4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order for two of them this morning, but I didn't write the order number down because the site said that I would receive a confirmation e-mail. It has been several hours and I have not received one yet, even though my credit card has been charged. I am not concerned, but I am asking what others have experienced. Did you get one right away, or are they just a bit overwhelmed with orders? Cheers!
I instantly got am email stating what I ordered in detail. But I got an error at the time I hit the buy button. So I thought it failed but everything went fine

Ditto, that looks great, need to check my e-mail!

Is that a new kind of QUADIO logo in the lower right they're using?
Not one comment yet about the Quadio logo, as opposed to the original Quadradisc logos on the earlier Quadio's.

I find that interesting
Crossed in the mail. . . .

I placed an order for two of them this morning, but I didn't write the order number down because the site said that I would receive a confirmation e-mail. It has been several hours and I have not received one yet, even though my credit card has been charged. I am not concerned, but I am asking what others have experienced. Did you get one right away, or are they just a bit overwhelmed with orders? Cheers!
I printed out my receipt when I ordered at the Rhino store, helps me keep track. But just checked my associated Rhino account e-mail and only got a PayPal receipt, nothing from Rhino. 🧐

I noticed the new logo too, maybe Rhino spent some money creating a new Quadio logo because they plan a long series of quad (+stereo) re-releases (can only hope). :)

Kirk Bayne

I cannot speak with authority on this, but I would guess that 'QUADRADISC' is a registered trademark of JVC for their CD-4 LP process. I remember communicating with Lou Dorren back when the first two Quadio's came out, and he was not pleased that there were Quadradisc logo's on those discs.

Then again, Marshall told me that some in AF felt that the big QUAD stickers on the AF SACDs 'scared away' stereo fans and may have impacted sales on those titles. I thought that was odd, but marketing is a science I am not an expert at. Maybe by having a 'quieter' logo on the discs they feel that the stereo will not be slighted for those only interested in the stereo. Who knows?

ForagingRhino may or may not respond to this matter, but although I too love the old logos as it reminds me of a great time way back when, the important thing is the music

Just got the email; I'll be ordering all 4, even though I already have the earlier DVD-A of "Babies" and the Universal DVD-V of "Paranoid". Figure it's best to have the native Blu-Ray format!

I would think that Rhino/WEA own their own Quadradisc logos.

As do Arista , Fantasy Prestige Milestone , Project 3 , A&M etc.

Ya sure it would've been nice to have the originals , Jefferson Starship would be the exception.

But it is the music in quad that counts , so whatever they chose is fine by me.

Yes , there was a bit of a delay. Approximately 10mins for mine.

I cannot speak with authority on this, but I would guess that 'QUADRADISC' is a registered trademark of JVC for their CD-4 LP process. I remember communicating with Lou Dorren back when the first two Quadio's came out, and he was not pleased that there were Quadradisc logo's on those discs.

Then again, Marshall told me that some in AF felt that the big QUAD stickers on the AF SACDs 'scared away' stereo fans and may have impacted sales on those titles. I thought that was odd, but marketing is a science I am not an expert at. Maybe by having a 'quieter' logo on the discs they feel that the stereo will not be slighted for those only interested in the stereo. Who knows?

ForagingRhino may or may not respond to this matter, but although I too love the old logos as it reminds me of a great time way back when, the important thing is the music

I guess there would be no quadradisc inside sleeve , or is there , Jon ?

IIRC, RCA allowed the WEA group to use the word QuadraDisc (early RCA CD-4 discs didn't mention CD-4, the later dual inventory RCA CD-4s did), anyway, back to the regularly scheduled Rhino Quadio release thread...

Kirk Bayne

I was just wondering why RHINO chose the blu ray logo in lieu of this one to distinguish it from films, concerts, et alia

DVDFr - Blu-ray Pure Audio : à la recherche du son perdu

I'm still in amazement that it took 30, 40, and 50 years to get the mixes that were completed in 1973-76 to be played back correctly in consumer homes. When you think about this, it is shocking. All the money and effort spent back then, and now we finally get these accurate representations of the quad mixes. I mean they have been trickling out little by little over the years, but now a few of the heavies have arrived. Can you imagine if they had digital discs in the mid-70s? Quad would have taken off in nothing flat.

I'm loving this advertisement as well. I can about smell that faded "Stereo Review" paper stock. The ad copy does kind of have that Marantz and Pioneer "excitement" somewhere in there. Then telling folks of the days of "yore" (yes we remember like it was yesterday) that all they need is a BluRay player and the four speakers which they already have! HOT DAMN - And the adrenalin rush.... as the shorts I am wearing feel slightly tighter. It pushes the right buttons imo.

I love it too, posted on my FB page, try as I may I've failed to get on their mailing list over the years.

Not one comment yet about the Quadio logo, as opposed to the original Quadradisc logos on the earlier Quadio's.

I find that interesting
It doesn't suck, but I like the old Quadradisc logo better. However, the old logo implies that the source was that for a CD-4, which we all know was not necessarily so.

I had trouble setting up an account with both Chrome and Edge. (I probably need to clear some browser cookies.) No problem with Safari on a Mac, though.
I eventually got it to accept my password. Rhino has the 'odd' requirements of upper case, lower case, number & special symbol. As Larry Yelled said, try a different special symbol. Thanks Larry!
I'm in & so is my order.
Did you get an email after registering asking you to confirm by clicking the link in the email? heck you email and check you spam folder to find that email if you have registered.
Yes, I got that email asking me to confirm. I had thought I had set up an account with Rhino earlier (..Doobie Brothers box set). But I hadn't, so I must have purchased that as a guess. (I write all passwords down & keep in a simple paper folder but Rhino wasn't in there).
It asked me if I'd forgotten my password. I'd thought so, so I entered my email address & submitted it but got no reply back. Since I never had an account with them.
But it all worked out!😁

Probably because that logo/branding was created/is owned by Universal.
My only concern is should RHINO elect to release these on a retail level, potential customers will be confused like they were in the DVD~Audio days when numerous complaints were lodged that the disc they purchased contained NO video accompaniment! I recall scads of Amazon customers lodged such complaints and returned the discs!

Very odd.

Yes, I ordered my bundle. And they are very prominently displayed on the Rhino Store site, but there is zero mention on the actual Rhino site. As in Homepage | Rhino. I would think new releases would have a nice feature there. 🤷

Edit. I just did a search for "Quadio" on the site, too, and these don't come up. Just the Doobie Brothers and Chicago which, of course, are not in stock.
I had same thing happen. Couldn't find the bundle till some kind soul provided the link,thank you.

Back