4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an authority here, but Mark Waldrep (Dr. AIX), who has authored dozens of 24/96k DVDs, has noted that the bandwidth of DVD-As won’t handle five uncompressed channels, so he used MLP (Meridian Lossless Packing) to make them work.
MLP is pretty much standard, or was, on DVDA. Of course if it was authored as a "Hybrid" disc, that is the DVDA lossless side, and a Video side for compatibility with non DVDA capbable devices then the Video side can use DTS or AC3, or pcm.
I don't author DVD anymore so I don't author "hybrid" discs, just the lossless DVDA mlp encoded. Don't see any point in it. Everyone has an Oppo, right? J/K.

That "out of stock wait" time is never accurate, you didn't really think so for one minute did you.
Gosh, I really have no idea how Rhino announces stock levels or replenish times nor how accurate those announces would be. I have only ordered from them directly twice (Quadio bundle and Chicago Quadio) and twice via Joni Mitchell’s page.

Are they accurate with their “in stock” status for items? All the latest Quadio discs and bundle still show that.

Those who purchased the bundle, what's your batting/listening order? When I get mine, I go from least familiar to most familiar. I'll start with JGB, then JS, BS and end with AC.
I will go in order of interest for me:
JS, BS, JGB, AC (the last album I haven’t ever heard before in any format, so it can wait until last).

Last edited:
Those who purchased the bundle, what's your batting/listening order? When I get mine, I go from least familiar to most familiar. I'll start with JGB, then JS, BS and end with AC.
BS, AC, JS, JGB. My tastes mirror the tastes of most as evidenced by the sales numbers Foraging Rhino indicated.
There is a chance the BS disc will be listened to several times before I move on to the others. Black Sabbath is in my top 10 all time bands (with Beatles, Floyd, Zep, Rush, Yes, Hendrix, Stones, etc.).

Not an authority here, but Mark Waldrep (Dr. AIX), who has authored dozens of 24/96k DVDs, has noted that the bandwidth of DVD-As won’t handle five uncompressed channels, so he used MLP (Meridian Lossless Packing) to make them work.
That's been known ever since DVD-Audio arrived as a standard.

I assume you mean, 1 hit wonder in the UK. They had multiple hits in the US across several years. Honestly, I never was much of a fan, never owned any of their albums.
Yes they had multiple hits in the US and Canada for sure. For me their real hit was "Love Stinks"!
I have the Nautilus "SuperDisc" LP regular version and the dbx version!

Edit: I never cared much for the hits "Freeze Frame" or "Centerfold", pablum for the masses IMHO. Both were overplayed at the time as well. I actually do have the album "Freeze Frame" which contains both hits, I think I got it in a lot from a yard sale. Also have the CD-4 of "Nightmares".

Last edited:
Let's get the topic of this thread back on to the subject of these four releases, and not politics, brexit and/or the merits and drawbacks of import duties please. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted on sight so don't even waste your time typing them out.

I still remember the first time I heard "Paranoid". My girlfriend was taking some night courses at the junior college in 1970 and I would go with her. During a break, we were lounging in the grass outside and they had music piped in and played it through speakers mounted on the building.

What's weird is I never bought the album until now.

Doug

I still remember the first time I heard "Paranoid". My girlfriend was taking some night courses at the junior college in 1970 and I would go with her. During a break, we were lounging in the grass outside and they had music piped in and played it through speakers mounted on the building.

Doug
I thought that everyone had at least a cassette copy of their friends LP at that time! I discovered the first album shortly after "Paranoid" and liked it just as much, maybe even more, also made a (mono) cassette copy! I had the LP of "Master of Reality" long before actually purchasing the other albums for myself.

Also I just ordered the Quadio set!

Doug
This is my first Black Sabbath purchase ever. 🤣

Back