Bronski Beat - The Age of Consent 40th Anniversary SDE Blu-Ray #26 (Oct. 18, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all hail Bronski Beat's amazing feat in producing the Age Of Content

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg

(there's so many tracks on this disc, i may have to play half of it today and the rest tomorrow! 🀣🀭 )

ps. i know you've told me a million times "do not exaggerate".. but.. πŸ˜‰

My mother was on the legal team that handled Apple's initial public stock offering in 1980. She even interviewed the Woz in the process. Needless to say, I grew up in a Macintosh household. 🍎πŸ–₯️
aaaaaaahhhh-mayyyyy-zingggg!!😍 πŸ™ŒπŸ˜»

i do hope Mother bought some shares herself, they've accrued a few quid in the interim!! πŸ€‘πŸ™πŸ’˜

One thing I don't quite understand. For example, this particular BDA title. How come you can't even view it at SDE right now? Even if the window has closed for ordering, wouldn't they at least list it as sold out?

No matter what I do, I cannot find it.
I just got an email from them telling me my copy is on the way.

Maybe of interest to a handful of "the 20 people who buy quad" (to quote John Lennon) is that the "RPM Studio" mentioned in the booklet of this release was set up by Robert Mason (of Stardrive fame) after his recording career ended. Many big-name records of the late '70s and early '80s were recorded there including Talking Heads Fear of Music, Herbie Hancock's Future Shock and Billy Idol's Rebel Yell. I think Mason set up a facebook page (which I can't find now) but there's also a really interesting "oral history" he did for the Greenwich Village Preservation website that includes a few mentions of the quad mix of the first Stardrive album. I thought it was interesting, the connection and lineage between this synth and surround pioneer and some of the '80s bands he later worked with now moving into the same territory with Atmos.

I'd long since forgotten just how superb this album is. I prefer the MLP 7.1 played as 5.0 to the 5.1. Having played it 3 times non-stop I've wrenched myself away. It really is SUPERB. No other word for it. And with all the bonus tracks you really get your money's worth.

Ox = VERY pleased.

Back