Dutton Vocalion April 2018 Surround Sound SACDs (Guess Who, Rick Derringer & The Hues Corporation)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG...these batches just keep getting better and better!

All American Boy is one of my fave SQ LPs...this is it, Dutton has delivered on rock folks!!

As for the Guess Who- these albums may not match up content-wise with early stuff like American Woman or Share The Land, but the mixing is so much better (total 4 corner separation) and there are some catchy tunes. "Clap For The Wolfman" and "Star Baby" are standouts. Will be a nice upgrade from my Q8s!

Last edited:
I ordered all 4 and w/s/h to the US it came out to $78.70. Unbelievable price considering one is getting 6 QUAD SACDs and 1 excellent Stereo SACD.:QQlove

Thank you, Michael and finally, Rick Derringer's All American Boy in QUAD not to mention Rock the Boat. :dance

Addenda: Just received an email notification from D~V that my order was shipped. :SB

Last edited:
I will be getting all three too. What's the calibre of the Rick Derringer guy? :p

there's a track on Rick Derringer's "Spring Fever" sums up this latest batch from DV, it's called; "ROCK..!!!"

i cannot tell you how utterly OVERJOYED i am that these Quads are getting the Dutton Vocalion treatment...!!!

both the Guess Who Quads are terrific albums and mixes, the CD-4 LPs sound great, I'm expecting a really lovely sounding SACD -- with both Quads on one disc, exceptional, I'd have expected this level of Rock Quad to be a 1 Quad per disc release kind of thing, if we were ever to get these gems released on a modern day format at all and here they are large as life as a two-fer.. wow..!!

Derringer's a pint-sized Rock guitar hero kinda bloke, i love him! stylistically these two records of his are all over the place, especially "All American Boy"; you've got Rock, blues, ballads, instrumentals, pop, Rock (did I mention there's ROCK?? haha..!!) you name it! yet even the ballads have momentum, he's a rockin' rocket and in this period he was totally on fire..!!

..and the Hues Corporation Quads.. oh my... I'm so happy I could weep tears of joy! aside from being excellent surround mixes with full-on content in the rears (really just some spectacular use of the surround channels going on, lovely vocals spread around the room on several stonkers on Rockin' Soul) they're fabulous albums.. plus on a personal note since I decided to go loopy and get into Q8 let me tell you these Hues Corporation Quads are some seriously hard to find Q8s, so for me to be able to hear them totally discrete in the best quality.. wow, now's the time baby, don't rock the boat.. oh go on then, ROCK THE BOAT...!!!!!

man... there are some seriously good surround albums on offer in this latest batch.. I'm excited to hear all of them remastered.. but above all, "All American Boy" is easily one of my absolute most played Quads from SQ/Q8 the last however many years of lapping up these ol' Quad records, its an absolute rock 'n' roll hoochie coo hoot.. cannot wait...!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow! Great news. Just got home, saw the thread, ordered the 3 M/C SACDs, and there you go. "Clap for the Wolfman" is classic quad, and "Star Baby" is a great tune as well. And the Rick Derringer's were always a difficult Q8 and SQ to find, so GREAT JOB D-V again!

Now why are you reading this post and not ordering your own copies - - - :SB:SB:SB

Put the Guess Who in my cart right away, and added the Hues Corp. on the basis of Adam's enthusiasm alone. (Although as a kid, I did crank the volume whenever "Rock the Boat" came on the radio.) Much as I love his work with Edgar Winter and Steely Dan, though, I don't think either Adam's raves, steelydave's erudite notes, or Michael Dutton's remastering wizardry can get me excited about Mr. "Hoochie Koo." But maybe I'll buy a copy of that one for someone who is a fan. Huzzah for D-V!

Back