4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To refresh all your memories, here is a COMPLETE listing of ALL WEA [and associated labels] QUAD Offerings. Of course some titles have been added [like GRUNT] and some subtracted but hopefully as many of these titles as possible will be future candidates for the RHINO QUADIO release schedules:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm

Thank you quicksrt ! I created the original account just last week. A new email account registration WORKED! Curious why trying with a guest sign-on wouldn’t do the same. Anyway, thank you for getting this extremely frustrated fellow QQer on board. I was sure you were right and these weren’t meant for me.
So glad you are on board, and my most pessimistic pov was not to be.

Not one comment yet about the Quadio logo, as opposed to the original Quadradisc logos on the earlier Quadio's.

I find that interesting
Lawyers.
We had to come up with a logo quick. They wouldn't let us use the vintage logos as they (somewhat rightly) pointed out that these discs do not use THAT tech.

Lawyers.
We had to come up with a logo quick. They wouldn't let us use the vintage logos as they (somewhat rightly) pointed out that these discs do not use THAT tech.
FR, what about the PURE AUDIO logos? IMO, necessary to distinguish them from blu ray video discs! And the very fact they are enclosed in Super Audio CD cases, will deter joe Q.Public from thinking they are SACDs!

That's a very nice mention. The forums and our exciting threads was a great way to get this batch some surround lift-off. And now 6/23 the press kicks in and helps skyrocket the series as an "audiophile" attraction. I like that way that they are not shying away from (mentioning) the fact that these are Quad 4.0 and 70s vintage masters. There is nothing to be ashamed of about Quadraphonic mixes. But some people act like it's bad "damaged goods." Half-inch masters of platinum album titles stored away and in impeccable condition - captured in 24/192khz, I mean please.

Last edited:
Lawyers.

I like the new logo, it hearkens back to the original (recommended) way to listen to Quadraphonic sound - 4 full range speakers in a square, each facing the listener (in the center) - this method was still recommended by Louis Dorren (back in ~2008).

Kirk Bayne

That's a very nice mention. The forums and our exciting threads was a great way to get this batch some surround lift-off. And now 6/23 the press kicks in and helps skyrocket the series as an "audiophile" attraction. I like that way that they are not shying away from (mentioning) the fact that these are Quad 4.0 and 70s vintage masters. There is nothing to be ashamed of about Quadraphonic mixes. But some people act like it's bad "damaged goods." Half-inch masters stored away and in impeccable condition - captured in 24/192khz of platinum album titles, I mean please.
And so happy they didn't muck with those ORIGINAL 4.0 QUAD masters by attempting to do neither center nor .1 LFE channels!

QUAD IS BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:
That's a very nice mention. The forums and our exciting threads was a great way to get this batch some surround lift-off. And now 6/23 the press kicks in and helps skyrocket the series as an "audiophile" attraction. I like that way that they are not shying away from (mentioning) the fact that these are Quad 4.0 and 70s vintage masters. There is nothing to be ashamed of about Quadraphonic mixes. But some people act like it's bad "damaged goods." Half-inch masters stored away and in impeccable condition - captured in 24/192khz of platinum album titles, I mean please.
I also like that both articles (including the one @Bill B mentioned) say that there’s a stereo option. No one is left out even if you don’t have a surround setup.

Me too! Although gotta admit not my type of music.
Of all the 70s albums in existence, these are all far from my favorites list. Including the two I owned (and still have) on stereo vinyl. I doubt I’ll play any of them more than a couple of times. But I’m happy to own them and definitely want to support the series.

I also like that both articles (including the one @Bill B mentioned) say that there’s a stereo option. No one is left out even if you don’t have a surround setup.
Yes, as those first two early Quadio releases from a hundred years ago had stereo only.

You know that there are listeners that resent us having multichannel discs released period. Because their brains are wired in two channel only, they just can't enjoy surround quite the same. Poor things. ;)

The UK store Dig! cannot offer the Black Sabbath title (BMG has the rights to it there) and they did not take the J. Geils Band Quadio. Sorry folks!
Sorry for getting back on this… so there will be no way / other store to buy these two titles in Europe beside US import ?

Sorry for getting back on this… so there will be no way / other store to buy these two titles in Europe beside US import ?
I've seen a lot of product that gets imported into other territories and sold at a slight markup. In fact there are businesses that make their living by buying product by the case, and offering it for sale. Some product from Europe and Asia is manufactured with main intent to export to other countries. So I would keep an eye out, and likely see it appear as an imported item.

No really, can you imagine if the next batch were three (3) Deep Purple albums and a ZZ Top Tres Hombres as a four pack QUADIO bundle?!?!?!
How would that be for the young but old rocker in you?

Nice! But I thought that @GOS asked for quad orchestral covers of Sabbath?

Of all the 70s albums in existence, these are all far from my favorites list. Including the two I owned (and still have) on stereo vinyl. I doubt I’ll play any of them more than a couple of times. But I’m happy to own them and definitely want to support the series.
That pretty much describes half my collection of cds and to lesser extent other formats. No need to draw the line at these releases. Jump in the pile!

You might consider doing what I did just this afternoon. I have my albums ripped to a hard drive. I randomly play a set of unfamiliar songs from random artists...deep cuts. I find these sessions quite enjoyable.

Back