4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the shipping issues I'm now very glad I just ordered the two discs from the UK store. I'd have liked Paranoid but at least any shipping issues will be in the UK and easier to deal with for me.

I suspect they are trying to fix this mess. Please be patient.

Remember when you used to order stuff and there was no communications or tracking? You sent a check and waited.
Things are better now, right?
I have given up worrying, a lot of the time and more specific to Warner Group companies even more specifically the Dead stuff I order turns up and sometimes before the notification of shipping.

As long as it turns up I am happy :)

Looks like the 2nd shipment of 3 titles is on the way, USP Mail has picked it up.
Est ETA for both is Wed 7-5.

My 1st 2 listens will Red Octo followed by Paranoid. Quad heaven awaits. In the meantime, I have quite a few Atmos, quad and 5.1 titles that I had ordered but haven't listened for a good listening session this holiday.

And today, I'll be getting the newly released 2L album, An Old Hall Ladymass, in Atmos.

From medieval-choir-mass to Billion$Babies. I'm eclectic ;)

Last edited:
This is not Rhinos first rodeo there's really no excuse for this mess. How long have they been in business?
Mine show absolutely no movement after I was notified my discs have shipped.

OK, y'all are concerned when, or even if you get your Quadio. Understandable. You spent your hard earned $$$, as have I.

IMHO, if we refrain from hounding Rhino customer service or Steve, we will expedite things. Let's help them help us. I'm going to sit tight. Will give them breathing room.

A year or two ago, I had an issue with a couple hundred $$ box set. Rhino took care of it to my satisfaction. I'm convinced that Rhino will ultimately satisfy all.

Until they arrive, Mamita Linda will relax with a few CD-4's that I hope get Quadio releases. Dragon Fly, Judith, MJQ, Passport and more...

I was on the fence for this package until I read more than 2000 posts. Ordered.

Didn't want to miss out on the fun of checking your order/shipping status every 5 minute and posting about all the things that could possible be going wrong? (That is what most of the 2000 posts are!).

Oh hell yes indeed for Song For America. I just love Kansas' first three albums. The first one is my fav but I'd most likely crap my pants if Rhino releases the quad mix of Song For America
Same here but where does this notion of a quad Song For America come from?

Looks like the 2nd shipment of 3 titles is on the way, USP Mail has picked it up.
Est ETA for both is Wed 7-5.

My 1st 2 listens will Red Octo followed by Paranoid. Quad heaven awaits. In the meantime, I have quite a few Atmos, quad and 5.1 titles that I had ordered but haven't listened for a good listening session this holiday.

And today, I'll be getting the newly released 2L album, An Old Hall Ladymass, in Atmos.

From medieval-choir-mass to Billion$Babies. I'm eclectic ;)
How about opera...got any of that? Not to offend anyone who's either such a singer or simply a fan of it, but that's where I have to draw the line for the most part. But blues, rock 'n roll, some hard rock (sorry I never saw Mountain back in the day), jazz, R & B, reggae, alt-country, some bluegrass, folk-rock (ah, Joni...you're a musical treasure), world beat (Fela Kuti, etc.), some classical & hip-hop/rap, downtempo/chill/lounge (both Thievery Corporation and French duo Air put out some pretty good stuff IMHO), indie rock (Stereolab - for anyone who likes them, imagine some of their classic material in multi-channel; along the same lines, in your "mind's ear" try to listen to the Cocteau Twins' release Four Calendar Cafe as it might sound in surround - it boggles the mind). Varied tastes in music for me personally keeps things interesting - apparently it does for you also. However, it doesn't come naturally for some people I realize. It takes some work/motivation to expose oneself to things you might not be that familiar with...like opera for instance. Maybe I should be a bit more receptive there? Enjoy your new music though, ss9001. Music for me is truly one of those simple pleasures in life!

Last edited:
If you grew up in the Boston area in the 70s, Aerosmith and J. Geils Band were the biggest and best local bands, and 104.1 WBCN was the best place on the dial.
. . . and you spent your afternoons with Maxanne who always promoted the local talent!

