport Warner German CD-4
Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack
Spinners
Seals & Crofts
Carly Simon

here are a few that are in quad that I would like Rhino to consider for round 2 ( not sure of label ownership so some may be unobtainable by Rhino )

Janis Joplin - Pearl
Nilsson
J Geils - Bloodshot
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
Gordon Lightfoot
Edgar Winter - there are quite a few --Id like to see They Only Come Out at Night
Grand Funk

Janis Joplin - Pearl
Nilsson
J Geils - Bloodshot
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
Gordon Lightfoot
Grand Funk
Oh hell yes indeed for Song For America. I just love Kansas' first three albums. The first one is my fav but I'd most likely crap my pants if Rhino releases the quad mix of Song For America

I hope Rhino Steve is reading this thread and can provide any insight into how they are being dispatched to those of us who will take a customs and handling fee hit.
I'm so sorry for how this is being handled. It's not the kind of customer experience we want.

Double shipping notices. For whatever reason the fulfillment center had Sabbath as a separate item from the other three. Argh.

I took this issue to the Rhino storekeeper and she dug into it.
Those who are charged double VAT will get a refund.
Again, apologies.

Back