Alternates to DVD Audio Extractor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikomen

QQ Supporter
I'm sure there are people that save and back-up their DVD Audio and Blu-Ray discs to their drive, but now that AnyDVD is now dead, DVD Audio Extractor no longer works, as it won't see the disc. Are there any alternates that are as user friendly as what AnyDVD used to do?

I'm sure there are people that save and back-up their DVD Audio and Blu-Ray discs to their drive, but now that AnyDVD is now dead, DVD Audio Extractor no longer works, as it won't see the disc. Are there any alternates that are as user friendly as what AnyDVD used to do?

Make a backup of the disc using Make MKV.

Then DVD AudioExtractor will be able to see the file. You can then rip FLACs from that file.

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 1.28.10 PM.png

strange, I have no issues with using DVD Audio Extractor with Blu-ray disks. Am I doing something wrong ;-)?
No seriously, I haven’t run into problems with it.

For DVDs I just go straight to DVD Audio Extractor.

For Blu Rays I rip the entire multichannel “file” via MakeMKV as an MKV and then use @HomerJAU’s fantastic Music Media Helper to split, tag, and export out as FLAC or .mkv for Atmos.

We Mac computer folks are still waiting for a Mac compatible version of MMH. At least CrowdStrike doesn't have their fangs into us. LOL

DVDAE never did recognize copy protected bluerays. Its not something that was lost. Make mkv and audiomuxer is what I use to get flac.

strange, I have no issues with using DVD Audio Extractor with Blu-ray disks. Am I doing something wrong ;-)?
No seriously, I haven’t run into problems with it.
Then there is some other software running on your system that is disabling the copy protection. Or the disks you are ripping aren't copy protected.

Because AnyDVD HD has not been updated, I can't extract the files on the newest Quadios. I tried to use MakeMKV but that just gives IILEAGAL REQUEST : INVALID FIELD IN CBD". Then Backup Failed. The previous batch still work fine via AnyDVD HD and DVD Audio Extractor.

Has anyone had success ripping these? Is DVDFab still working?

Personally... With regard to backing up DVD-Audio disc's I use DVD-Audio Explorer 2008 to extract and convert the discs .mlp (Packed PCM) files into lpcm.wav files. Then other audio encoding software's to convert the lpcm.wav files into flac files or other audio formats.

Personally... With regard to backing up DVD-Audio disc's I use DVD-Audio Explorer 2008 to extract and convert the discs .mlp (Packed PCM) files into lpcm.wav files. Then other audio encoding software's to convert the lpcm.wav files into flac files or other audio formats.
Yes but these are Blu-ray.

Well... With regard to backing-up Blu-ray audio discs I use MakeMKV in 'back-up' mode, then ImgBurn to create an .iso file (for storing on an HDD). I then feed the .iso file into MakeMKV again to create separate .mka muxes for the stereo, multi-channel and Atmos streams.

I don't bother to divide the above streams into individual tracks as I create a .cue navigation file - which my OPPO player understands perfectly ;)

Because AnyDVD HD has not been updated, I can't extract the files on the newest Quadios. I tried to use MakeMKV but that just gives IILEAGAL REQUEST : INVALID FIELD IN CBD". Then Backup Failed. The previous batch still work fine via AnyDVD HD and DVD Audio Extractor.

Maybe updating your version of MakeMKV will help. When I did that recently it made a big difference.

DVD Fab13, which costs a nice chunk of change works just fine. So does MKV. I keep mine up to date, that may be the issue for you. Though, I haven't gotten around to ripping the very last 4 I received. All others rip just fine.

I can now make a back-up but the files are still encrypted. Perhaps the next version of MakeMKV will be able to remove the encryption?
Are you FIRST pressing on the disc icon shown with the red arrow below? Before you hit the make back up button? IIRC, I think you have 'open' the disc before you can do anything else with it. But I may be wrong as I haven't gone through this in a bit.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 4.34.45 PM.jpg

Back