4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just starting to get into more Chicago and unfortunately the Quadio release is going for outrageous money, I really hope they do a repress of that set, I’m sure the demand is there.
PRESS IT.jpg

That would likely be a good business decision, especially with all the momentum of these new releases and those that are planned to follow.

I seem to remember reading mixed reviews on the JS quad mixes here and especially this one.

Is that true or am I mis-remembering?
Ratings here in the Spotlight thread are indeed mixed, but with many rating a very favorable “10”.

Red Octopus as far as I can remember offers up great sound and performances of course, and nice separation in quad, but a bit restrained “by the book” instrumental layout.

There’s nothing not to like in this quad mix. As least you can play it for your mom and/or girlfriend if they want to know why the hell you ordered these darn discs in those odd cases when streaming is so easy!

Red Octopus as far as I can remember offers up great sound and performances of course, and nice separation in quad, but a bit restrained “by the book” instrumental layout.

It has been a very long time since my CD-4 days, but wasn't the quad of Red Octopus more along the lines of an immersive style of mix?

noo.. now i have to go look maybe they have been in other deployments together.

Wonder if we'll ever get these FOUR titles which were announced for DVD~A but never released like STEPHEN STILLS, CSNY/DEJA VU and Neil Young's After the Gold Rush?

I'm sure there are many unreleased surprises lurking in those WEA vaults!

R.76678c8965e334b1885316f86377c072

edit: I had pre~ordered Stephen Stills [CD + MLP DVD~A 5.1] from AmazonUK a few years ago but then it was canceled!
These wouldn't be under the "Quadio" branding, though.

It has been a very long time since my CD-4 days, but wasn't the quad of Red Octopus more along the lines of an immersive style of mix?
(Listening to the Q4)

I guess one could call it immersive. I'm listening to it right now. There is some great separation from front to back speakers, and tons of overdubbed elements to explore in many of the tracks. Rhythm guitars, violin, keys, backing vocals and percussion along with string arrangements coming from rear chans. That's a lot to consider.

It's an audiophile grade recording, and the quad brings out all the details more vividly. It now sounds like slightly more complex arrangements (for some tracks) than I'd remembered. I hear no ping-pong or any panning at all, so that's also a plus.

Yes, I think a 10

Geez, it was 16 hours between Duncan's and Ricky's posts. For a short time, it seemed that we had successfully finished the Quadraholics Anonymous program. Then as usual we fell off the wagon...

is tomorrow Announcement day ?
I'm Ready !

But can we pre-order before June 23? (23 June for you folks across the pond)

Geez, it was 16 hours between Duncan's and Ricky's posts. For a short time, it seemed that we had successfully finished the Quadraholics Anonymous program. Then as usual we fell off the wagon...

But can we pre-order before June 23? (23 June for you folks across the pond)

QQ just felt lonely and incomplete without a post from -

4 New Quadio releases coming in June!​

I won't pass up the JS RED OCTOPUS. :dance
Although only RED OCTOPUS interests me, I'll probably buy all four. If we fully support the Quadio program.
Red Octopus Lots of great tracks & genres: (edit) In my 100 fave albums and 10 fave and most played Quads. YOU NEED IT!
It's an audiophile grade recording, and the quad brings out all the details more vividly. (edit) Yes, I think a 10
This is the sleeper of the bunch, not as earth shatteringly different, or as heavy as those stone classic hard rock titles coming, but will be just as good as quad demo material, and an album that can be played without skipping any tracks.

Back