4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's Gone was an even bigger flop when it was first issued as a single, only making it to #60 in the Billboard singles charts in 1974 - it wasn't until 1976 that it was a Top-10 hit after it was re-released on the back of the success of Rich Girl, the single from their album Bigger Than Both of Us from the same year.
Another on the list of songs originally released as edited singles, later reissued at their full length. I can never remember what I think of as the full list, but "She's Gone" and Aerosmith's "Dream On" both come to mind.

(Or maybe the reissued singles weren't unedited, I just happened to only hear the uncut versions on the radio the second time around.)

I'm so sorry for how this is being handled. It's not the kind of customer experience we want.

Double shipping notices. For whatever reason the fulfillment center had Sabbath as a separate item from the other three. Argh.

I took this issue to the Rhino storekeeper and she dug into it.
Those who are charged double VAT will get a refund.
Again, apologies.
One of my shipments has disappeared from UPS tracking system? Yesterday both of them appeared as label created

What shall I do?

I reiterate, Rhino seems genuinely concerned with keeping people happy. Steve's post proves that.

I'm a Passport/Klaus Doldinger completist. I have German CD-4 of Hand Made. Wonderful 70's jazz and a great mix.

Also have a 2ch recording of Hello Josephine - Antoine "Fats" Domino at Montreux. Although I can't speak to the Quad mix, performance is superb!

Hoping to add some history here. (PLEASE, don't take this as an invitation to derail this thread!) Yes, @jefe1 there once was a Rhino records store near UCLA. An independent owner bought their other store in Claremont, CA in '81. It isn't part of the reissue label.

From the early Rhino catalog:

Larry "Wild Man" Fischer, RIP semi-famous record star and Dodger game vendor:

Go to Rhino Records (on Westwood Boulevard)

My copy of Sabbath has gone from Label Created to being in Carlsbad. Not that I obsessively check throughout the day or anything like that.

J. Geils is still in the Label Created phase and the other two are MIA so far with no e-mail about tracking info.

I agree with those who have advocated for patience. No, the shipping (and ordering for some) hasn’t been 100% ideal, but I think in fairness to the insider information we’ve been fortunate enough to have here, it’s OK for us to show a bit of grace in return. We’ve only been in the shipping process a few days.

That’s just me, though.

My copy of Sabbath has gone from Label Created to being in Carlsbad. Not that I obsessively check throughout the day or anything like that.

J. Geils is still in the Label Created phase and the other two are MIA so far with no e-mail about tracking info.

I agree with those who have advocated for patience. No, the shipping (and ordering for some) hasn’t been 100% ideal, but I think in fairness to the insider information we’ve been fortunate enough to have here, it’s OK for us to show a bit of grace in return. We’ve only been in the shipping process a few days.

That’s just me, though.
I agree with you, I honestly think it’s just a computer/server issue and all of our shipments are on our way to all of us 😁.

One of my shipments has disappeared from UPS tracking system? Yesterday both of them appeared as label created

What shall I do?
I suspect they are trying to fix this mess. Please be patient.

Remember when you used to order stuff and there was no communications or tracking? You sent a check and waited.
Things are better now, right?

Thanks QuadLinda

Enjoyed that trip down memory lane.
Wild Man Fisher now runs the shipping dept at Rhino. Now I understand!

PS Yes I am grateful to Rhino and FR for the Quadio program and what we are soon to receive.

What shall I do?
I would not be surprised if your order was taken off the rack bin of "ready to ship out" and opened up, invoice looked at, additional discs added before sealing it up, and brand new shipping/tracking label is to be generated.

They may be redoing every darn package they thought they had completed. Now they know what a 4 items bundle means.

Given all the anomalies reported..... wait and hope it all works out?
I'm generally pretty happy with the service I get from the USPS, but their tracking system is definitely less than perfect. I've seen stuff show up there and disappear more than once. A recent package kept getting referenced in my daily Informed Delivery email but never showed up when I'd check on the web.

Estimated delivery dates seem wrong as often as not too, though in my experience I usually get something earlier than initially claimed.

so I got an update, one of my packages was picked up last night by "UPS Mail Innovations" in Carlsbad, CA. It only showed up this evening however because I was checking USPS and Google said it might be FedEx but it's not.

So, all seems well, although it's mildly concerning that only one package is showing. I'm disappointed that it looks like I won't have any new discs before Saturday (or even Tuesday), but maybe that is a good thing, I'll get stuff done outside rather than sit on the couch all weekend :)

I hope the rest of you all have equally good news soon...

Edit: in my case, it's Paranoid that's showing in the tracking system.

Last edited:
so weird shipping for 11.99 to use UPS expedited on one then to usps then one has fed ex to usps lol.

The one tracking number I have for Paranoid by itself shows it was picked up by UPS Mail Innovations to be transferred to USPS at some point, probably when it hits metro-Atlanta. The other tracking number for the other 3 titles is still not yet showing as shipped. Why did they not ship both at same time IF coming from the same warehouse? If different warehouses, then it's understandable.

At least 1 out of the 4 is on its way!

Last edited:
so I got an update, one of my packages was picked up last night by "UPS Mail Innovations" in Carlsbad, CA. It only showed up this evening however because I was checking USPS and Google said it might be FedEx but it's not.

So, all seems well, although it's mildly concerning that only one package is showing. I'm disappointed that it looks like I won't have any new discs before Saturday (or even Tuesday), but maybe that is a good thing, I'll get stuff done outside rather than sit on the couch all weekend :)

I hope the rest of you all have equally good news soon...

1/4 good news anyway.
Maybe tomorrow will bring 3/4 more good news :)

Back