4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am hoping at some juncture RHINO can secure The Eagles approval to release their two QUAD releases. I've heard a dub of ONE OF THESE NIGHTS and it is indeed SPECTACULAR in 4.0. Can ONLY imagine how it would sound in 192/24!!!!!!!

EAGLES -
On the Border. Asylum EQ-1004 (CD4), 8Q-1004 (Q8)
One of These Nights. Asylum EQ-1039 (CD4), Q8-1039 (Q8)

Last edited:
Yes, the op stated the UK and I was agreeing, i’m a music nerd even for stuff I don’t like and if you offered me a ton of money to name another J. Geils band song I couldn’t
Yep, I said UK and I meant UK! I'm 58 (perhaps on the younger side here!)and also a music nerd for mainly 70's bands, and only know Centrefold from J Geils Band and some Jefferson Airplane stuff and Jane from Jefferson Starship. Perhaps this discussion is similar to the one about Blur (with a recently announced surround blu ray of their new album) where some of our US friends weren't aware of them (a very popular UK band).

I love this surround hobby though as its opening me up to lots of music that previously went under my radar :rocks . Examples - the quadios for Chicago and Doobies which are excellent (bands that I only knew a couple of singles of previously) and the quads of the first 4 Santana albums which I've recently been educated by buying and loving.

How about Guns n Roses in Quad?
Photo taken from their live set at Glastonbury Festival, which is on BBC TV now....it's soooo good.
16876416544522741128304235325613.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Guns n Roses in Quad?
Photo taken from their live set at Glastonbury Festival, which is on BBC TV now....it's soooo good.
View attachment 93151
I’m still POed that the band nixed the surround mix on their Use Your Illusion box set. To think that is sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust is heartbreaking.

Yep,
Legal reasons in that the quadradisc technology is no longer in use.
(See post #1749)
Well, not exactly. The electric stove coils graphic of a "Q" can be used by Rhino as it was exclusive to Warner Brother product and not owned by JVC, RCA or any other tech company. It's a Warner trademark. By using that Q logo with electric coils, but removing QUADRADISC and CD-4 underneath that logo and adding RHINO QUADIO in it's place, this creates a logo and text that clears any implied old technology, and retains the elegant design found on WB quadraphonic product.

First day sales doubled our expectations and I want to thank you all for the love and support.
You guys and gals rock!
We are all really happy to hear this. We have to actively support these releases if we hope and expect to see more from the 4.0 discography. Many of us here have been around a long time and understand that there are hoops to jump through to get these out. Some titles have higher hoop jumps than others, it's just not a given.

So yeah, I plan to talk and write more about these four titles when I get them in hand. We should all become even more vocal once we get our packages, and are able to hear what you and Rhino have recently accomplished with this series. Thank you for the extra leg work and keeping us up on the goings on.

Last edited:
First day sales doubled our expectations and I want to thank you all for the love and support.
You guys and gals rock!
And NO doubt, FR, this trend will continue! The WEA titles have long been sought after and even though we did get a few from Audio Fidelity, no one is a better curator of their QUAD titles than RHINO itself. And the decision to go 192/24 via BD~A and NOW include a STEREO option will inevitably secure this trend for as long as you decide to release back catalog QUAD titles!

SURROUND music is here to stay and with WEA on board the future is indeed sunshine bright ☀️🌈

And you guys at RHINO rock [big time] as well! :SG

You can't do it yourself? We suppose to do it and all my friends pay what computer calculates. I thick a box "A gift from a friend" and pay nothing. If you asked courier to do it, they take around 10 euros.
Rhino is a business, not sure they can tick “a gift from a friend” and hope to stay in business, they have to do everything by the book

I'm still umming and aahing about what to do :confused:! The only one of the 4 that I really want is Paranoid, and that's not going to be on sale in the UK. Which leads to the option of getting all 4 from Rhino US. I know the singles from the Alice Cooper, but I'm not a massive fan. J Geils Band and Jefferson Starship aren't that widely known in the UK, so I haven't heard anything off these 2 albums before. The 2 songs posted from the J Geils Band above are nice. I googled Red Octopus, and read that it was quite ballad heavy. I then listened to Miracles off that album on YouTube, and didn't like that at all, a bit of a croonery dirge, rather than a rock band ballad. I'm confusing myself now!

I've been Dazed and Confused for song long it's not true, I wanted some Quad, but I can't just go for 2.......
you only live once

as I get older I love exploring albums that I had no desire to listen to when I was younger

I recommend getting all 4. I think you will appreciate all of them

Back