5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I could have cancelled as soon as others started getting shipping notices (or even before), but I held out hope that the deficiencies on the blu-ray had been addressed. The final deciding factor for me was seeing that the rest of the content was on Apple Music. Heck, now I hold out hope that an Atmos mix of the content on the blu-ray might show up there. ;):cool:
We have 17 out of 20 tracks on the 5.1 blu ray in Atmos on First Rays already, in a different running order, right?

I guess we can hope Pali Gap, Valleys of Neptune & Loverman get an Atmos EP release or something. 🤔

The good news is nobody who took a flyer on buying the "promo" 5.1 blu ray from the auction sites three months ago wasted his money.

Amazon has gone ahead and charged my credit card already, now with a Tuesday delivery prediction. 😆
I suppose I will go ahead and listen to the streaming CD tracks while I wait. 🕊️

What a lovely thing to wake up to.
Reportedly, the delay message has been going out for a few days, but they waited to send it to the earliest orders last? o_O

-------------------------------------------
Hello,
There is a delay in shipping your order because of a supply chain issue. We’ll make every effort to get the delayed item to you as soon as possible. If you still want this item, please confirm below. We apologize for the delay.

=============================================

Order #112-8734932-xxxxxxxxxxx
Placed on Thursday, January 13, 2022

Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision
Sold by Amazon.com Services, Inc

New estimated delivery date: Tuesday, October 8, 2024

================================================
If we don’t hear from you by Friday, October 11, 2024, we will cancel the item. Otherwise, we will send it to you when we have a delivery date and it’s ready to ship

Haven’t got the e-mail (yet) but it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to notice that my order (still due for delivery today according to the site) hasn’t shipped yet. At least the mailman has other goodies to bring me today.

EDIT: And.... there’s the e-mail. The annoying thing is if I look on Amazon, it claims that if I made a fresh order today, I could have it by Sunday. So cancel and reorder and hope the Sunday date is true, or let the 3 year pre-order play itself out?

Last edited:
Arrived Today
Better Size.

Glad the DTS 5.1 BluRay is in a Card case

Disc 3
Track 7 (Bolero/Hey Baby New rising Sun)
has been out before on a Official CD
as he says "Is the microphone on" which is on another Collection
mastered by Eddie Kramer

Also They should put (Instrumental) on some alternate tracks.

Nice to have 5.1 DTS Sound of 20 tracks
does not tell you it is DTS on the Booklet, though

We have 17 out of 20 tracks on the 5.1 blu ray in Atmos on First Rays already, in a different running order, right?

I guess we can hope Pali Gap, Valleys of Neptune & Loverman get an Atmos EP release or something. 🤔

The good news is nobody who took a flyer on buying the "promo" 5.1 blu ray from the auction sites three months ago wasted his money.

Amazon has gone ahead and charged my credit card already, now with a Tuesday delivery prediction. 😆
I suppose I will go ahead and listen to the streaming CD tracks while I wait. 🕊️

Of course; I somehow forgot about those 17 tracks already in Atmos on the First Rays release. I also forgot if it had been determined whether the fidelity and upmix issues on the blu-ray were also present in the Atmos mix. (I'm sure it was discussed in this thread.) I doubt the other three songs, one of which is my favorite, will ever appear in Atmos on Apple Music. This whole release might appear in stereo there, but AM tends to avoid duplication or completion in Atmos versions of songs. I hope I'm wrong!

I too got the amazon delay shipping notice....
Funnily enough I have just bought a used copy of the West Coast Seattle Boy collection 4 CDS and a DVD. It has some tracks that are on the Nine to the universe Lp I like

Given that I already have the bluray for this new set is it still worth getting for what is on the CDS? I have so much Hendrix already the purple box first Rays album the superb Blues collection....even the posthumous album never released here Loose Ends.

I too got the amazon delay shipping notice....
Funnily enough I have just bought a used copy of the West Coast Seattle Boy collection 4 CDS and a DVD. It has some tracks that are on the Nine to the universe Lp I like

Given that I already have the bluray for this new set is it still worth getting for what is on the CDS? I have so much Hendrix already the purple box first Rays album the superb Blues collection....even the posthumous album never released here Loose Ends.
Don’t give up on Hendrix just yet. A couple of hours after getting the delay e-mail, I just got an update saying it has shipped and arriving tomorrow.

Haven’t got the e-mail (yet) but it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to notice that my order (still due for delivery today according to the site) hasn’t shipped yet. At least the mailman has other goodies to bring me today.

EDIT: And.... there’s the e-mail. The annoying thing is if I look on Amazon, it claims that if I made a fresh order today, I could have it by Sunday. So cancel and reorder and hope the Sunday date is true, or let the 3 year pre-order play itself out?
It might save you ten dollars to wait and get the preorder price guarantee? It will for me.

I'm surprised positively, the 5.1 mix is better than expected. Eddie Kramer did a good job. Don't forget, it is a three men combo and some overdubs. I had to crank up the subwoofer a bit.

Back