Screenshot_20230630_103619_Google.jpg

Excellent. The cool thing about the next batch....as you say, It should be a nice mix of genre's compared to the first batch.
Yes! A nice, diverse mix of British and American hard rock and early metal from the 60s and 70s will do just fine for round 2! Like they say, variety is the spice of life! 😁

How about opera...got any of that? Not to offend anyone who's either such a singer or simply a fan of it, but that's where I have to draw the line for the most part. But blues, rock 'r roll, some hard rock (sorry I never saw Mountain back in the day), jazz, R & B, reggae, world beat (Fela Kuti, etc.), some classical & hip-hop/rap, downtempo/chill/lounge (both Thievery Corporation and French duo Air put out some pretty good stuff IMHO), indie rock (Stereolab - for anyone who likes them, imagine some of their classic material in multi-channel; along the same lines, in your "mind's ear" try to listen to the Cocteau Twins' release Four Calendar Cafe as it might sound in surround - it boggles the mind). Varied tastes in music for me personally keeps things interesting - apparently it does for you also. However, it doesn't come naturally for some people I realize. It takes some work/motivation to expose oneself to things you might not be that familiar with...like opera for instance. Maybe I should be a bit more receptive there? Enjoy your new music though, ss9001. Music for me is truly one of those simple pleasures in life!
I 'm a guy who likes much of that stuff you mention too, but here;s the thing : none of it was recorded in quad, second of all, that stuff sells far fewer copies than you think. I worked for 9 years in a "hip" store near DC that was selling vinl in the 90's when so few wanted it. I turned into a hipster, and stopped listening to most "classic rock and mainstream music" when I was there, got into indie, industral noise, and anything boomers seemed to not know. now that I am in my 50's, still like all the stuff that I got into in the 90's . bands like the fall, and gang of four and wire are still among my favorites, but now its okay to listen to and buy all the 70's rock my family listened to when I was a kid, I did work for tower and borders in the music section years later, indie rock and hip and cool stuff didnt sell nearly as well as "cool stuff" in tower and borders, and the tower I worked in was in Paramus in the NYC area. I was shocked to see the disparity. Sure, tower had a Kick ass import section, so much 'cool" stuff. it was less than 20 percent of sales. so may people my age, have NO IDEA what any of the punk indie and post punk stuff I like even is. thats why you dont see it get re issued.\

I ordered two copies of each. I got an order confirmation right after placing it, no tracking number no shipping notice. nothing. Moviemars on ebay has lost and refunded me on my two Alice cooper expanded editions as well not a good week.

I 'm a guy who likes much of that stuff you mention too, but here;s the thing : none of it was recorded in quad, second of all, that stuff sells far fewer copies than you think. I worked for 9 years in a "hip" store near DC that was selling vinl in the 90's when so few wanted it. I turned into a hipster, and stopped listening to most "classic rock and mainstream music" when I was there, got into indie, industral noise, and anything boomers seemed to not know. now that I am in my 50's, still like all the stuff that I got into in the 90's . bands like the fall, and gang of four and wire are still among my favorites, but now its okay to listen to and buy all the 70's rock my family listened to when I was a kid, I did work for tower and borders in the music section years later, indie rock and hip and cool stuff didnt sell nearly as well as "cool stuff" in tower and borders, and the tower I worked in was in Paramus in the NYC area. I was shocked to see the disparity. Sure, tower had a Kick ass import section, so much 'cool" stuff. it was less than 20 percent of sales. so may people my age, have NO IDEA what any of the punk indie and post punk stuff I like even is. thats why you dont see it get re issued.\

I ordered two copies of each. I got an order confirmation right after placing it, no tracking number no shipping notice. nothing. Moviemars on ebay has lost and refunded me on my two Alice cooper expanded editions as well not a good week.
Oh, I understand completely. I was just rambling on about (recorded) music in general...although sure, in my wildest dreams I wish all of those releases (and then some) were done multi-channel. That which is not financially feasible is typically doomed though.

Back