Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whaddya gonna put in the heights or the sides? 🤔
Well, I guess I'm essentially saying, if minimally, these 2 titles are a superb 5.1 (you can call it Atmos all you like, just release a high quality surround)

I mean, Back In Black surely has multiple tracks with back vocals, bass, lead guitar lead vocals, drums.

whaddya gonna put in the heights or the sides? 🤔
I think the mix approach SW established for these older stripped-down titles like Who’s Next or Moondance could work for AC/DC.

Drums & bass upfront, lead vocal in the center channel, and rhythm guitars partially/entirely in the sides. Then you have the rears and heights opened up for additional elements like solos, backing vocals, percussion, reverb returns, and other effects (I know I’d want the bells in “Hells Bells” to come from the height speakers).

I think the mix approach SW established for these older stripped-down titles like Who’s Next or Moondance would work for AC/DC.

Drums & bass upfront, lead vocal in the center channel, and rhythm guitars partially/entirely in the sides. Then you have the rears and heights opened up for additional elements like solos, backing vocals, percussion, reverb returns, and other effects (I know I’d want the bells in “Hells Bells” to come from the height speakers).
Add that with the fact that we've never had any surround version of this monster selling title. Bring on an Atmos and I bet it would sell bigtime.

Isn’t it time?

IMG_1848.png

Not sure why no one is mentioning Grateful Dead. I would not be surprised if physical releases of Steven Wilson's Atmos mixes and the older 5.1 mixes are put on Blu Rays for this Atmos program. (Actually, I'd be a little surprised if they aren't!)

I think the mix approach SW established for these older stripped-down titles like Who’s Next or Moondance could work for AC/DC.

Yeah, I know it CAN be done. And I’m sure it’d be fine. And I’d buy it. And enjoy it.

just not an album that’s high on my “I want this one is surround!” list

Ohhh God... yes, PLEASE??? The Steven Wilson mix appears to have been done nearly two years ago, and with the 45th anniversary of the album already passed (and the 50th anniversary not until 2028), this mix desperately needs an outlet.

Plus, the album sold six million copies in the US, so it has the multi-platinum credentials of the first batch.

Ohhh God... yes, PLEASE??? The Steven Wilson mix appears to have been done nearly two years ago, and with the 45th anniversary of the album already passed (and the 50th anniversary not until 2028), this mix desperately needs an outlet.

Plus, the album sold six million copies in the US, so it has the multi-platinum credentials of the first batch.
Wilson did a mix???? I didn’t know that. FFS! Let it loose!!

Back