4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red Octopus- I've heard a million times, and still say FM Radio killed that with overplay back in 1975(my freshman year at University of Lowell).
Agree, the hit "Miracles" was overplayed (on AM radio). I'm surprised that this Dragon Fly and Spitfire aren't all being released together as a box set.

I was a huge fan of Jefferson Airplane but much less of Starship. I do own the Starship titles on reel to reel but a Blu-ray release will be a major sonic upgrade!

I would be in for all 4 of these. Once I saw the "Teaser" up late Thursday I knew what 3 or the 4 were, like many- never guessed the J Geils.

B$B was huge way back when, and I've never had a copy in any format.

Nightmares- I've never heard the LP complete in any format either.

Red Octopus- I've heard a million times, and still say FM Radio killed that with overplay back in 1975(my freshman year at University of Lowell).

Believe it or not- the outlier for me is the Sabbath, as I don't think I've even heard anything from the LP? I might have to find a copy for a listen, but even still- to support the continuance of the program going forward- I'd get all 4.

I've been a buyer of SACD/DVD-A for over 20 yrs now. It going to be a $$ year, as I just got the Moody Blues TOCCC Box, and I'm waiting for my SDE Shop shipment of the 2 APP titles as well as the TYA release.

I'm also waiting for Sony Japan to announce the next title in their Santana 7 inch SACD format release. I'm hoping its Welcome(released October 1973).

Chris
Also, Dutton Vocalion will go pretty easy on your finances, warming you up for when Who’s Next brings down Thor’s hammer on ye olde piggy bank!

Agree, the hit "Miracles" was overplayed (on AM radio). I'm surprised that this Dragon Fly and Spitfire aren't all being released together as a box set.

Don't forget about Volunteers! On CD-4 LP and one of the best JA albums. So definitely should be in your hypothetical box set along with Dragon Fly & Spitfire.

With songs like these:

- Wooden Ships (co-written by Kantner, Crosby & Stills but JA's version has a few more verses than CS&N's). To me, hearing the extra verses in JA's Wooden Ships adds more despair to this song meant as a post-apocalyptic story.
- Good Shepherd
- We Can Be Together (up against the wall, mf'er, tear down the walls...)
- Volunteers

Song writing, musicianship, strong vocals with Grace in top form & a great discrete quad mix, Volunteers is very deserving of a standalone Quadio release on its own!

In its time, Volunteers was one of the great, anti-establishment rock albums.

Last edited:
Don't forget about Volunteers!
On CD-4 LP and one of the best JA albums. So definitely should be in your hypothetical box set along with Dragon Fly & Spitfire.

With songs like these -

Wooden Ships (original & with more verses than CSN&Y), Good Shepherd, We Can Be Together (up against the wall, mf'er, tear down the walls...) & Volunteers

Volunteers is very deserving of a standalone Quadio release or in a box set.
That might be owned by Sony/BMG and was part of their Airplane's earlier RCA contract, and thus not available for the series.

I started a thread over at SH (check it out) on these Q titles we expect soon. But I didn't post any (QQ) links yet, and don't plan to until 6/16 when it's official.

But funny thing, this set of releases is high on my wants like many of us, at least the two main ones are, and I had to think and consider if the date was 4/1 and maybe was all all a April Fool's joke. :LOL:

Last edited:

Chris
Yes, but thankfully the rest of the album is fine, and not over-played. I think I mentioned previously I really like the track "Tumblin'" and I think the whole album is well produced. The slickness of the album is not a corporate type slick, but the sound of seasoned players who know each other over a long time period. The band chemistry from a decade, as I think it should. And Papa John Creach accents the album well. So one burnt out big hit single won't ruin this entire album for me in a new quad reissue.

Last edited:
I would be in for all 4 of these. Once I saw the "Teaser" up late Thursday

I'm waiting for my SDE Shop shipment of the 2 APP titles as well as the TYA release.

I

Chris

If you like Ten Years After , you will adore Black Sabbath Paranoid!

That album pretty much solidified Sabbath as The Original Metal Gods .

Here’s my guess for the forthcoming titles:

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus

I’m still sticking to my choices that I Posted back in Post #49. Sorry, I don’t see the Atlantic Quad being J. Geils Band’s Nightmares album. Though, I think it’ll be The Spinners. Not, Roberta Flack.

Here’s my guess for the forthcoming titles:

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus

If an artist has more than a couple of titles available in the Quad format, I would think they would save those titles for a box set. Unless, of course, if all said collection of titles cannot be found or are not in great condition. Then, we may see a single album or two release only.
Yeah, wow - I'd say you were the closest of anyone...especially considering your guesses were well ahead of Foraging Rhino's teaser.... and, as the winner, you get to buy everyone who posts in the hour a complete set of all 4! :hi :LOL:

I find it to be very annoying when I read on some of the quad FB sites that people are complaining about these 4 titles. AYFKM?? What do these people want? These are four great titles, 3 are classic albums with incredible quadraphonic mixes. I know we all have our own tastes and all, but it does no good to anyone to see someone post "I'm not interested" or "I might get one". Fine. Do what you want, but geez, this is a great thing for our hobby and the history. These discs will be saving these mixes forever for fans, some not even born yet

Back