5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I missing something or has the track listing been totally changed since this release was first announced? And why is Track 12 on Disc 4 "Stevie Wonder"? Am I looking at a different release? The "Cry of Love" is not on this release as it was originally.

I suspect you are correct @~dave~~wave~. ie. That this is the very same bluray and it was not held back because of the flaws but for litigious reasons and furthermore that they wouldn't even care about the audio flaws.

No one with both copies able to put this to rest yet?

Someone mentioned the Hey Baby track. The original mix on Rainbow Bridge has "Is the microphone on", FYI. This is a new mix of the very same original recording.

The CD/albums are the bonus tracks of the set, FYI. The mix outtakes and working mixes done as overdubs and production moved along. A "behind the scenes" bonus. And the 5.1 "mix" of Mirrors is clearly an upmix of the drum overdub working mix included in these bonus tracks.

Interestingly, the discs are printed with 2021 copyright date, but the sleeve of my blu ray from the box set shows 2024.

1728226053831.jpeg

1728226109766.jpeg

Back