4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not one comment yet about the Quadio logo, as opposed to the original Quadradisc logos on the earlier Quadio's.

I find that interesting
It was one of the first things I noticed, but I’m so happy these are being released I figured what’s the point in complaining for something as small as that. Just my 2 cents.

okay, so when can we officially start speculating, gossiping, griping and postulating about the second batch of four quadios ?
How about right now? I think they will model the new batch similarly to the first one and keep all four within the same genre. So if one is James Taylor, then the other discs will probably be Carly Simon, Seals & Crofts, etc. That kind of thing.

How about right now? I think they will model the new batch similarly to the first one and keep all four within the same genre. So if one is James Taylor, then the other discs will probably be Carly Simon, Seals & Crofts, etc. That kind of thing.
Hopefully, Carly will have her own QUADIO box set...but ALL the rest you mentioned would be fantastic!

CARLY SIMON -
Best. Elektra EQ-1048 (CD4), 8Q-1048 (Q8)
Carly Simon. Elektra EQ-4082 (CD4), ESTQ-4082-QF (QR), 8Q-4082
(Q8)
Hotcakes. Elektra EQ-1002 (CD4), ESTQ-1002-QF (QR), 8Q-1002 (Q8)
No Secrets. Elektra EQ-5049 (CD4), ESTQ-5049-QF (QR), 8Q-5049
(Q8), Elektra QP-11004E (CD4) [Japan]
Playing Possum. Elektra EQ-1033 (CD4), 8Q-1033 (Q8)

It was a big relief to see a sensible price for international shipping to the UK. B$B and Paranoid ordered here. Really can’t wait to hear them.

Deep Purple - Machine Head
Deep Purple - Burn or Stormbringer
ZZ Top
Joni Mitchell - Court or Jackson Browne

or

Randy Newman - Sail Away or Good Old Boys (no two-fers here)
Bread or America
Joni or Jackson (attempt again)
Gordon Lightfoot (two-fer) or Seals and Crofts (two-fer)

or

Modern Jazz Quartet - Last Concert
Joni Mitchell - Hissing
Billy Cobham
Mingus or Gil Evans

okay, so when can we officially start speculating, gossiping, griping and postulating about the second batch of four quadios ?
No really, can you imagine if the next batch were three (3) Deep Purple albums and a ZZ Top Tres Hombres as a four pack QUADIO bundle?!?!?!
How would that be for the young but old rocker in you?

Last edited:
Can you imagine if they had digital discs in the mid-70s? Quad would have taken off in nothing flat.

I recently bought an old DiscoVision videodisc (1941) at a t-shirt - Incense - used LP/LD/CD/DVD store in a Mall in Des Moines IA.

Earlier today, I was looking over the prognostications (made in ~1972) about home optical disc systems, although Quad was in full swing during this time, apparently, no one asked the MCA DiscoVision people if they planned to include 4 FM audio carriers on their laser disc system (RCA planned to on their CED videodisc system).

With some sort if analog NR, MCA DiscoVision could have been a new format for discrete quad music (no video - or album cover video), but I find no record of any journalist asking MCA about discrete quad sound on DiscoVision.

Kirk Bayne

Sorry for asking a question that I’m sure has been asked: Do we know about the mastering of these?

The thought of finally hearing a 10/10 digital version of Paranoid is making me giddy.

No really, can you imagine if the next batch were three (3) Deep Purple albums and a ZZ Top Tres Hombres as a four pack bundle?!?!?!
How would that be for the young but old rocker in you?
Right there is my complete dream scenario for a classic rock 4-pack.

I know I’ll enjoy whatever else is coming from Rhino in this series, but those four are far and away what I hope for most.

Gotta ask, “Am I the only one that cannot place an order for the bundle?” Used guest and registered logins. Tried Firefix, Chrome and Safari. Tried iPhone and desktop. Tried different credit cards. Nothing works and no phone number to call.

Right there is my complete dream scenario for a classic rock 4-pack.

I know I’ll enjoy whatever else is coming from Rhino in this series, but those four are far and away what I hope for most.
I know, pure euphoria, and it's not an impossibility. Might be a very ballsy move from Rhino, but it would if included in a bundled 4-pack - make a splash that would rival Black Sabbath & Alice Cooper no doubt. A hard rock onslaught of four killer choices.

Lots to choose from and the next ones will be impressive too.

Gotta ask, “Am I the only one that cannot place an order for the bundle?” Used guest and registered logins. Tried Firefix, Chrome and Safari. Tried iPhone and desktop. Tried different credit cards. Nothing works and no phone number to call.
I would create a brand new account with a diff email addy. Don't order yet, just create an account. Then go back and order. If it still does not work, you are not meant to have these. Everyone else gets on to order after changing either passoword, name, or browser, etc.

I would create a brand new account with a diff email addy. Don't order yet, just create an account. Then go back and order. If it still does not work, you are not meant to have these. Everyone else gets on to order after changing either passoword, name, or browser, etc.
Thank you quicksrt ! I created the original account just last week. A new email account registration WORKED! Curious why trying with a guest sign-on wouldn’t do the same. Anyway, thank you for getting this extremely frustrated fellow QQer on board. I was sure you were right and these weren’t meant for me.

Last edited:
Back