Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the feeling we are looking at the same item but because of differnt locations, UK, NL and CA we al see different prices.

I could understand that part but the item itself isn't listed(you have to buy LP's on the surround version) and since they give the price in US dollars it's not like it isn't intended to sell in the US market

I could understand that part but the item itself isn't listed(you have to buy LP's on the surround version) and since they give the price in US dollars it's not like it isn't intended to sell in the US market
change pricing and availability to UK and you will see the £76.50 Adam is seeing.

It is just a long way to that space station of yours, hence more (space) shipping cost ;)

It's cash so they will take it now...

Ah.. I wonder if they (its the Woolfson Estate themselves who are behind this release by the looks of it?) realise some people can't afford to/don't want to tie up £76 for the next 6 months on a speculative punt of a release (the 5.1 may be a load of crap.. unlikely but still a possibility.. and as I said I do not want the rest of the contents on offer in that box set.)

DAM-MIT.

The $110 version I'm looking at comes with vinyl too (waste of the planet's resources, waste of my time and money, I'll never play it - and I'm playing around with vinyl again these days as you all know and I don't give a toss about it being included in the set..!)

AP will deliver it in person, or not? :yikes

Ah now you're talking! :p

He's had more than his fair share of experience in the surround game over the DECADES, I can't imagine he'd sanction such a stupid decision to lump the surround in with the vinyl etc...!?

Ill-advised if you look at it one way. Short-sighted and money grabbing if you look at it another way :eek:

Tell me there's another way!
I want the 5.1 of this..

FUCKDAMMIT.

change pricing and availability to UK and you will see the £76.50 Adam is seeing.

It is just a long way to that space station of yours, hence more (space) shipping cost ;)

I tried that(used UK version) and when you go thru the checkout it reverts back to the price I posted...just remember..I only work in space...I live in Florida:)..the strange thing is that the version Adam posted also had a US cost listed....

I tried that(used UK version) and when you go thru the checkout it reverts back to the price I posted...just remember..I only work in space...I live in Florida:)..the strange thing is that the version Adam posted also had a US cost listed....

Many things I do are strange, I guess.. :eek:

I'm just gonna STFU and order it at £76..

I'll only be kicking myself if this sells out.

Edit: No, I can't do it. My Catholic guilt won't let me! :eek: I'll keep an eye on the site and if they start giving a number on that set as to how many are left (currently it is the only option that says "Available" without any specified quantity remaining) then I might go for it down the line.. if I miss out, I miss out, life goes on :)

Many things I do are strange, I guess.. :eek:

I'm just gonna STFU and order it at £76..

I'll only be kicking myself if this sells out.

I'm going to wait and see what happens...I have a feeling that the sound quality of this won't be that great...just a feeling I have...if there is not a standalone blu ray option I'll just pay $300 for it on ebay and smile while I'm doing it:ebay

I too cannot (or perhaps stated more correctly, will not) spend that much on a box-set that I only want one part of...I'm sure if it sells well, other formats will follow.

Ah.. I wonder if they (its the Woolfson Estate themselves who are behind this release by the looks of it?) realise some people can't afford to/don't want to tie up £76 for the next 6 months on a speculative punt of a release (the 5.1 may be a load of crap.. unlikely but still a possibility.. and as I said I do not want the rest of the contents on offer in that box set.)

DAM-MIT.

It does appear that the Woolfson Estate is driving this release...he died Dec 2 2009..RIP....so we now get a glimpse of what transpires when an artist and his estate get involved in releasing some music...the planned release is on the day of his passing...so 7 years time has elapsed..so you could imagine how long it would take for a higher profile artist to have the heirs release his/her music...that's if there were no lengthy court battles over the will...

It does appear that the Woolfson Estate is driving this release...he died Dec 2 2009..RIP....so we now get a glimpse of what transpires when an artist and his estate get involved in releasing some music...the planned release is on the day of his passing...so 7 years time has elapsed..so you could imagine how long it would take for a higher profile artist to have the heirs release his/her music...that's if there were no lengthy court battles over the will...

I think I can see where you're going with this.. you're talking the likes of deceased mega stars like Prince and Bowie I guess?

I've often wondered whether MJ's death only served to totally scupper any hope of 5.1 Thriller etc., or if it really made no difference and he would have just never decided on the "right" surround mix even in his own lifetime even if he had lived another 20, 30 years..?

I just hope EJ never dies or that'll be the chances of Caribou in 5.1 totally up shit creek. haha! :ugham:

This is a really hard call. I want the album in 5.1, and I think it will be a good surround mix, and I've only ever had it on CD, so I'm not that interested in it on vinyl. I have bought new vinyl LPs recently to replace old battered ones, or second-hand SQ LPs I've always wanted. At £76 its half the price of the latest Marillion deluxe edition pledge I passed on (as the last 5.1 was too Silverline-ish!). As I'm losing my job at the end of December, if I pay for it now on PayPal its paid for by then. I doubt it'll be released on a stand alone 5.1 or CD/BDA, but ........ is it worth it? Mmmm, some musing to do on this one. :confused:

Back