4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a delivery notice for los angelels! Maybe ill get one of mine too before the 4th.
Regarding the double discounts which I didnt take I emailed Rhino and asked if I could have a credit to apply to the next quadio offerings. Not a big deal if I dont the bundle price is more than fair.

I did ask Rhino to redirect Gos order to me as he would want me to hear Paranoid first.
They assured me they had the truck turn around and it is now heading westward crossing the illinois border now.
Thanks FR!

That'll surely make Gos..Paranoid !! Poor bugger.

Well a delivery notice for los angelels! Maybe ill get one of mine too before the 4th.
Regarding the double discounts which I didnt take I emailed Rhino and asked if I could have a credit to apply to the next quadio offerings. Not a big deal if I dont the bundle price is more than fair.

I did ask Rhino to redirect Gos order to me as he would want me to hear Paranoid first.
They assured me they had the truck turn around and it is now heading westward crossing the illinois border now.
Thanks FR!
I think it's time for an intervention with Gos....checking the weight might be just going a little too far:unsure:

There is a Cai Campbell post from 2002 where one of these supposed quad LPs was played alongside the stereo copy thru a Tate with identical results.

In 2019 I posted:
‘Somewhere I have an email reply from Jeff Glixman stating "sorry these were never mixed for quad." Was probably 2005 or earlier...’

Gong Shamal has a slight edge in that prior Virgin quad albums existed.

We now return you to the current RHINO QUADIO discussion in progress.
Not trying to derail the thread but just a quick detour...when I first joined the forum I went back to Cai Campbell's posts and read a lot of them....I wish he would have been around when I started here...

Now back to the proper discussion

This just arrived. Have not listened yet.

IMG_2018.jpeg

Still no shipping / tracking notice from Rhino; went back through trash / junk folders with no luck. I'm trusting it's happening and would prefer the effort be pure shipping and less about documentation anyways.
I haven't received any notice either but they were swamped with orders..

I haven't received any notice either but they were swamped with orders..
Me too. I ordered last Friday morning and have heard nothing since. I've checked the order status at Rhino and nothing has changed. I took one cautionary step, I ordered another copy of the BS disc by itself. While I want them all, if something happened where my order was lost, the only one that would make me suicidal to not have is the BS disc.

Since everyone is posting their tracking updates, here's mine for Paranoid:

Your item is out for delivery on June 30, 2023 at 6:52 am in LOS ANGELES, CA 90048.
I moved out of California almost 30 years ago. With all you CA folks getting your discs today, this is the first time in all these years I kind of wish (just a teeny-tiny bit) I still lived there.
I'm glad I never left, and now it might be too late (if I wanted to) as I now have no where else to go.

PARANOID on Quadio Blu-F'in-Ray just finished playing. I'm still going to listen three times before I toss in my "Spotlight" rating. But I will say this, for those like me that enjoyed the extra details of the percussion work, the drum kit, and sizzling fuzz guitars (as found on the CD-4 LP), it's all here on the BR. It's an inside look at the multitracked production, and bass is good too. Whoa!!!

(added) Oh yeah, the piano near the end of "Planet Caravan" being a bit more prominent here, or is it just the quad separation that makes it seem so. First gen master tape clarity!

Last edited:
I'm glad I never left, and now it might be too late (if I wanted to) as I now have no where to go.

PARANOID on Quadio Blu-F'in-Ray just finished playing. I'm still going to listen three times before I toss in my "Spotlight" rating. But I will say this, for those like me that enjoyed the extra details of the percussion work, the drum kit, and sizzling fuzz guitars (as found on the CD-4 LP), it's all here on the BR. Its an inside look at the multitracked production, and bass is good too. Whoa!!!

and how cool is that booklet???? :love:

It might be about time to open up the Spotlight voting polls on the news discs? I suspect those ratings are going to start appearing about any minute now.

Last edited:
Back