The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news & bad news…would love to have it, but about $50 with shipping across the pond… 🫤
A couple of weeks ago I posted in the SDE commentary asking how one gets a discount code for SDE products as the ordering page has a slot for that. Another poster was complaining about the high cost of shipping over seas or through Europe. The comment itself is still awaiting approval.

Last edited:
I can't help wondering what happened with Pet Shop Boys' "Nonetheless", since it doesn't seem to be part of the SDE Surround Series, while I reckon it should qualify, considering it's a Blu-ray audio disc with a Dolby Atmos mix, in "High Fidelty Pure Audio" BD packaing, sold via the SDE Shop. What gives?

I can't help wondering what happened with Pet Shop Boys' "Nonetheless", since it doesn't seem to be part of the SDE Surround Series, while I reckon it should qualify, considering it's a Blu-ray audio disc with a Dolby Atmos mix, in "High Fidelty Pure Audio" BD packaing, sold via the SDE Shop. What gives?
Not an exclusive title. No number, no SDE-branded slipcase.

now that we're 28 (or is it 27 & 1/2..? 🤔 ) titles into SDE's wondrous Surround Series of exclusive Blu-ray's, i thought it might be fun to recap/take stock of what they've released so far 🙌😻💘

IMG_1412.jpeg

from top L to bottom R (in numerical order from 1-27);

George Harrison "Concert For George", Tears For Fears "The Tipping Point", xPropaganda "The Heart Is Strange", Gilbert O'Sullivan "Driven", Shakespears Sister "Hormonally Yours", Brian Eno "ForeverAndEverMore", Orbital "Optical Delusion", Ten Years After "A Space In Time", Bob Dylan "Time Out Of Mind 2022 Remix", Tears For Fears "The Hurting", Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Edition", Suede "Suede", ABC "The Lexicon Of Love", Duran Duran "Danse Macabre", Trevor Horn "Echoes : Ancient & Modern", Soft Cell "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret", Def Leppard "Diamond Star Halos", Paul Young "No Parlez", Mark Knopfler "One Deep River", Wham! "Fantastic", Wham! "Make It Big", Keane "Hopes And Fears", Luther Vandross "Never Too Much", Crowded House "Gravity Stairs", Ultravox "Lament", Tori Amos "Unrepentant Geraldines", Bronski Beat "The Age Of Consent", Thin Lizzy "1976 : Jailbreak & Johnny The Fox".

the flip-side;

IMG_1413.jpeg

and the Porcuspines;

IMG_1414.jpeg

Last edited:
now that we're 28 (or is it 27 & 1/2..? 🤔 ) titles into SDE's wondrous Surround Series of exclusive Blu-ray's, i thought it might be fun to recap/take stock of what they've released so far 🙌😻💘

View attachment 110256

George Harrison "Concert For George", Tears For Fears "The Tipping Point", xPropaganda "The Heart Is Strange", Gilbert O'Sullivan "Driven", Shakespears Sister "Hormonally Yours", Brian Eno "ForeverAndEverMore", Orbital "Optical Delusion", Ten Years After "A Space In Time", Bob Dylan "Time Out Of Mind 2022 Remix", Tears For Fears "The Hurting", Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Edition", Suede "Suede", ABC "The Lexicon Of Love", Duran Duran "Danse Macabre", Trevor Horn "Echoes : Ancient & Modern", Soft Cell "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret", Def Leppard "Diamond Star Halos", Paul Young "No Parlez", Mark Knopfler "One Deep River", Wham! "Fantastic", Wham! "Make It Big", Keane "Hopes And Fears", Luther Vandross "Never Too Much", Crowded House "Gravity Stairs", Ultravox "Lament", Tori Amos "Unrepentant Geraldines", Bronski Beat "The Age Of Consent", Thin Lizzy "1976 : Jailbreak & Johnny The Fox".

View attachment 110257
Your post is SO MUCH FUN that i decided to take vertically oriented shots! Of course, i reversed two! We've had an accident! I was dancing to a "Smalltown Boy" remix!
Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 10.38.30 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 10.39.06 AM.png

Last edited:

View attachment 110256

the flip-side;

View attachment 110257

and the Porcuspines;

View attachment 110260
They look so nice all rounded up together! I'm curious if you have any favorites in the series so far.

My favorite would have to be Tears For Fears - The Hurting with Orbital, Paul Young, Ultravox and Trevor Horn rounding out my top five in no particular order. The Trevor Horn disc was the big surprise for me. I love the interpretations and the mix. I haven't gotten my Bronski Beat disc yet but that was one of my favorite albums of 1984 so that could jump into my top five. Same with the upcoming Thompson Twins and Tears For Fears discs.

View attachment 110256

the flip-side;

View attachment 110257

and the Porcuspines;

View attachment 110260
The Brian Eno sticks out like a sore thumb :) (says the person who likes conformity in packaging LOL)

They look so nice all rounded up together! I'm curious if you have any favorites in the series so far.

My favorite would have to be Tears For Fears - The Hurting with Orbital, Paul Young, Ultravox and Trevor Horn rounding out my top five in no particular order. The Trevor Horn disc was the big surprise for me. I love the interpretations and the mix. I haven't gotten my Bronski Beat disc yet but that was one of my favorite albums of 1984 so that could jump into my top five. Same with the upcoming Thompson Twins and Tears For Fears discs.
i'm just on my way out (to dinner not to shuffle off this mortal coil, hopefully..!! 🙏😳😬 ) i'll have a think and get back to you on that most excellent conundrum you have posed! 💘😻

i'm just on my way out (to dinner not to shuffle off this mortal coil, hopefully..!! 🙏😳😬 ) i'll have a think and get back to you on that most excellent conundrum you have posed! 💘😻
I'd like to take this one step further, if you don't mind Freddy?

How about top 5 fav/best mixes, and top 5 worst mixes? 🧐

enjoy your Din Din :)

Back