Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bad news is that version Adam posted is not even listed now on that site...and it's amazing how many other versions are already sold out with a proposed release date in December:yikes...now you have to get vinyl included to get the surround disc HERE..I was going to bite the bullet for the version Adam posted...but it looks like that is already gone..

Pretty miffed about this, I was so looking forward to it... now I guess I will have to splurge out £76 quid for ONE bloody 5.1 disc, I'm not interested enough in the rest of the contents.. hopefully they will see sense and offer a cheaper alternative to those who only want the surround mixes, which I suspect is many/most of us here but I could be wrong..

see my post...things are worse now:couch

£95,50 to,The Netherlands. Haha, seriously Alan.

Wow.. that's bordering on daylight robbery.. if this flops they only have themselves to blame.

Consumers will probably be the scapegoats as usual, I can hear it now; "well nobody bought it, so there's no market for surround, so we won't be doing any more of the back catalogue in surround in future, its not cost effective".. etc..

We all want new surround mixes (and they know it) but do we want them at any cost?

UGH.

DAMMIT.

Doesn't this kind of thing make releases like AF's Surround SACDs and especially the new Quadio Chicago box set seem like EVEN better value for money?

The bad news is that version Adam posted is not even listed now on that site...and it's amazing how many other versions are already sold out with a proposed release date in December:yikes...now you have to get vinyl included to get the surround disc HERE..I was going to bite the bullet for the version Adam posted...but it looks like that is already gone..

REALLY?

For fuck's sake.. :(

Maybe an official press release will come out with the options available. I'd love a CD/DVD set like the King Crimson releases.

I was hoping I'd made a mistake and looked in the wrong place...try to find it again..

Does your card get charged for it immediately or in December?

It says PayPal is immediate but no indication if I pay by Visa/MasterCard whether they debit the money now or upon release..?

EDIT: Answered my own question, its a pre-order rather than a pledge with a target, so they'll take my £76 quid now and get rich off our money between now and Christmas.. well I'm sorry but FUCK THAT.

Does your card get charged for it immediately or in December?

It says PayPal is immediate but no indication if I pay by Visa/MasterCard whether they debit the money now or upon release..?

If you use paypal it's gone now..they will charge you now...if you use a credit card it will only be in the pending category to see if it clears your credit card and won't be charged until it ships..

Surely online stores will also be offering this and we'll see better prices appear.

If you use paypal it's gone now..they will charge you now...if you use a credit card it will only be in the pending category to see if it clears your credit card and won't be charged until it ships..

Thanks Mr.E :) So.. How about if I use a Visa Debit card?

I cut up all my Credit cards like 10 years ago (they are NOT a good idea for a spendthrift like me!) and so only spend what I actually have in the bank.. its better for my bloodpressure that way! :D

Back