4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a little promo to keep us going this weekend...

Their newsletter also has a 4th of July sales notice. Don’t know if that applies to the Quadios, but if you haven’t put down your money, it might be worth a look.

Very educational. He shows me how to get the plastic wrapping off without resorting to an X-Acto knife. :)

Very educational. He shows me how to get the plastic wrapping off without resorting to an X-Acto knife. :)
I still have one of these little goodies :)

dsc_0071-jpg.93335

Attachments

• DSC_0071.JPG
    10 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:
I am curious as to how Rhino attained the rights to the Jefferson Starship material, since Grunt was distributed by RCA at the time. But maybe there's the key? Grunt was the Starship's own label, so they must have retained the rights to those recordings. That's probably why Michael Dutton didn't do the Starship quads.

I guess I answered my own question :sneaky:

Our own rtbluray was on top of this back in 2019

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...jefferson-starship-hot-tuna-catalogues.26055/

It would seem that the whole concept of a "bundle" is a misnomer on Rhino's part. Having read all these comments, I don't see any that say they are receiving the four in one shipment package. I imagine four stations in the warehouse, each piled with one of the four discs and a worker, after hitting the third one saying, "whew!, let me ship at least these three together, and tomorrow I ship out the other one cause I'm tywood"!

He/she may be referring to a quad LP version (Kirshner 1975) per the Discogs listing.
Problems with this:
1. Distributed by Columbia - wouldn't belong in this Rhino/Warner thread.
2. Looks faked; only the labels have the SQ quadraphonic indication. The catalog # (PZ 33385 [stereo] should be PZQ 33385 or similar), front cover, back cover, inner sleeve, credits, run out grooves all match the stereo version. [we've had fun on QQ in past years making our own wish list covers and labels]
Also: no copies available for sale; 4 claim they have it? Serious doubts.
Other than The Archies Q8 tape (1971) there is no quad product from Kirshner label.

Last edited:
Problems with this:
1. Distributed by Columbia - wouldn't belong in this Rhino/Warner thread.
2. Looks faked; only the labels have the SQ quadraphonic indication. The catalog # (PZ 33385 [stereo] should be PZQ 33385 or similar), front cover, back cover, inner sleeve, credits, run out grooves all match the stereo version. [we've had fun on QQ in past years making our own wish list covers and labels]
Also: no copies available for sale; 4 claim they have it? Serious doubts.
Other than The Archies Q8 tape (1971) there is no quad product from Kirshner label.

This disc falls in the category of ..possibly planned but didn’t happen , Tim.
I think it has some SQ logo on the lp ,but no where's else ,and no vinyl run out quad album number.

There is a thread somewhere on QQ
( possibly in the legacy quad matrix section ) about this album and the album
Gong Shamal being of the same situation.

There is a thread somewhere on QQ
( possibly in the legacy quad matrix section ) about this album and the album
Gong Shamal being of the same situation.

There is a Cai Campbell post from 2002 where one of these supposed quad LPs was played alongside the stereo copy thru a Tate with identical results.

In 2019 I posted:
‘Somewhere I have an email reply from Jeff Glixman stating "sorry these were never mixed for quad." Was probably 2005 or earlier...’

Gong Shamal has a slight edge in that prior Virgin quad albums existed.

We now return you to the current RHINO QUADIO discussion in progress.

Well a delivery notice for los angelels! Maybe ill get one of mine too before the 4th.
Regarding the double discounts which I didnt take I emailed Rhino and asked if I could have a credit to apply to the next quadio offerings. Not a big deal if I dont the bundle price is more than fair.

I did ask Rhino to redirect Gos order to me as he would want me to hear Paranoid first.
They assured me they had the truck turn around and it is now heading westward crossing the illinois border now.
Thanks FR!

Back