4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect, but don't know, that exclusivity to the Rhino Store was part of the complicated deal by which the Quadio program got revived at all. It makes things complicated for some of our overseas friends, obviously, but if sales of this initial batch meet or exceed expectations, then maybe the suits will allow the next batch(es) to receive wider distribution.

Hopefully they’ll end up in some UK places, and not exclusive to Rhino, we just need to wait until August for them
Well I've ordered the two that are on Dig! and they're they two I most wanted anyway. I might have gone for Paranoid if it were there. But I don't order from the US unless it is from Amazon, since it costs a fortune using anyone else.

"....J Geils Band and Jefferson Starship aren't that widely known in the UK,...."
I'm still umming and aahing about what to do :confused:! The only one of the 4 that I really want is Paranoid, and that's not going to be on sale in the UK. Which leads to the option of getting all 4 from Rhino US. I know the singles from the Alice Cooper, but I'm not a massive fan. J Geils Band and Jefferson Starship aren't that widely known in the UK, so I haven't heard anything off these 2 albums before. The 2 songs posted from the J Geils Band above are nice. I googled Red Octopus, and read that it was quite ballad heavy. I then listened to Miracles off that album on YouTube, and didn't like that at all, a bit of a croonery dirge, rather than a rock band ballad. I'm confusing myself now!

I've been Dazed and Confused for song long it's not true, I wanted some Quad, but I can't just go for 2.......
Maybe not in your UK, but they are famous in my UK :)

Of all the 70s albums in existence, these are all far from my favorites list. Including the two I owned (and still have) on stereo vinyl. I doubt I’ll play any of them more than a couple of times. But I’m happy to own them and definitely want to support the series.
I put them in my Roth IRA.

I didn't love it, and decided to not be critical of it so early on. I was going to say nothing. The original WB Quad logo is very elegant, this newer one is a bit cartoonish, or playfully corny. Why mess with a perfect original logo?

IIRC - There was a legal reason they could not continue using the original.

J geils band = one hit wonders (Centerfold), I tend to agree
Think I can name 2 Starship songs
Again I tend to agree
I tend to agree with "...one hit wonders (Centerfold)..." in UK. But the Jeffersons, under their various names, were around for ages and had several hits: From 'Somebody To Love', 'White Rabbit' through 'We Can Be Together' & 'Volunteers' etc., etc....... Maybe you are just too young to have experienced that time?

I tend to agree with "...one hit wonders (Centerfold)..." in UK. But the Jeffersons, under their various names, were around for ages and had several hits: From 'Somebody To Love', 'White Rabbit' through 'We Can Be Together' & 'Volunteers' etc., etc....... Maybe you are just too young to have experienced that time?
I assume he meant Jefferson Starship, not Airplane. Regardless, Jefferson Starship had a LOT of hits throughout the years...again, at least in the US.

I am 63, I personally know and have a few of their songs, but as far as hits go it’s “we built this city” and “nothing’s gonna stop us now”, I love the song “Jane” but i’d argue they’re not well known in the UK

I assume you mean, 1 hit wonder in the UK. They had multiple hits in the US across several years. Honestly, I never was much of a fan, never owned any of their albums.
Yes, the op stated the UK and I was agreeing, i’m a music nerd even for stuff I don’t like and if you offered me a ton of money to name another J. Geils band song I couldn’t

J Geils was a real popular uptempo blues rock band in the 70s and 80s. They excelled best as a hard rocking live group. I first saw them at a 4th of July concert at the Oakland, California Colosseum, with this lineup 44 years ago:

Day On The Green #2: Journey, The J. Geils Band, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth, The Rockets (July 4, 1979)

One of the songs from this Quadio reached No 12 on the charts and was a big hit on the radio.
From Wikipedia:
Their biggest hits included "Must of Got Lost" (No. 12 in 1975)

They were a big concert draw! People dancing in the aisles. In 1974 I attended this triple bill at San Diego Sports Arena for $7.50: J. Geils Band, Peter Frampton (18 months before Comes Alive) and PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi from Italy). Truth be told my interest was inverse to most of the crowd; PFM playing in the U.S. was super rare; I'd heard Frampton's albums and thought they were good. J. Geils Band owned the crowd when they came out. This touring package came about because all acts were managed by Dee Anthony in those days.

I was 16, had my elbows on the stage and was looking straight up at the band members. Thanks to roadies paying attention to my urgent sign language, I duct taped a guitar cable down that was threatening to come pull out of Frampton's stomp (FX) box. ;)

Last edited:
I assume you mean, 1 hit wonder in the UK. They had multiple hits in the US across several years. Honestly, I never was much of a fan, never owned any of their albums.

Geils was awesome. One of the best live party bands around with a touch of Motown & blues rock. To judge them just on “Centerfold” and their ‘Freeze Frame’ album is doing yourself a great injustice.

Peter Wolf has to be one of the best front men of all time. Check out the live album called ‘Blow Your Face Out’ and listen to “Must of Got Lost”, “Where Did Our Love Go” and “Ain’t Nothing But a House Party”

They were a big concert draw! People dancing in the aisles. In 1974 I attended this triple bill at San Diego Sports Arena for $7.50: J. Geils Band, Peter Frampton (18 months before Comes Alive) and PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi from Italy). Truth be told my interest was inverse to most of the crowd; PFM playing in the U.S. was super rare; I'd heard Frampton's albums and thought they were good. J. Geils Band owned the crowd when they came out. This touring package came about because all acts were managed by Dee Anthony.

I was 16, had my elbows on the stage and was looking straight up at the band members. Thanks to roadies paying attention to my urgent sign language , I duct taped a guitar cable down that was threatening to come pull out of Frampton's stomp (FX) box. ;)
Small world. My very first concert was J Geils at the San Diego Sports Arena. It was 1971. My dad and I were visiting my brother who was stationed in the navy in San Diego. I was only 14 and had never heard their music. Yes was the headliner, but I remember being impressed by the J Geils band!

Back