5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they changed the order of the songs on the bluray and made new copies one would think they did more than that like fixing the issues some of us noticed. We'll one would hope.....
It's become apparent to me that, despite excited hopes and speculations, the boxes that deliver in six weeks will be new old 2021 stock that will have been warehoused in various, possibly uncontrolled conditions, for three years.

The blu ray "promo" discs that appeared on eBay are the exact ones that will deliver in the vinyl and CD boxes.

There is no new pressing of a blu ray with revised track order, better mix or mastering, hi-res stereo versions, or any other pipe dreams.

The 48-page book has not been re-printed.

The printed date on every single item in the box will remain 2021.

Happy if time proves me mistaken, but nothing else makes sense in a cold examination of the facts, aside from overblown or mistaken marketing hype from third party sellers, not Experience Hendrix.

🍏 ☮️

Official, Night Bird Flying in the studio with Eddie Kramer, video
*with the new 5.1 mix there's some nice panning around the room and more separation of the various guitar tracks.

*from what Eddie was saying in the video about all those symphony of guitars fighting for space & combined with the title of the song; made me think of Starling murmuration-

Last edited:
It's become apparent to me that, despite excited hopes and speculations, the boxes that deliver in six weeks will be new old 2021 stock that will have been warehoused in various, possibly uncontrolled conditions, for three years.

The blu ray "promo" discs that appeared on eBay are the exact ones that will deliver in the vinyl and CD boxes.

There is no new pressing of a blu ray with revised track order, better mix or mastering, hi-res stereo versions, or any other pipe dreams.

The 48-page book has not been re-printed.

The printed date on every single item in the box will remain 2021.

Happy if time proves me mistaken, but nothing else makes sense in a cold examination of the facts, aside from overblown or mistaken marketing hype from third party sellers, not Experience Hendrix.

🍏 ☮️
We won't know until we get our orders, but I am thinking exactly what you are thinking. I believe the Ebay Blu Rays where stolen and they are the same as what we will get.
But, also like you I hope I am wrong.

Amazon e-mail says the expected release date (for my copy at least) has now been pushed to 10/4/24.

I’ve been waiting since 1/5/22, so I guess a couple of extra weeks won’t matter. And I won’t be surprised if it’s pushed back even more.
just got the same here, at least they're keeping us informed

1724035713562.png

I was surprised JBs price is actually quite good. I may cancel my long standing Amazon order and get it from JB. I will say JB HiFi has been screwing CD/DVD buyers for the past few years with their crazy prices. Pearl Jam new CD was $45
Totally agree but the Jimi set was very reasonable IMO (Should they actually deliver it!)

An article from Goldmine Magazine about the Electric Lady Studios project:

It was while his excellent book, Hendrix: Setting the Record Straight (co-written with Eddie Kramer) that John McDermott first interviewed many of the people involved in working on Jimi Hendrix’s dream project, Electric Lady Studios. “And that story stayed with me. I just thought, it's this tight knit group of interesting people having done something extraordinary. And I just felt, OK, keep that in mind. That's a great story to tell in a broader context later.”

Read more here:
https://www.goldminemag.com/feature...on-expresses-satisfaction-with-entire-project

Back