4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed as I can't honestly say I've read all 1165 posts but is there any indication if the packaging will match the original two Quadio releases? I would be disappointed if they changed things up, I like the mini LP sleeve with the obi strip packaging from the CTA and Aretha releases.

The shift from cardboard mini LP replicas to super jewel cases might seem concerning to some. And there is something warm and nostalgic about all paper sleeve media.

But the way I look at it is the jewel cases these are coming in are special deluxe in their own way, and it’s partly the reason these new Quadio releases are not priced $30 a crack which is what happens when a Mobile Fidelity type package is printed up for each title.

Just another way to look at it I guess.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed as I can't honestly say I've read all 1165 posts but is there any indication if the packaging will match the original two Quadio releases? I would be disappointed if they changed things up, I like the mini LP sleeve with the obi strip packaging from the CTA and Aretha releases.
FR says they will be in super jewel boxes. Aren’t obi strips normally with Japanese releases? Aretha quadio?

I might be in the minority, but I’m thrilled they’re coming in Super Jewel Boxes.

I associated them with quality and way more durable than a MoFi style with their potential for creases, banged up corners and cracking along the spine
I agree, I really think Paranoid in particular will look really slick and classy in the super jewel box 😎

I might be in the minority, but I’m thrilled they’re coming in Super Jewel Boxes.

I associated them with quality and way more durable than a MoFi style with their potential for creases, banged up corners and cracking along the spine
Agree. My motto is, if it has a shelf-life over 10 years I want it in a durable container. I am also happy when the package fits on a standard jewel case or standard blu-ray case shelf space.

Mine too. Not only the most popular Sabbath album but it produced their only hit song "Paranoid"!

Such a fresh new sound, like a Druid’s dream 😌

As far as the cases/packaging, I'll be just peachy with the SJB's.

Less time and lower production costs to get these Quadios out the door quicker!
Just keep the Quad train comin' Steve baby :dance

Agree, the hit "Miracles" was overplayed (on AM radio). I'm surprised that this Dragon Fly and Spitfire aren't all being released together as a box set.

I was a huge fan of Jefferson Airplane but much less of Starship. I do own the Starship titles on reel to reel but a Blu-ray release will be a major sonic upgrade!
Was Spitfire ever recorded as a Quad? I'd be all over that!

Was Spitfire ever recorded as a Quad? I'd be all over that!
Yep, and I would've preferred that one, but I'll take 'em all - eventually!

1686593284719.png

Rhino has built up quite a frenzy on this forum. I sure hope their site doesn't crash on the 23rd. Sorry if I am being too anxious here. I really wish they would start taking orders a week early. Are they going to start shipping on the 23rd as they begin their 1st day of accepting orders? Or will they go out on the 26th? To me it seems it would make their lives more pleasant (and mine :p ) to start accepting orders on the 16th, filling them since they already have the inventory and then taking a nice casual drive (maybe take the scenic route) to local post office on the 23rd sending them on their merry way while additional orders are coming in on the 23rd.

I will be getting all 4 of the first batch, good music imho.

Nobody really asking me but I'll give my opinion of wants for the second batch or future titles.
I thumbed thru my CD-4 records and came up with:
Average White Band - AWB
Graham Central Station - Ain't No 'Bout-a-Doubt It. - I have a Q4 of their other title but either would be great
James Gang - Miami
Carly Simon - Best of Carly Simon
- honorable mention for the Spinners and Seals and Crofts, and Hot Tuna.

Back